[Solved] Game unplayable - HUD does not show up anymore!

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Game unplayable - HUD does not show up anymore!

UJSMaster
Recruit

Post by UJSMaster » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:29 pm

Hey guys, I have this problem where the HUD frequently does not show up. After restarting a few times it tends to show up. Finally, however, it got to the point where the HUD simply doesn't show up at all. This happened in the first mission ever where you get to fly the B-Wing.

And on another note, the HUDs never really showed up properly. It's a fresh install of XWAU from Steam. By HUD I mean the purple GUI. Here's a YouTube video to showcase the issue: https://youtu.be/DAEyNAQizbE (you can also see me desperately pressing CTRL + END in an attempt to restore the HUD but it has no effect other than the center display toggling on and off) - I'm also pressing any possible key found here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RK5RaA4_W5M/U ... 00/ref.PNG (NO EFFECT!)

GTX 1650, Ryzen 7 4xxxH. On a laptop.

Please help! My 4 year old son desperately wants to play the game, and without a HUD we simply cannot. Thanks!
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:38 pm

That's what it's supposed to do. If you move your camera down like you did you can see the options.
Capturebw.PNG
So the Dynamic Cockpit is working. The arrows show the options on the screen.

You press the " D " key to turn the Hud on and off again when in flight.

You also configure it on / off by Default in the Babu Frik Configurator. Special Effects menu area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

UJSMaster
Recruit

Post by UJSMaster » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:39 pm

Thanks, the D key fixed it, much appreciated!