In need of help --> need phpBB programmer!

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

In need of help --> need phpBB programmer!

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi folks,

I need your help. As you know I finally got the new board set up and it's all nice and shiny now. You might also have noticed that the search function doesn't work. This is due to the problem that my DB size is limited to 100MB. Sadly the board already takes up about 67MB and if I add a search index it ends up at about 130MB, which simply is too big.
I can however set up a second 100MB db, which is nice, but doesn't do me much good... unless there's somebody here who has the time and knowledge to modify the phpBB3 Forum to access a different db when using the search feature. In theory this is actually rather simple, but in real life it's a tad more complicated. (Well, all it really needs is someone with enough time on his/her hands to dig through the code)
So, are there any takers for the job? You would need to have your own db for testing though...
Of course, if anybody can offer me a bigger mysql db which I can remotely access that would also do the trick ;)
Thanks for the help!

Forceflow
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

bulico
Cadet 1st Class

Post by bulico » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:49 pm

Although I am in information systems admin, and can program sql databases, sadly I don't have my own set up.
I'm the root of all that's evil yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:30 pm

Forceflow, just use the swcrusade.net site if you need more room for sql databases, as long as your DB isn't 10Gb it should work lol, I think you already have the log in right? Darksaber should have it as well if I am not available and you need it.

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:27 pm

I know that I haven't posted here in a good while, however I've got webspace with unlimited SQL databases of unlimited size, along with a couple thousand gigabytes of bandwidth. Maybe I can help.

Edit: This is One Point Two, btw. Looks like phpBB uses my old login rather than the display name.

Nomada_Firefox
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Nomada_Firefox » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:49 pm

If you need more help Forceflow I have two sites where you can upload a phpbb without problems. About the other, I can help you editing somethings but I do not see me like a master of this, I have two portals but I have not modded them too.

MacJordan
Recruit

Post by MacJordan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:05 pm

you can put the information related to you phpBB Programmer.
you may found your requirement.