**NEW** DSUCPv2.5 Release **NEW**

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: Great Job!!! Darksaber, on the DSUCP v2....

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu May 03, 2012 10:19 pm

That's brilliant, thanks
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

starflame
Cadet 4th Class

Post by starflame » Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Any idea if the small fix will also fix the sound/music issues as well? Music gets frozen frequently, and sounds raise and lower in volume randomly at times. Not sure if this has anything to do with DSUCP though

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu May 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Sorry but is NOT a fix, it's a test, to be incorporated into the UCP. I'm looking for testers who are willing to help, You were the first person to mention having a problem with the cutscene, I would have thought you would be willing to test, but you haven't mentioned if the test works or not and what OS you have!!

Which music do you actually mean? As the only music that has been replaced are half a dozen files on the Imperial concourse, no other music has been replaced, the rebel concourse uses all the original files. if you have a problem I suggest you use the runfirst shortcut provided or there are a couple of other options mentioned on my website, as for the volume raising and lowering I haven't a clue, I have replaced sounds but if they are randomly changing by themselves I doubt it has anything to do with the UCP
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu May 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Ok I need a couple of Testers

Instead of upping the whole UCP to test the MPEG-v4 Codec's and find out they don't work, I've made a small app to install them, but you must have the UCPv2.0 installed

I need someone with Windows 7 x64 as there OS and I need someone with Windows XP x32 to test please

The reason why is I know that some people with Win7 x64 are having a problem viewing the cutscene

this installer only installs 4 files to the System32 (WinXP, Win7 x86 32bit system) and on a X64 system it should install them to the SysWOW64 folder

C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64

I've used them before in the UCPv1.1 and they are perfectly safe and fine

The files are

MSAud32.acm
MPG4ds32.ax
MSAdds32.ax
MPG4c32.dll

Would anyone with either of the above mentioned Operating systems be willing to install them and see it they are in either you system32 or SysWOW64 folder and of course see if the cutscene will play please :)

You can delete them if you wish afterwards quiet safely from the above mentioned folders

I would be very grateful if a few people could do this and report back if the cutscene plays or not Please

[EDIT] Link removed
- John Lydgate

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Fri May 04, 2012 2:37 am

DS, I'll test on XP-32 bit again. Do you need me to manually delete those 4 existing MPEG files or just overwrite them with this mpeg.exe ? Also, should we uninstall the K-Lite Mega codec pack first before doing anything ?

Oh, the UCP2.0 on your website might be slightly different then the version you sent me last week, if that makes any difference? Wondering... if it might be better to install codecs first before UCP2.0 is installed.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri May 04, 2012 9:03 am

Hi Bman,

Yeah if you could delete the existing files first, and uninstall k-lite, install the mpeg test and see if the cutscene works again

Oh you might recieve warning about unsigned file if running on Win XP but just click ok to install them

and thanks

T
- John Lydgate

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Fri May 04, 2012 3:39 pm

Okay, i've got the intro working. (Win7 Pro. 64 Bit)
I had to set the XWA.exe to compatibility mode -> 256 colors and 640x480 Pixel.
The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack had to be installed. (not the 64 Bit even if you have Win 7 64 Bit )
The 4 new files are not necessary.
The RunFirst shortcuts don't work with the compatibility mode, i had to use the one that DS showed on the first page.
(C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 01 "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance\XwingAlliance.exe")
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri May 04, 2012 5:24 pm

I don't know why you have to have it in compatibility mode, I too have win 7 pro x64 never had a problem running xwa, weird

I uninstalled K-Lite, installed the Microsoft MPEG v4 codec with my test and everything works, plus I use the runfirst shortcut with no problems

I just want to bypass people installing the K-Lite codec pack if they don't feel it is necessary.

Just goes to show each system its different

One question though, did you install the test without having K-Lite installed and did the cutscene play or not?

The codecs I'm using where in the TFTCv1.1, did you ever install that and have a problem viewing the cutscenes?
- John Lydgate

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Fri May 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Darksaber wrote:I don't know why you have to have it in compatibility mode, I too have win 7 pro x64 never had a problem running xwa, weird
I have a custon Windows theme installed, therefore a lot of the system files are modified. Maybe that makes the differens. :?
One question though, did you install the test without having K-Lite installed and did the cutscene play or not?
Just tested this config. Worked well. :thumbs: (Still need the compatibility mode)
The codecs I'm using where in the TFTCv1.1, did you ever install that and have a problem viewing the cutscenes?
Yes i had it installed. No problems with the cutscenes.
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Fri May 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Yah, in my experience on my brother's computer with win 7 (64 bit) and my own XP 32 bit, compatibility mode is not needed. To turn it on would simply make all cutsceens and movie animations play very slowly.

Also this codec thing sounds really weird. I have never needed to install a codec package to get cutscenes working. I guess I always have had the appropriate software already installed previously. :?

Anyway, sounds really neat DS. can't wait till you work out the quirks :)

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri May 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Would anyone be willing to try the above test for me, I see a lot of people coming and going but so far only a couple of people have tested it for me

Plus Bman is going to test on a wind xp machine

The more people help the faster I can release the UCP again.

Thanks
- John Lydgate

VPR
Cadet 1st Class

Post by VPR » Fri May 04, 2012 9:08 pm

I have Windows 7 64-bit if you need more testers? Just I'm not able to download it with the link removed from your site.

romnus
Recruit

Post by romnus » Fri May 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Cutscene worked fine on my Windows 7 64-bit, all i have downloaded previously was an x-video codec to get the TFTC cutscenes to work. Does that help? :)

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri May 04, 2012 9:49 pm

romnus did the cutscene play before you installed the test though

And Thanks :)

I only ask as what I really need are people with the UCPv2.0 installed but the cutscenes don't play, to try the test for me

And thanks VPR, but it wouldn't be fair on you if I uploaded it only to have to download it again after I fix it, it's nearly 400mb I know these days it doesn't seem that big but I'd like to get it right before I upload it again. I just wish those people that have downloaded it already would use the test for me.
- John Lydgate

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

DS, i have a question about the Wave files.
Do you recheck all the files on your own, or shall we point you to wrong or buggy sounds?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri May 04, 2012 10:28 pm

No I haven't checked all the wave files, someone else did that, why what's wrong with them?

Oh I have replaced some of the files since I released the version of the UCPv2.0 you have

You are talking about the wave files in the
SFX
Fe_High_Res
Fe_Low_Res folders right??

I only ask as all the other wave files are transferred directly from the XWA Discs
- John Lydgate

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Sat May 05, 2012 12:56 am

heh I kinda wish I had downloaded it before you took it down so i could help test.

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 am

Darksaber wrote:You are talking about the wave files in the SFX
Fe_High_Res
Fe_Low_Res folders right??
Yes, i mean those.

I noticed that the engine sounds, that you hear in the cockpit, even if they are not different, are louder than in the UCP v1.1.
Is that on purpose?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat May 05, 2012 4:48 am

I can't say I have noticed but if the engine sounds are loader, you can turn down the engine sound volume in your sound options
- John Lydgate

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Sat May 05, 2012 5:06 am

I know, just wanted to know whether this is an feature or an bug. :^^:

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat May 05, 2012 6:59 am

No it's not a bug, but some of the wave files are newer than those in the UCPv1.1 and I think some may have had the volume increased a bit more :)
- John Lydgate

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat May 05, 2012 7:27 am

You can test it if you wish, you don't need the UCPv2.0 installed, I've made an alteration to the test mpeg.exe file

[Edit]
InstallFirst
Had a thought, how would you know if it doesn't work, so I've come up with another installer that anyone could install, all it installs is the Logofinal.avi and renames the TGSmush.dll to TGSmushOrig.dll and installs the Altered TGSmush.dll

Run this first [EDIT] Link removed if the cutscene doesn't work then install the mpeg.exe below, but it if the cutscene plays you already have some codecs on your machine and there is no point installing the mpeg.exe

This is just in case it give you a false positive

Mpeg test
it will now
Install the codecs
Install the FinalLogo.avi to the movies folder
Check to see if the TGSmushOrig.dll exists (just in case you have the UCPv2.0 installed) if TGSmushOrig.dll does exist it will skip (A. and B.), of course if you don't have the UCPv2.0 installed it will
A). Rename the TGSmush.dll to TGSmushOrig.dll
B). And install the Altered TGSmush.dll

Ok you can download the file here [EDIT] Link removed

All I need to know is what operating system you have and if the first cutscene plays when you start XWA

After you have tested it to see if and the cutscene plays, if you want everything back to normal, just go to the Movies Folder and delete the FinalLogo.avi then go to the main XWA folder delete the TGSmush.dll and rename the TGSmushOrig.dll to TGSmush.dll and everything will be back to normal
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat May 05, 2012 11:31 am

Hello,

My OS is:
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro
Service Pack 1
32 bits Operating System
  • InstallFirst test
    I've installed installfirst.
    I've run xwingalliance.
    The cutscene does'nt play.
  • Mpeg test
    I've installed mpeg.
    I've run xwingalliance.
    The cutscene plays.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat May 05, 2012 11:34 am

thank you so much, that is brilliant
- John Lydgate

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Sat May 05, 2012 2:46 pm

It played correctly first try on my Windows 7 64bit so I must have had the right Codecs already.