New XvT/XWA Mod - X-Wing Movie Canon Project

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

New XvT/XWA Mod - X-Wing Movie Canon Project

MGLT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MGLT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:21 am

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this, it's not WIP so I didn't feel editing was the right place.

I've made a mod for XvT and XWA that changes ship stats to match what ILM intended for them to have, and as they appear on-screen, in the interest of immersion. I've researched everything I could including interviews with staff and studied footage and reference charts to inform this, but I've also kept some slight differences between craft gauged roughly analogous in visual effect production, which you can read about in the notes. It's a very easy install for both games, anyone who knows how editing works in these games knows how simple these mods are, but installation itself is as simple as backing up and replacing one or two files.

I may update this mod if there's any specific feedback people have for it. I would like to expand the mod to cover other changes to make the games more immersive, like higher res models, updated effects or something like a reshade preset designed to match the look of the original trilogy space scenes. If anyone wants to help shoot me a message.

It's still awaiting authorisation, so if you want to grab a copy before then also shoot me a message with your email address, the file is tiny.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/x-wing-movie-canon-project
XYZgjjD.jpg
Y.png
tie.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MGLT on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:18 am

Replacing or altering the Shiplist.txt in XWA does not alter the speeds or any stats of the craft

!SPECIES_1!X-Wing,Fighter,Flyable,Known,Skirmish, 6 ,9 ,13 ,20 ,4 ,13 ,32 ,43 these figures DO NOT represent the craft stats

The Craft Stats, Speed, Acceleration, Roll, Pitch and so on are all stored in the XwingAlliance.exe the same as the Z_XVT__.EXE

You need to release a patch that just change the stats of the individual craft and not the complete exe
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

MGLT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MGLT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Thanks, that's now been fixed. Download and instructions now include the fixed Alliance.exe. Replacing the exe worked for me when I tried a clean install and applying the mod, this should now work with XWA.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:12 pm

According to you page there are no files to download!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

MGLT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MGLT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 pm

They're just awaiting authorisation, send me a message with your email if you want a copy now.
Last edited by MGLT on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:49 pm

you know you can upload it here

red button under the "post a reply" box

"Upload Attachment"
- John Lydgate

MGLT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MGLT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:54 pm

It's a small zip file but it's over the size limit unfortunately.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:07 pm

That's really going to work!

The Alliance.exe is the Game Launcher

Seems to me you know very little about this game!
- John Lydgate

MGLT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MGLT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:12 pm

It's worked for me when I've dropped it into a clean install. Have you tried it?

Edit: I just had the xwingalliance and alliance files mixed up. It's now fixed. It's also worked for XvT the whole time, so give me some credit!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:37 pm

Better than credit, a medal :D

- John Lydgate

MGLT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MGLT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:46 pm

:alien2:

If anyone tries it let me know how you get on, the only big change it's had for me are B-Wing missions and YT-2000 missions but I've not failed anything because of it yet, it's just more of a challenge.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Hello,
Instead of including the whole exe, you can create a patch that contains only the differences.
You can do that with ZtCreator:
Navigate to https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... 94FB%21116 and download ZtCreatorPatcher-1.0.8.zip

MGLT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MGLT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:47 pm

JeremyaFr wrote:Hello,
Instead of including the whole exe, you can create a patch that contains only the differences.
You can do that with ZtCreator:
Navigate to https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... 94FB%21116 and download ZtCreatorPatcher-1.0.8.zip
Thanks, I'll do that for the next release.

MGLT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MGLT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:24 pm

How would I go about making this compatible with XWAUP? I've been updating the textures on some XWAUP cockpits so would like for the two to be compatible.

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Install the full XWAU first, then make your stat changes, and make your patch off of that.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:11 pm

holycraplions wrote:I've been updating the textures on some XWAUP cockpits
And which craft cockpits exactly have you been updating the textures and why?

You do realise, if you intend releasing these cockpits with these so called updated textures that it would be polite to first ask permission from the original author or authors?
- John Lydgate

MGLT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MGLT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Darksaber wrote:
holycraplions wrote:I've been updating the textures on some XWAUP cockpits
And which craft cockpits exactly have you been updating the textures and why?

You do realise, if you intend releasing these cockpits with these so called updated textures that it would be polite to first ask permission from the original author or authors?
I have no plans to release them myself. If I was to put them for release I'd just give them to you. They're just some repaints to make the interiors look a bit more realistic/to my taste. They're nothing revolutionary, I messaged you earlier about them. If you want what I do with them you're welcome to it :).

Some WIP for the Y-Wing, totally unfinished but wouldn't be possible without the original textures, so don't think I'm shitting on anyone's work!
example.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MGLT on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MGLT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MGLT » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:15 pm

File has been updated to have Balance of Power support. Next version will be a patch rather than exe replacement and I hope to get XWAUP support for that too. Thanks for the support everybody!