[Solved] 2020 Patch 2 X-Wing Radar

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] 2020 Patch 2 X-Wing Radar

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:28 pm

I got an opportunity to play again today, so I installed the new patch. I've found an issue where the forward radar in the X-Wing is reverse on the x-axis (left<>right). It's only with the dynamic cockpit and not with the static parts. You can see what I'm referencing in the image. I couldn't reproduce the issue in any other craft. I installed the 2020 craft pack back in January, played a bit, then haven't played until today. I can do a fresh install, but I wanted to put this here in case anyone else has this issue or this helps fix a bug.
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:09 pm

This was already reported but thanks anyway :)
The fix is now live with Update 2.1 in the download section
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:33 pm

Thanks so much. I hadn't seen this reported yet, sorry for the double.

Kharn
Recruit

Post by Kharn » Wed May 05, 2021 3:20 am

I'm having this bug after installing the Mega Patch along the Update 3 (which as I understand, includes the previous Updates).

Is a fresh install for both the game and the Mega Patch, and the Update 3 is correctly installed as far as I know. I couldn't find in a quick look any file that shows the current installed version of the Upgrade, but creating a custom mission with a winged Calamari and the Platform 3 totally loads the new OPTs.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun May 09, 2021 1:24 pm

Kharn wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:20 am
I'm having this bug after installing the Mega Patch along the Update 3 (which as I understand, includes the previous Updates).

Is a fresh install for both the game and the Mega Patch, and the Update 3 is correctly installed as far as I know. I couldn't find in a quick look any file that shows the current installed version of the Upgrade, but creating a custom mission with a winged Calamari and the Platform 3 totally loads the new OPTs.
Are you still having this issue? I can't recreate it. The files in Update 3 seem correct.
Go to the Backup folder and copy back all the files from the dated XWAU 2020 Mega Patch Update 3 folder.
Then try installed Update 3 again. Also make sure no Steam or GoG etc programs are running

Kharn
Recruit

Post by Kharn » Wed May 12, 2021 10:43 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:24 pm
Are you still having this issue? I can't recreate it. The files in Update 3 seem correct.
Go to the Backup folder and copy back all the files from the dated XWAU 2020 Mega Patch Update 3 folder.
Then try installed Update 3 again. Also make sure no Steam or GoG etc programs are running
Yup! Just tried what you said (and making sure there was no GOG or Steam running), and the problem is still there, in both campaign and simulator.

I'll try to reinstall the game and download everything again, but no idea :-?

Kharn
Recruit

Post by Kharn » Wed May 12, 2021 11:43 pm

Redowonloaded and reinstalled everything. Game (GOG version), Megapatch, Update 3. No GOG or Steam running.

With only the game, the X-Wing radar works as intended. With the Megapatch applied, the X-Wing radar also works as intended. But once I install Update 3, the bug appears.

:shrug:

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed May 12, 2021 11:56 pm

Kharn wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:43 pm
Redowonloaded and reinstalled everything. Game (GOG version), Megapatch, Update 3. No GOG or Steam running.

With only the game, the X-Wing radar works as intended. With the Megapatch applied, the X-Wing radar also works as intended. But once I install Update 3, the bug appears.

Which XWing are you using? Just the default one.
I need to do some more tests and may not have time tonight but you maybe right...

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu May 13, 2021 12:16 am

Kharn wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:43 pm
@Kharn I owe you an apology for taking this long to sort this. :ops:
You are right the issue is still there, I take responsibility for that. :( I had been looking at my test version which was correct and not the release one.
Not sure what happened but the files didn't get added properly to Update 4. More annoyingly it slipped through others testing too. :kopfwand:
No one else seems to have seen the issue again either it seems.

Here are the fixed files. If you extract them and add to the Dynamic Cockpit folder then it should work.
Please can you confirm that it works for you. Sorry to have you messing about when it was my mistake.

XWing-Fix.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kharn
Recruit

Post by Kharn » Thu May 13, 2021 2:22 am

Yep! That solves it. Thanks!

And don't worry for the multiple reinstalls and so. If it served for something, is all good! :P

Calmputer
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Calmputer » Fri May 14, 2021 4:48 pm

I am/was also getting this issue.
once when installing 3.0 over 2.1, and then again when doing a fresh install from the ground up.. megapatch + update 3.0.

... and the XWing-fix.zip fixed it perfectly.