[Solved] Custom delivery mission not resolving

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Custom delivery mission not resolving

Laurakuma
Recruit

Post by Laurakuma » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:45 am

Hi all. This my first post as well my first custom mission. I hope this topic is on the correct board.

I'm trying to create a very simple delivery mission in Allied. I want to have a ship pick up a box from a different region and deliver it to a platform. It's similar to the first prologue mission.

I have 2 goals set to the box's FG:
Sequence 0: "100% of the box's flight group must be picked up"
Sequence 1: "100% of the box's FG must be delivered?"

The first goal clears when the ship picks up the box. However when the ship delivers the box to the platform the second goal never clears..

I've tried assigning the goal to the player ship, the platform, and I've tried making it a global goal and it still doesn't clear.

Any help you all provide would be greatly appreciated

UPDATE:
I found the solution in this thread. It was posted by Mark_Farlander http://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 40#p159840

Here is the direct quote:

"Minor update: the first "No Effect?" box (the one at the bottom left corner) for the "Deliver/drop off" order is the number of Flight Group where the craft with such order is going to deliver the object.
Just remember that the first Flight Group of the list in AlliED (Flight Group #1 of X) is considered the number 0, so you have to input "1 less".
If the station where the craft is going to deliver the container is Flight Group #N, then you have to input N-1 in the box."
Last edited by Laurakuma on Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:03 am

Well why do you not simply copy and edit FGs from prologue mission to yours? You'll get all mission order and so on...

Try to assign the Mission goal to box FG

Laurakuma
Recruit

Post by Laurakuma » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:37 am

Wow. I didn't know you could copy FGs from other missions. You sir deserve a great many cookies for enlightening me. I copied the FGs from the prologue, and assigned the mission goals to FG Box like you said, however the issue still occurs. So far it seems like it's exclusive to the "must be delivered?" condition. Out of the other conditions I've tried the "must be delivered?" condition is the only one that never resolves.

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:03 am

Have you assigned the target to fg that has to be delivered? The box has to know were it has to go

Laurakuma
Recruit

Post by Laurakuma » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:26 pm

I went in and I think I assigned the target for FG Box correctly. It still isn't working however. I've taken screenshots of the FG Box's goals and orders. I'm pretty sure I messed up somewhere and just can't figure it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:30 pm

Laurakuma wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:26 pm
I went in and I think I assigned the target for FG Box correctly. It still isn't working however. I've taken screenshots of the FG Box's goals and orders. I'm pretty sure I messed up somewhere and just can't figure it out.
Hi. If you zip and attach the mission to your next reply i'll try and see if I can take a look when I have a few minutes :)
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Laurakuma
Recruit

Post by Laurakuma » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:19 am

Thanks guys! Here is the zip file with the Mission list and Mission file in it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:46 pm

I had a look and can't see the fix easily.
It would probably need to be started over to make more sense. Sorry
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Laurakuma
Recruit

Post by Laurakuma » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:08 am

Alright Thanks for your help. I going to try an easier mission type to learn the editor better and work my way back to trying delivery missions. Do I mark this thread as solved and quote your post at the top?