Is There A Wingman Command for Disable Target.

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Is There A Wingman Command for Disable Target.

Demis_Russos
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Demis_Russos » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:57 pm

I've read in one of the old strategy guides for the game, an instruction to get your wingman to disable your target, which I'm assuming involves holding Shift and then a letter (for example - Shift and 'A' corresponds to "Attack my target"). However I can't work out the corresponding key combination for "Disable my target" and, to be honest, in all the years I've been playing XWA, I've never come across a "Disable my target" command.

Does this actually exist?

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:50 pm

I’m pretty sure you have to use the wingman command menu for that. Press Tab to display it on the HUD.

See page 13 of this PDF manual.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Demis_Russos
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Demis_Russos » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:39 pm

DarHan wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:50 pm
I’m pretty sure you have to use the wingman command menu for that. Press Tab to display it on the HUD.

See page 13 of this PDF manual.
Ahhh! Of course! I'd totally forgotten about that sub menu. The command is there indeed! Thank you!

WildstarBlue9
Lieutenant Commander

Post by WildstarBlue9 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:43 am

If you're in a craft with ion cannons, so do your wingmen, and will disable your target with the "Attack my target" order as long as it's required as the mission objective. If another flight group has to do it, target the craft in that flight group and give them the "Go ahead" order.
Wildstar, Red 2 (XO) (Ret.)

Not the Wildstar that authored IMCGen.