A big thank you to all who keep this great game alive

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

A big thank you to all who keep this great game alive

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:46 pm

At this point, in the many years that I've been following the XWA modding, I wanted to say a big thank you to all modders, the X Wing Alliance, but also the X Wing Vs Tie Fighter modders, who upgraded the game with new models and also made it better, no matter if it is the insertion of new space backgrounds, or the complete HD update of existing models. It's just fun to see after years how you still breathe additional life into the game, the player base is still growing and makes the game a very nice experience after 21 years.

What would be such great game pearls, if not resourceful men and women, free of charge and in their spare time trying to make the game better, change things that bother them and give something to the community.

Be it DTM with its extra campaign around the Rand Ecliptic and the Rebels Craft pack.

Or General Trageton and Vince T with the update of the Executor, other ships like the Warhammer or the Predator class

A big thank you to Driftwood for his work.

Also all the others I forgot to mention JeremyaFr for his hooks, not to forget Bluemax for his shader effects'.
Not forget the Guy who Updated the Imperial Research Ship after many Years

I've been playing this great game for over 16 years now and I think I speak for everyone when I say a big thank you for what you've done with X Wing Alliance so far.

Also, thank you very much
Greetings

Markus aka Avarice1987

baggy101
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by baggy101 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:45 pm

I could not agree more! 20 odd years later and it’s still better than the latest official offering. Well done and thank-you!
I just wish I could take a more active role in some of the projects, but other than being really anal about craft descriptions, naming conventions and the Anaxes war college system I don’t really have any applicable skills.

Camerad
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Camerad » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:14 pm

Yeah, thank you all again for everything you have done. This is one of the best modding endeavors and a nice community.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i7-10700KF, 64GB 3200MHz DDR4, Geforce RTX 2080 Super 8GB

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:04 am

Thanks for your support. I agree that this is a very nice community. We certainly wouldn't have lasted that long if we hadn't had such favorable feedback as this. I can't wait to talk about the new mega patch. It contains so many new features. It will offer many topics to talk about and exchange views. It is ready, but there are so many things to test. We just have to be patient for a few days.

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi DTM,

Thank you for this info !!

Can you tell me only if will be include the square crosshair in this new patch ?

Geoffman72
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Geoffman72 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:01 pm

I signed up to make a similar post! Much as I love this game, I'm not sure I'd stick with it as much as I have if not for all the amazing work here. This and the future Tie Fighter conversion should be required playing for developing Squadrons 2.0 (if it happens!).