New visuals - HUD - explosions - hyperspace - beta

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

New visuals - HUD - explosions - hyperspace - beta

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi, considering that several people from the forum liked the new HUD I made, I decided to share with you additional things.
Hud v1.2
Animations
explosions

link for the files - Expired

Thank you for the inspiration and a lot of work that each of the developers of the game additions put in the development of the XWAUP project.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:01 am

Now, it make me wonder if with a hook it would be possible to switch between a rebel or an imperial background for the MFD
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:48 am

Your using Reshade with these effects right? Please post pictures of the effects without reshade, as not everyone has reshade installed, it's giving a false impression of what the effects actually look like.

Also looking at your hyperspace effect, there are loads of black spot on the images, is this intentional?

Also what program are you using to import your images and create your dat files?

Jeremy's XWADatEditor
Pal Patrick's Datech 0.72b
Isidur's XWA Dat Customizer 1.0

You should be using Jeremy's XWADatEditor as it allows you to import transparent PNG files

You can download all of Jeremy's lastest versions of the tool from here XwaToolsDownloader

I only ask as most of your images for the effects have a lot of black edging artifacts which shows up in game, which only shows up if your importing BMP files, if your files are true PNG files you shouldn't see any black artifact around the images as they have the alpha channel, unless your using images that have the black background of course.

I can only show you what I'm seeing by posting a jpeg file as the forum doesn't allow PNG file to be posted
3100-6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Darksabre thank you for helping me. I use old datcustomizer and with the jeremy tools is much easier :-)
I will fix all files now and then upload again.
With this magic tools everything looks much better even without reshade. :-) one more thank you.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Glad to be of help :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Thanks to Darksabre help and Jeremy tools I could improve my work :-).
I am giving you a new version of the small additions to our great game.
fixed and new addition:
1. Hyperspace animation
2. Hud display panels
3. explosions (looks much better with reshade)
4. sparks
5. Shield hit effect
and few more little things.

link (valid till 27.06.2019) - Expired

https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/6/ ... 4-full.jpg

enjoy.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 pm

I like the effects, especially the HUD change.
Image Image Image Image Image

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:49 am

great job the hyperspace is really good

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:46 pm

Thank you.
working on the better explosions effect.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:29 pm

@Blazingfirestorm you've hijacked this thread please in future if you have a problem please create your own thread in the appropriate forum

Your problem I've split from this thread and moved to Editing under Adding Spyders X-wing with MXvTED
- John Lydgate

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:48 pm

I was just wondering.... oh nice job by the way... but the HUD displays are a little too solid.. not like the original HUD's ( which is transparent) is there a way to resolve this? Don't get me wrong... the design (much more improvement) I was just wondering..... :irre:

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:15 pm

Rogue518 your request is done :-).
New additions to our game
Changes and fixes.
Explosion effects
Hud displays
Shield effect
few sparks

without the consent of the author (Darksaber sorry for that) I changed some textures in the moncalamari hangar (hangar in training missions) and the texture on the monitor screen in the hangar (I was very annoyed by the old version).
I wish you a lot of fun.

link for the files - removed on request
Last edited by korekwerner on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:11 pm

korekwerner wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:15 pm
without the consent of the author (Darksabre sorry for that) I changed some textures in the moncalamari hangar (hangar in training missions) and the texture on the monitor screen in the hangar (I was very annoyed by the old version).

Why do care, people just take and do whatever they want these days!

Do whatever you want, I don't really give a flying f*** anymore

And please if your going to ripoff my work as to you it's not good enough, please get the nickname right, It's Darksaber not Darksabre

Thankyou
- John Lydgate

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:23 pm

Darksaber wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:11 pm
korekwerner wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:15 pm
without the consent of the author (Darksabre sorry for that) I changed some textures in the moncalamari hangar (hangar in training missions) and the texture on the monitor screen in the hangar (I was very annoyed by the old version).

Why do care, people just take and do whatever they want these days!

Do whatever you want, I don't really give a flying f*** anymore

And please if your going to ripoff my work as to you it's not good enough, please get the nickname right, It's Darksaber not Darksabre

Thankyou
I understand what you mean, but I hope you've noticed that I do not attribute myself to merit.
Thank you.

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:13 pm

Korewerner…. much appreciated.... :) that did the trick!!!! Thanks

Edit: Korewerner… Awesome job on the explosions!!!! :D
Sincerely, Rogue518
Last edited by rogue518 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:20 pm

Still Korek, it's assholeish to do that without asking permission, myself as a modder (I mostly specialize in engines for American Truck Simulator), I would be really pissed off if someone did something like that without asking my first....next time ask before modifying someone else work, even if you give attribution
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:13 am

Yeah, I would pull that hangar file out of courtesy for DS you should have talked to him first about releasing anything to the public, though I do applaud you for crediting him, you got it half right and I understand where you are likely coming from. Personal use is one thing, modify away, but general release is entirely different in scope.

If you were not aware we recently had an incident where somebody used DS' assets and then decided to go and get all proprietary about their modifications in relation to sound advice given regarding improvements and it (understandably in DS' case) blew up into this big unfortunate affair and soured the waters regarding asset sharing. That wasn't cool, and I personally don't want a repeat of that. Especially since you have a lot to offer at this point regarding UI and .dat modification, and that's not really in my skillset so I'd like to see more people developing and contributing to the XWA community, I don't want to see another issue because of either misunderstanding, or flat out douchery, that would cause such talents to go elsewhere. (Not accusing you of latter)

Speaking from experience, I had a project I was working on last year that I would have loved to see come to fruition and publicly released using DS's work, but he preferred I didn't for his own reasoning. And that's just fine as I'm not a fan of stepping on people's toes, especially ones I respect. It's his work, he should have a say what happens to it.

The XWAU contributors tend to share work with each other and give a helping hand where they can and where it's mutually wanted, but that doesn't necessarily extend to the whole community carte blanche, and we don't just yoink eachother's stuff without at least mentioning our desire to modify or borrow assets. It's simply polite. (Unless open use policy is in effect in my case)

Alienating one of the few guys around here who not only knows his shit about opting in general, but is a valued member of the team, is not exactly good for the greater XWA community in the long run; I don't see people stepping up to learn things and contribute beyond a few people, and would like to see that change and increase in number, but not at the expense of community relations between members.

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:44 am

Gentlemen, thank you for the instructive lesson.
I can only add that throughout my life (I'm a little younger than Darksaber) I do things for people.
I clearly divide what is my hobby and what is work. If the hobby turns into work, this is the most beautiful thing in everyone's life.
Life has taught me that the theft of ideas, objects, resources is almost on the agenda. Personally, I'm robbed every day.
Currently, the theft of the idea is called "inspiration". Knowledge comes from wikipedia, not from books. Young people gain experience from YouTube. Ethics in the lives of many people no longer exists. Everyone has different experiences in this matter.
Returning to nicer things.
The time that I devoted to the preparation and testing of new graphics, explosions, HUD and opt textures, I consider to be nice and not lost.
I never attributed Darksaber work as mine. I honestly wrote that I did it without the consent of the creator of OPT. I left two unchanged textures and original Darksaber information inside the file.

What I have done is for you and not for me, that's why I share it.

thank you.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:33 am

Yet you still don't bother to apologise or even try to make any half hearted attempt to ask for permission (no point now), and the files are still available, after it's recommended to you by others that you remove them.

Oh thanks for leaving 2 original textures, truly inspirational!

Also kockweiner (yes I can also play that game too) you didn't think I would notice the name change
korekwerner wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:44 am
I never attributed Darksherr's work as mine.
which has since been changed!
- John Lydgate

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:54 am

Darksaber wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:33 am
Yet you still don't bother to apologise or even try to make any half hearted attempt to ask for permission (no point now), and the files are still available, after it's recommended to you by others that you remove them.

Oh thanks for leaving 2 original textures, truly inspirational!

Also kockweiner (yes I can also play that game too) you didn't think I would notice the name change
korekwerner wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:44 am
I never attributed Darksherr's work as mine.
which has since been changed!
I see you love playing with people.
My typos do not result from a conscious mistake, and as you have certainly noticed the error in your nickname has been corrected in 30 seconds since the publication of the post.

I've been watching this site since 1999 and I'm amazed at how Darksaber has evolved. You are a mine of knowledge and an extraordinary artist. Thank you that you are.

the link has been removed to your request

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:39 am

And yet again still no apology :?

Removed NOT at my request, I didn't ask you to take the files down, that was others that suggested that you removed the hangar.opt from the files, If I wanted the files gone I could have simply deleted the links from your post, and if I wanted to remove you I could simply delete your profile and block your IP! :D

Since I haven't done any of that, and I do see potential in your work, why not put your skills to better use and create your own models instead of plagiarising others, if you didn't like the way I made the hangar, you could create your own model and texture it as you would like to see it, we have all the tools to do that as you have evidently found out. :D
korekwerner wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:54 am
I've been watching this site since 1999 and I'm amazed at how Darksaber has evolved. You are a mine of knowledge and an extraordinary artist. Thank you that you are.
I'll take that as an insult, and yes I know I'm an arsehole, you really need to take a good look at yourself in a mirror, there will always be something you don't like to see! :irre:

Oh and if I'm such and extraordinary artist, again why do you think was it necessary to replace my textures on the hangar?

Another thing if you have been watching this site since 1999, you would know exactly what my reaction would be to you posting something without asking first so why post it, why change it?

grindgears.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- John Lydgate

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Wow! It seems summer is hotter than it looks! Sorry for the intrusion, but I take a break from my beach vacation to say just a couple of words.

@korekwerner: You did an extraordinary job with these new effects. For now I can only judge by the images I see in the forum. I can't wait to try them in the game, as soon as I get home! I believe that this community needs talents like yours, for a continuous evolution of the game and to always introduce new ideas. Well done!

About your little discussion with Darksaber: I remember that I also started my career in this community, "borrowing" some Darksaber textures without asking permission. I was young and above all I had many problems with the English language. I also remember that after I apologized for that incident, Darksaber and I collaborated on many projects together, and I am very grateful for Darksaber's help, which I can always count on. Darksaber and I have been collaborating for many years now, but even today if I had to use something from Darksaber for my project, I always ask permission. Not because I'm afraid of not getting his permission. It's just a matter of courtesy between authors. I don't work at XWAUP because we're paid to do it. We do it for our own fun, giving so much time to this community. Players may like our work or maybe not, but the only thing we ask for is a little respect for our works.
On the internet I've seen some conversions of my Rand Ecliptic or my Tycon Station getting really bad. Sometimes these conversions kept DTM as an author, other times those who made the conversion nominated themselves as an author without reporting the DTM name. I don't know what's worse: being ignored, or being the author of a badly done conversion ...? Ok, in your case the product is of high quality, but mine is just an example to explain what respect for an author is.

@Darksaber: you live in the UK and master the English language very well. Always remember that many of those who write in this forum use a translator, or are not good at capturing some nuances of language. I'm sure korekwerner has never wanted to disrespect anyone and feel a sincere admiration for your work. Translators work well, but often tend to cripple certain names and words. Sometimes translators work very badly and tend to give some sentences the wrong tone. It is difficult for a machine to translate sarcasm!

WARNING: for this post I used Google translator :roll:

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Suddenly I feel very self conscious about literally all the artwork I've been modifying. Imperial Concourse, Skipray and Esc. Shuttle Skins.

If its any consolation, doing all that dramatically increased my understanding and skill level with this stuff. And in most cases digging thru a lot of the Imperial concourse artwork changes has really made me appreciate the nuances and details I had missed before actually taking "paint to canvas."

I am going to get better about 1. getting projects to a finished state before release and 2. Ensuring I have permission/blessing before I release anything and 3. Changlelogs and version numbers.

@Korekerner
Darksaber's engine runs real hot, but he's got some talent. He's blunt with his criticism but that doesn't make his praise any harder to come by when you earn it. He's helpful when you reach out for assistance and tends to impart what he knows without a fight, but often times you have to demonstrate some basic knowledge and willingness to stick around and continue to contribute. I imagine between investing time in people who come and go, and watching his own and others XWAUpgrade related art escape the confines of our little environment, I'd be a little short as well. Cheers.

@Darksaber
You're not wrong. Just try and be a little more diplomatic. It's difficult reading these exchanges when no one is willing to pump the breaks. Not to mention, like DTM said, with a little diplomacy you could potentially have a future talented artist to collaborate with who just needs to better understand how things work and whats generally accepted as appropriate. Hell, I'm guilty even if no one made a big deal from it. Cheers.
Image Image Image Image Image

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:51 pm

@Darksaber Thank you, because without you there would be no XWAU project. There would be no this page, this forum. It is thanks to you that this website works, people who have known each other for many years. Of course you are not alone, but the main burden is on you.

The question is, is the project designed for those who create it or for outsiders? You want talented artists, judge their work, not documentation.

Creating a new script using a piece of code from someone else is not theft or plagiarism. especially in conditions where everyone works so that others have an advantage and not the creator of the new code. If I wanted to make a new hangar, I would do it. Just what for? Compare with someone, show who is better, who has better skills ... life is to short for all of this.

You can use my work but only to the extent that I let you, otherwise I will be angry. if you want to change, do it but do not show it to anyone. ask me if you can change and devote a few hours from your life just to do something that is totally unnecessary to anyone, but let me see if you can do it.
Texture on the monitor screen (opt) in the hangar was very annoyed to me not textures in the hangar.

I removed the link because of your post, not the regret of others. You own these resources and only you can apply for their removal.

A mirror is an important tool in our life.

To apologize to someone I have to hurt him. As Darksaber wrote “Do whatever you want, I don't really give a flying f*** anymore”.
Despite the fact that I wrote in my post “I'm sorry to Darksaber”.
Should I apologize again, because the word sorry in English must be pronounced repeatedly?
Or maybe no one noticed the word sorry and all the turmoil is just to make the viewers of this topic? Insane.

When I correct the elements that I have prepared, I will make them available again. If you really like what I have done I’m really happy. if not, do not use it or change it for yourself.

@DTM you're right, I'm using a translator.

I want to make X-Wing Alliance to looks more like movie. We never make better models than Lucasfilm that’s for sure (game engine problems).
But with Jeremy tools Darksaber heart, DTM and other passion this is possible.

sorry for my English.
Thank you.

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi,
as I wrote earlier, I will come back when I do something new.
Models for training missions, hud and effects. I hope you like them.
Everything in the beta phase.

https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/7/ ... 4-full.jpg
https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/7/ ... 6-full.jpg

download link - https://we.tl/t-PiU4CZXknQa (valid till 13th july 2019)

Have fun.