Unable to change slot 1 Z and Y coords for T70 X-cockpit POV

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Unable to change slot 1 Z and Y coords for T70 X-cockpit POV

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:05 am

I am trying to change the cockpit POV position for the T-70 X-Wing by Spyder in Slot 1 using MXvTED 4. Changing the X coord on the cockpit tab seems to work ok, but changes to Z and Y don't seem to take affect for that slot. This is with the GoG version of XWA.

Is this a known thing with slot 1 specifically? Is there something else I am missing?

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:30 pm

Hello,
MXvTED works fine for me.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:37 pm

No you won't be able to, you can change the values to anything you like it' won't make a difference, it's because the Author (Spyder) added a cockpit hardpoint within the opt itself, which you would have to remove to be able to change the cockpit POV
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:08 am

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification!

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:20 am

Sorry to resurract an old thread, but I am trying to understand a little better how these things work.

I am lookiing at the Ebon Hawk OPT by Spider that also seems to have the same issue with "locking the camera" that the T70 has. Using OpTech 1.1 from what I can tell Mesh 14 had a cockpit hardpoint. I deleted that hardpoint and created a new OPT from that project. I repeated this for the ebon hawk's exterior OPT as well (I think both OPTs were the same). However, I still am unable to adjust the cockpit camera position.

How is the camera position actually tied to the hardpoint? Is there anything I need to change in Mxvted4 in order to fully remove the hardpoint or otherwise enable the cockpit camera to be moved? Are there any link or tutorials out there where I can lean more?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:18 am

there is really no need to open the ebony hawk in Optech, you can remove the cockpit hardpoint using MXvTED, but first

The Ebon Hawk doesn't come with and exterior opt, if it had there would have been an opt call HawkExterior.opt

It comes with 2 Opts Hawk.opt and corelliantransportgunner.opt which needs to be renamed to HawkGunner.opt

1. Place both opts in you Flightmodels folder
2. open MXvTed
3. from the menu select 'File' and 'Open Ship' and navigate to where the Hawk.shp is, select it, a screen will appear asking 'Would you like to locate this craft in its original slot: 58' select yes, if you wish the craft to be in slot 58 like on the 'write' button. If not go to the slot you want to install the Ebon Hawk (for example slot 66) open the Hawk.shp file again and when it asks 'Would you like to locate this craft in its original slot: 58' click no, it will open in slot 66, if you want it installed here click the 'Write' button.
4. Once install to which ever slot your happy with click on the Opt Tab
5. You will see Opt Information
6. first column Mesh click on "0"
7. scroll down to "13"
8. In the mesh hardpoint box it should say 31: Cockpit
9. Hightlight the 31: Cockpit and below you is a dropdown box which should also say 31: Cockpit
10. Click on the dropbown box and scroll up to 0: None and click on "Write Hardpoint"
11. You have now disabled the Cockpit Hardpoint.

Please NOTE: Since the Ebon Hawk does NOT come with a cockpit opt you will not see an interior opt in game, if there had been a cockpit opt it would have been named HawkCockpit.opt, but since there isn't one your out of luck.

Most flyable opts normally should come with 3 opts:

I'll use the X-Wing for an example

Xwing.opt = which we normally refer to as the base opt
XwingCockpit.opt = the interior of the craft
XwingExterior.opt = The exterior of the craft when you press the forward stroke button on your keypad

All opts do not have Exterior or Cockpit opts such as the Ebon Hawk but can still be flown in game but you either do not see an interior or you see the default cockpit, in the Ebon Hawks case you will not see a cockpit as Spyder has decided to add the Hawk to the cockpit name and remove all the Cockpit POV co-ordinates as they are all set to X=0, Y=0, Z=0

But if you wish to use the default cockpit that comes with the game

1. Open MXvTED to the slot you installed the Ebon Hawk
2. Goto the Cockpit tab
3. You should see a box with 'Hawk' simple highlight it and delete
4. Below you will see a box with Cockpit POV
5. Depending which version of MXvTED you using it should say X=0, Y=0, Z=0
6. Change this to X=0, Y=15, Z=-30
7. Next click the 'Write' button
8. In game now you should see the default cockpit.

Oh if there is a cockpit hardpoint on the Base opt this will override whatever co-ordinates you place in X, Y, or Z.

Hope this helps
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Thanks a ton for taking the time to do this, Darksaber. Now things make much more sense.

I had forgotten that I had duplicated the Hawk.opt and named it HawkExterior.opt when I was playing around previously. I am trying to use the Otana cockpit as a stand in for the Ebon Hawk, and this definitely helps me out to get than in place.