[Solved] Third person view ship/reticle movement.

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Third person view ship/reticle movement.

aidor
Cadet 4th Class

Post by aidor » Thu May 26, 2022 11:03 am

Hi!

I have a issue with... I don't know how to call It... maybe 'dynamic reticle and ship in third person view'. You know: the reticle and the ship is not static in the middle of the screen like it happens with vanilla XWA. Now the reticle/ship moves when you change direction. A very cool addition by XWA upgrade.

But I would like to know which .dll or settings adds this feature. I made a clean install of XWA + XWA upgrade megapatch + XWA update 5, and this feature is not there or enabled. Some days ago I made a frankenstein install with files from here and there (plus TFTC), and It had this feature enabled (but It crashes in TFTC mission 1 end). Now I tried to make a clean and polite install, but this feature is not there.

So... Which setting or dll adds this feature? Thanks in advance.

PD: about this cool feature, it would be just perfect if you guys could add a small zoom-in/zoom-out when you accelerate/decelerate

EDIT: ok, finally I figured out, in CockpitLook.cfg, Extrernal_inertia_enabled
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Fri May 27, 2022 1:57 am

I believe the reticle and HUD elements are displayed in 3D view by pressing the "[ / ]" key. This is possible through " hook_exterior.dll ".
Best way is uninstall everything, then do a another clean install XWA GOG or Steam, then go to Downloads screen of this website. Install the two packages at top of that webpage.
#2) Then scroll down and install the BlueMax DDraw v2.0 beta package "...2022-05-03.zip." Put all files in his .zip into your XWA main directory. #3) Then, back on Downloads webpage, scroll further down to the Tools sections and get HookSetup.zip. Unzip that and see the readme.txt file for instructions. It will grab the newest hooks from Jeremy's GitHub website (if you have an internet connection) and will update a number of hooks which are now outdated in the big install packages. Keep BlueMax's ddraw.dll file--don't replace that if you want special effects. #4) OR just wait until XWAUPG v5.5 comes out later this summer for a full comprehensive installation.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

aidor
Cadet 4th Class

Post by aidor » Fri May 27, 2022 8:15 am

Bman wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 1:57 am
I believe the reticle and HUD elements are displayed in 3D view by pressing the "[ / ]" key. This is possible through " hook_exterior.dll "....
Hi,

Well, I think I was talking about something different. I was talking about this setting (which I finally figure out):
external_inertia_enabled = 1, inside CockpitLook.cfg.

About a clean install, thanks, I followed that order and now all works perfect, even that setting (external inertia) is disabled by default and que must enable It manually.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri May 27, 2022 10:16 am

Bman wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 1:57 am
I believe the reticle and HUD elements are displayed in 3D view by pressing the "[ / ]" key. This is possible through " hook_exterior.dll ".
Best way is uninstall everything, then do a another clean install XWA GOG or Steam, then go to Downloads screen of this website. Install the two packages at top of that webpage.
#2) Then scroll down and install the BlueMax DDraw v2.0 beta package "...2022-05-03.zip." Put all files in his .zip into your XWA main directory. #3) Then, back on Downloads webpage, scroll further down to the Tools sections and get HookSetup.zip. Unzip that and see the readme.txt file for instructions. It will grab the newest hooks from Jeremy's GitHub website (if you have an internet connection) and will update a number of hooks which are now outdated in the big install packages. Keep BlueMax's ddraw.dll file--don't replace that if you want special effects. #4) OR just wait until XWAUPG v5.5 comes out later this summer for a full comprehensive installation.
Or you could have just downloaded XWAU 2020 5.1 Beta version 5.1 which would have done all that for you in one go 😁

@aidor you can choose cockpit inertia from Babu Friks Configurator.
It's not for everyone. Glad it all works now
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

aidor
Cadet 4th Class

Post by aidor » Fri May 27, 2022 12:15 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:16 am

Or you could have just downloaded XWAU 2020 5.1 Beta version 5.1 which would have done all that for you in one go 😁

@aidor you can choose cockpit inertia from Babu Friks Configurator.
It's not for everyone. Glad it all works now
Yeah, but that inertia from Babu Friks configurator I think it's the internal cockpit inertia. There is no option there for third person view inertia, which must be enabled manually in the .cfg file.

About the XWAU 2020 5.1 Beta version 5.1... does It change/add anything inside the folders inside the main XWA folder? I ask It because I have a backup of all the files inside the XWA folder (just the files, not the folders), in case something doesn't work (i. ex, I installed all the new hook dlls downloaded with the hooks downloader, and the TFTC craches, so I deleted all the files and restored the backup).