XWC5.0+XvT rebel part is now available in my site

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: XWC5.0+XvT rebel part is now available in my site

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:25 pm

Creepin wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:50 pm
danrevella wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:19 pm
see your PM
Thanks a ton danrevella, you've just saved my weekend! :^^:

Actually, is there any reason why I should not reupload the mod to somewhere publicly accessible until waylon come around fixing his official download links? I mean this seems like a reasonable thing to do but I don't want to break any etiquette accepted here.
I have contacted waylon regarding this. Let's see what he wants.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

danrevella
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by danrevella » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:32 pm

Some tips for Waylon X-wing:
-Use vanilla install, then XWAU2020+Patch4.0 (patch 5.0 does NOT work!!!)
-Use ONLY the supplied pilots
-skip the ini sequence (it fails)
-All other is 100% operative (i have still not going into the Star Destroyer mission, so I don't know...)

Creepin
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Creepin » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:33 pm

Forceflow wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:25 pm
I have contacted waylon regarding this. Let's see what he wants.
Thanks a lot, this makes all the sense!
danrevella wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:32 pm
Some tips for Waylon X-wing:
-Use vanilla install, then XWAU2020+Patch4.0 (patch 5.0 does NOT work!!!)
-Use ONLY the supplied pilots
-skip the ini sequence (it fails)
-All other is 100% operative (i have still not going into the Star Destroyer mission, so I don't know...)
Thanks for the warning! I admit I applied XWAU2020 5.0 first thing and though I have read "Fixed compatibility issue for XWAUP 2020 Ver. 4.0" in waylon's description I figured no worries it should work with 5.0 all the same and apparently I was wrong in that :) Not sure what supplied pilots are for, but I vaguely remember they come with all the missions pre-unlocked which kind of sucks immersion-wise. Got to read more on that but at least I'll be forewarned.
My memory is fuzzy about Star Destroyer mission in the original X-Wing, but I remember hating trench run mission as the most boring one and somewhat bugged to boot, I wonder if it plays better now :roll:

Creepin
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Creepin » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:17 pm

Ok so I've got a CTD when trying to play XWC5.0 as soon as progress bar after briefing fills, just when I'm supposed to end up in an interceptor's cockpit. I've tried to pinpoint the source of the error and reinstalled everything checking the outcome after each step:
- installed clean GOG XWA version 2.02 - all's fine, mission starts
- installed XWAU 2020 - all's fine
- installed XWAU update 4 (not 5) - the same
- installed XWC5.0 and chose pilot XWC - got new (old) concourse, new briefing, but as soon as progress bar after briefing ends, bam, hello desktop!
So, am I the only one who can't launch XWC5.0? Any advise on what I did wrong?

danrevella
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by danrevella » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:40 am

did you make full or partial install? I only have experimented with full install.
Have you got any errors Messagebox? If yes, please post it

Creepin
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Creepin » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:54 pm

danrevella wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:40 am
did you make full or partial install? I only have experimented with full install.
Have you got any errors Messagebox? If yes, please post it
Firt of all, thank you for your help danrevella! :) I've made a full install too. As for error messagebox, it is generic, along the lines of "An issue has led to the termination of the software execution. Do close the software". The weird thing though is that it doesn't happen each time, sometimes I am able to successfully enter missions 3 times in a row, and sometimes I need to a good 10 attempts, one long wait and one reload to launch even one. I am honestly baffled at the possible reason for such behaviour: things either work or they don't, or at least that's what I expect :)

Also, since I am finally able to fly the missions, more or less, a couple of questions on those. Most important one is where are the Tours of Duty? Briefing leads me to "historical missions", Emkay is disabled, so where should I look? Another minor quality of life issue - the text in the central HUD (the one manual calls CMD) is too small, one has to really pay attention to read distances, shields & hulls. Is there any way to increase the font size other than to simply decrease overall resolution?

danrevella
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by danrevella » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:03 pm

hi there!!!
Are you on Win 11? Otherways what is you windows version... f.e. start-run-winver what tell you? May you send a screenshot of the messageBox of the error?
The random of the situation, let me know about of insufficient memory or insufficent hd space, have you verified?
Do you always skip the intro (this may be really important...)?
The text in the hud is so close at the video parameter you have set: my resolution f.e is 1920*1080, and the HUD and the text in my case is OK!!!.
If you start with the XW ( not the Xv) pilot, you may start the missions from beginning.
BTW, wanna try with my pilot "Pipota" i link to you?
https://we.tl/t-OmMqFv6aBA it includes also alternative version of ddraw and x-wingalliance.exe (backup your files before!!!!!!!!!!!)
Let me know the result....
Ciao ;-)

Creepin
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Creepin » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:26 pm

I'm not sure what exactly did the trick, perhaps that I fiddled with various aspect ratios and resolutions, but about the very moment when I've set up those native to my monitor crashes stopped and I've been able to play through all X-, Y- and A-wing historical missions which were followed by Tour of Duty I. Oh and I've also read in another thread about virtual HUD switched on by "D" key - I haven't played XWA for 7 years so I've outright forgot it was there and tried to work with readings build in cockpit. Virtual HUD font size is just fine with everything readable. I hope this ends my XWC-related issues and god am I enjoying the outcome! I've just played "Destroy Imperial Convoy" first in original X-Wing and then in XWC and yes, there are some improvements indeed! :-D Many thanks for the great mod Waylon and many thanks for your help danrevella! :god:

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:41 pm

Creepin wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:26 pm
I'm not sure what exactly did the trick, perhaps that I fiddled with various aspect ratios and resolutions, but about the very moment when I've set up those native to my monitor crashes stopped and I've been able to play through all X-, Y- and A-wing historical missions which were followed by Tour of Duty I. Oh and I've also read in another thread about virtual HUD switched on by "D" key - I haven't played XWA for 7 years so I've outright forgot it was there and tried to work with readings build in cockpit. Virtual HUD font size is just fine with everything readable. I hope this ends my XWC-related issues and god am I enjoying the outcome! I've just played "Destroy Imperial Convoy" first in original X-Wing and then in XWC and yes, there are some improvements indeed! :-D Many thanks for the great mod Waylon and many thanks for your help danrevella! :god:
I hope you have also tried out the new improved XWAU too? :D
There have been a lot of improvements that won't be covered in this older mod.
Hopefully in the future someone maybe able to make it more compatible, or a new version.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Creepin
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Creepin » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:47 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:41 pm
Well but of course, that's the whole point - to play XW and TF with the modern graphics! Not exactly the newest since XWC specifically asks for Update 4, but god this is fantastic! I'm sorry I haven't included XWAU in my list of thanks - it was implied, obviously, but truly, XWAU is the thing of beauty, and I was greatly impressed both with that it's still alive and with the great progress it made since I last played XWA in 2015 :2thumbs:

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:10 pm

Creepin wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:47 pm
Ace Antilles wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:41 pm
Well but of course, that's the whole point - to play XW and TF with the modern graphics! Not exactly the newest since XWC specifically asks for Update 4, but god this is fantastic! I'm sorry I haven't included XWAU in my list of thanks - it was implied, obviously, but truly, XWAU is the thing of beauty, and I was greatly impressed both with that it's still alive and with the great progress it made since I last played XWA in 2015 :2thumbs:
Here's a tip so you can have multiple installs.
Install XWA vanilla and play once. Then exit.
Zip the folder as a backup for later installs.
Copy the whole XWA directory folder somewhere and name it "XWAU" maybe.
Then install the XWAU Update 5 onto that folder.
Make sure you have a Shortcut link coming from the Alliance Launcher in the XWAU folder.

Repeat steps but change for XWC.

Then you can play both mods at the same time and keep up with the latest XWAU Updates too!!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:11 pm

PS can someone post a link here to the XWC download that people are using please. Thanks

danrevella
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by danrevella » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:29 am

Ace Antilles wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:11 pm
PS can someone post a link here to the XWC download that people are using please. Thanks
Here is working for a few hours:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/28ae57 ... 202/b134b9

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:48 pm

As for now you will be able to find the XWC 5.0 on the XWAU-Server:
XWC 5.0 + XvT (Rebel) (I renamed the file slightly for better compatibility)
This has been done with @waylons approval.

Note that this is purely for the benefit of the community and this download is in no way an official XWAU download, so use at your own risk. We cannot offer much support nor can we guarantee any compatibility with the current or future XWAU patches. (As far as I am aware the latest XWAU Patch 5 sadly is not compatible. You will need Patch 4 which can still be found in the download section if needed)

CupcakeFS
Cadet 4th Class

Post by CupcakeFS » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:47 pm

Which if any of these can be used without XWAU? Like, can I play the converted missions by adding them to XWA without also installing XWAU? Thank you.

Knarfe
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Knarfe » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:12 am

Is there a chance of getting the XvT Imperial missions soon?

Will I get in trouble if I have already one installation of XWAU (5.5 with TFTC) on my PC?

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:23 pm

You will most likely need a second install with XWAU 2020 Patch 4 installed. But you can have multiple installs in parallel. Just move your current install to a different folder and reinstall the game.

Knarfe
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Knarfe » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:46 am

How can I change resolution to 3440 : 1440?? I found no option in the config?

Edit: I found the option in the hooks.ini and it worked properly.

Salk
Recruit

Post by Salk » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:29 am

Hello!

I would also like to download version 5.0 but there is still no mirror for it.

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:35 am

Salk wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:29 am
Hello!

I would also like to download version 5.0 but there is still no mirror for it.
See this post:
Forceflow wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Note that this is purely for the benefit of the community and this download is in no way an official XWAU download, so use at your own risk. We cannot offer much support nor can we guarantee any compatibility with the current or future XWAU patches. (As far as I am aware the latest XWAU Patch 5 sadly is not compatible. You will need Patch 4 which can still be found in the download section if needed)
That link should work.

Salk
Recruit

Post by Salk » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:59 am

Thank you!

I understand the disclaimer. Hopefully waylon will return once more and work out any possible incompatibilities with future version of XWAU.

Pagaronn
Recruit

Post by Pagaronn » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:13 am

Any chances to share the link again?

I wanted to revisit the original x-wing mission in XWA! Thanks!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:44 am

Pagaronn wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:13 am
Any chances to share the link again?

I wanted to revisit the original x-wing mission in XWA! Thanks!
The link is here.
https://www.xwaupgrade.com/download/ins ... (rebel).7z

But there is a lot of incompatibility as mentioned below.

Forceflow wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Knarfe
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Knarfe » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:42 am

So what about the Imperial missions in XvT?

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:29 pm

Not sure what the status of the project is. As of right now it doesn't look like there will be anything new soon.