Tie Fighter Dreadnaught

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Tie Fighter Dreadnaught

Knightsaber
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Knightsaber » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:01 pm

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~john22/xvtdrmax.jpg

Anyone remember the dreadnaught from TIE Fighter?

I was always confused by this thing, it looks way more like a Corellian Corvette than it does a dreadnaught, especially nothing like the one seen in everything else of Star Wars.

Any idea on why it ended up looking like this? Has this Corvette-like design been seen anywhere else? Would it be possible to recreate this ship as a download? Personally I would not classify it as a dreadnaught.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:45 pm

I Remember the Ship is Called Invincible Class Dreadnought.

I Have saw this Ship in X Wing Alliance Vs Tie Fighter. Very bad, that we Have no Modell for XWA of This Ship

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:01 pm

Actually, it's supposed to be a Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser, but like with the MC80 and Carrack Cruisers, TG took some... creative freedoms in the early games.

It was only in XWA when they adopted models that looked like they were supposed to.

Knightsaber
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Knightsaber » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:05 am

To me I just prefer to think it's some advanced corvette class to separate it from the dreadnaught we know to be the accurate one. Shame that TIE Fighter and Balance of Power are the only source material to contain this version of it.

Actually I'd say the Carrack looked better in TIE Fighter than it does in just about all other material. That bridge just looks ridiculous.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:19 am

Newer seen the Carrack in Tie Fighter. Did you have a Picture.

I Hope anyone can create a Opt of the Old Dreadnought Design.

Knightsaber
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Knightsaber » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:26 am

http://wiki.rebelsquadrons.org/images/a ... ruiser.jpg

Sorry for the size of this image, there are almost no in-game screenshots of the Carrack in TIE's original release.

The one in TIE Fighter/Alliance looks much shorter compared to the usual version and has a much smaller bridge that makes more sense for a ship that's this big.

Oh yeah, I would love to see TIE's dreadnaught-class modded someday. As I said, it makes more sense to view the two dreadnaughts as two completely different starships.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:36 am

Carrack Cruiser and Dreadnaught from TIE Fighter
TFCarrack.jpg
TFDredd.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:28 pm

That's them.

The Carrack is way too bulky. Compare it to the XWAU version, where it is much more sleek. As for the Dreadnaught, I have no idea what they were doing with that one. It just has little to no resemblance to the real thing.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:54 pm

Avarice1987 wrote:I Remember the Ship is Called Invincible Class Dreadnought.

I Have saw this Ship in X Wing Alliance Vs Tie Fighter. Very bad, that we Have no Modell for XWA of This Ship
The Invincible-class Dreadnaught Heavy Cruiser is a ship more than 2 km long. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Invincib ... vy_Cruiser
It's in "Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook".
The Invincible-class Dreadnaught is manufactured by the Rendili StarDrive, just like the standard Dreadnaught.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.