RZ-2 A-Wing Interceptor: update with Dynamic Cockpit

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: RZ-2 A-Wing Interceptor: update with Dynamic Cockpit

Michal
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Michal » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Great upgrade. Thank you.
My current project X-Wing Game Series Twitter
My old project X-Wing Series Site, still online

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:59 pm

Wow, that looks real cool.

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:22 pm

The RZ-2 A-Wing has a new installer now! :D

RZ-2Awing_19-02-20.exe

Please, use this topic to give your feedback about the new installer, because it's a prototype.
Is it intuitive enough and easy to use? Can it meet the needs of each player? How can it be improved?
Many thanks to JeremyaFr, who is developing this new installer type!!!

BenKenobi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by BenKenobi » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm

DTM wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:22 pm
The RZ-2 A-Wing has a new installer now! :D

Please, use this topic to give your feedback about the new installer, because it's a prototype.
Is it intuitive enough and easy to use? Can it meet the needs of each player? How can it be improved?
Many thanks to JeremyaFr, who is developing this new installer type!!!
Hello DTM,

May I suggest to minimise the use of abbreviations? I'm quite new here, already read a lot of posts though, and I'm a bit confused by all abbreviations used. By now I know there is (or will be) an Active Cockpit and a Dynamic Cockpit, but it's not all clear to me yet.

On the Select Components screen there is an option RZ-2 A-Wing with Dinamic Cockpit (Mind the type error in Dynamic) and under HUD Options there is a remark (The AC Cockpit must be activated seperatly) I suggest changing that to (The Active Cockpit must be activated separately) and maybe give a short explanation would be very welcome.

For the hardcore XWA Upgrade all these terms and what they mean are well known, but for newcomers it's a bit confusing.

For the rest the installer was clear and worked like a charm, just did a little Skirmish mission in the RZ-2 A-Wing and I love it!

I'd also like to take the opportunity to use my first post here to thank everybody for the briljant work they have done! :2thumbs:

St@rkiller
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by St@rkiller » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:54 am

Maybe an option to replace the default A-Wing?
🙂

DTM

Post by DTM » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:43 am

Thank you for your comments!
The installer has been updated. Please, download it again ;)

(sorry, no option to replace the A-Wing)
Enjoy :D

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:23 pm

St@rkiller, I agree with DTM. The RZ-1 is the default model because it represents the timeline of XWA in general. That will/has probably been updated too with DC project. You can use the Objects hook to replace the RZ-1 with RZ-2 or whatever A-wing variant keeping the same slot stats. Great flexibility there, you can take advantage of it.
Last edited by Bman on Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:04 am

I'm a bit late, but just wanted to drop by and say the installer worked flawlessly. Also, the cockpit is just gorgeous.

DTM

Post by DTM » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:12 am

The RZ-2 has been updated to fix some bugs in the Dynamic Cockpit.
You may download the new version (ver2.1 - 26.04.20) at MTD Industries site and here

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:49 am

DTM wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:12 am
The RZ-2 has been updated to fix some bugs in the Dynamic Cockpit.
You may download the new version (ver2.1 - 26.04.20) at MTD Industries site and here
That kooks cool. I downloaded it a while back but not had a chance to fly it yet. Looks nicer than the original.
I like the cockpit look.

Newbie question about ships. It used to be you could use a SHP file to import craft into whichever slot you wanted. I assume you can't do it now?
So what do you do if you want to adjust which custom ships go where? Do I need to install and then use Mxvted to adjust manually?

I think ultimately I need some of these new movie ships in my game. Keep it up :)
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

DTM

Post by DTM » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:17 pm

With this installer, you have a menu with two options:
1. Install the RZ-2 A-wing in slot number 46 (replacing the Mole Miner). If you choose this option, the RZ-2 will be installed automatically with all dat files and the regenegenerating the spec.rci file. You don't need to do others than use the installer.
2. The installer creates a folder with the .shp file and dat files, to be used for a manually installation. If you know what are you doing, you may install manually this craft in your preferred slot.
Get a look at the readme file.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:54 pm

DTM wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:17 pm
With this installer, you have a menu with two options:
1. Install the RZ-2 A-wing in slot number 46 (replacing the Mole Miner). If you choose this option, the RZ-2 will be installed automatically with all dat files and the regenegenerating the spec.rci file. You don't need to do others than use the installer.
2. The installer creates a folder with the .shp file and dat files, to be used for a manually installation. If you know what are you doing, you may install manually this craft in your preferred slot.
Get a look at the readme file.
That's great stuff :) Sorry when I posted earlier I was away from my PC so I couldn't take a look.
Thanks for adding "no hud" options to the installers too.
When I get a custom layout of missions and ships in my game then many of them will be from you. Keep up the great creating you do :)
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Mako
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:07 am

This is freaking awesome.
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:19 pm

Turgidson wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:10 pm
Thanks a lot for this wonderful work!

Newbie questions: I've updated the skirmish picture into ShipStuffUCP5.dat (I used the TIE Reaper's slot in DSCUP), and the hull picture into Hull_Icons_UCP.dat. Also edited a map picture (after reducing the size of the hull picture) to Map_Icons_UCP.dat. Anything else I'm missing?

Also: I had to look for the pictures of the previous item inside the DAT files. Is there a simpler method to know what's where? The "Species No" in Mxvted gives the index number for the skirmish picture, but for the hull picture and map picture I don't know at all where the corresponding index can be found...
I'm trying to do the same. Replaced The Jedi Starfighter with this,

DTM awesome job. Loved the dynamic cockpit and the fighter design.
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

CMDR/LC Alejandro Araujo/Alpha/Wing I/ISDII Hammer/BGI

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:11 am

While it looks fantastically modeled, I cant quite place it. It looks like the megablocks equivalent of the classic A-wing. Must be one of them there Sequel Trilogy abominations.

For real though, it looks slick as heck.
Image Image Image Image Image

theonegalen
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by theonegalen » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:55 am

It looks a lot like McQuarrie's original A-Wing concept art, which I think was retconned to be the R-22 Spearhead in Legends continuity?

Very nice ship.

KCDodger
Cadet 4th Class

Post by KCDodger » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:44 pm

Easily my favorite non XWAU ship mod for XWA. It's so amazingly thoroughly made. Y'all should try duking it out with a Super Ace AI flying the same fighter. It's a Hel of a fight.

I'd love to see the T-70 or even T-85 brought up to these standards tbh.
"Nothing worth it is ever easy."
My pronouns are She/Her, thank you.

Jorrel
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Jorrel » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:19 am

Really hate to bump such an old topic, but I'm having problems getting this installed.

I've taken a clean install, installed the latest XWAU (XWAU 2020 Mega Patch) off of a fresh download, then installed the XWAU 2020 Update Version 5.0 (also a fresh download), and have confirmed this works flawlessly, dynamic cockpits work, etc.

When I install the RZ-2, I follow the installer and allow it to install where it wants (I do turn the HUD off, though, since I'm using the dynamic cockpits), and it says it installs correctly, and I can see the ship in the Skirmish list. However, upon booting, entering an map with or without the RZ-2 shows a totally white screen with the flight text. The Craft Library on the Concourse also does not show any ship model (though the entries are there), effectively wiping out the entire library.

I'm not sure if there's a bug between the installer launch and some of the latest patches, but I've tried to get it to work 3 or 4 times with zero success.

(Another note: deleting the files and restoring the backups created by the installer does not fix the problem)