Imperial Neb-B Design

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: Imperial Neb-B Design

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:31 am

Speaking of unfinished projects in a related thread...
ImpNebRender5.png
Also trying to make the hull armor around the spar destructible. So far there are 3 chunks cut out of the exterior hull that theoretically could be blown up as some kind of component. Could theoretically work, and since most AI ships target this central point then also theoretically they will damage these parts when the shields go down and will apply "battle damage" thusly. I may model internal quarters voided in the spar section.. I dunno... starting to get in over my level with this part. Going to need interior texturing on this section. Kind of second guessing myself here on the implementation of this.
ImpNebRender4.png

And yes,I realize it's not "EC"s hangar layout, but DTM's is sensible and I see no point in changing it.
ImpNebRender2.png
At this point the main armor plating is blocked in, with some very marginal detailing on the front and spar armor. Engine block needs done, as do all other details.

Not looking forward to texturing if I ever get that far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:26 pm

TBH, I'm not a fan at all. It reminds me of the canon version of the fully plated Y-wing, where there's almost nothing that would actually be supporting the hull plating, and simply adds a lot of wasted volume and mass.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:52 pm

Interesting, Fractalsponge has started work on his own interpretation of the Imp Nebulon-B. Interesting concept to have the middle section serve as giant TIE rack like the Gozanti ....
http://fractalsponge.net/?p=5448
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:12 pm

This one rings more true to me than the EC design, though I'm not sure about the scale, didn't everyone decide that it must be much larger relative to the fighters? Isn't that discussion what led to the multiple Ned B variants available now?

theonegalen
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by theonegalen » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:02 am

Driftwood wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:31 am
Speaking of unfinished projects in a related thread...
ImpNebRender5.png
Also trying to make the hull armor around the spar destructible. So far there are 3 chunks cut out of the exterior hull that theoretically could be blown up as some kind of component. Could theoretically work, and since most AI ships target this central point then also theoretically they will damage these parts when the shields go down and will apply "battle damage" thusly. I may model internal quarters voided in the spar section.. I dunno... starting to get in over my level with this part. Going to need interior texturing on this section. Kind of second guessing myself here on the implementation of this.ImpNebRender4.png

And yes,I realize it's not "EC"s hangar layout, but DTM's is sensible and I see no point in changing it.
ImpNebRender2.png

At this point the main armor plating is blocked in, with some very marginal detailing on the front and spar armor. Engine block needs done, as do all other details.

Not looking forward to texturing if I ever get that far.

*salivates*

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:45 pm

I love it
Image Image Image Image Image