[Solved] XWAU 2020 Mega Patch Keyboard problem.

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] XWAU 2020 Mega Patch Keyboard problem.

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Mon May 17, 2021 5:07 pm

I recently installed mega patch and joistick buttons work fine but the keyboard is bugged:(
Before i get to keyboard thing i will input another small issue:)
In Xwa Joistic Config i had to enable ''Use the POV as regular buttons''
It sey 0 to continious movement and 1 to enable regular buttons(i cheacked it with cheack mark)because without it the craft in the mission is keap spinning and cant control it.But when i cheacked this option i just seyed about it works normal with no spining problem.
Next is keyboard problem:
If i press aniy button during flight each time i presing any keyboard button(for exampol any of F1-F4)with each click the camera is moving up bay it self as ic not stable.
Bay continuing to press any random button 1 time it go up and pres it again it go up and with each pres it go up until you pes it hundreds of time until it spin back to normal position.
Be noted that before darksaber website died etc i downloaded the darksaber ultimate craft pack.
In it all was working fine...keyboard resolution and joistic.Only when i instaled XWAU 2020 Mega patch the folowing problems apeared.
Last problem i have is resolution problem.
Again when i instaled darksaber ultimate craft pack the resolution was fine in bouth hangar and in flight.But in this Mega patch of XWAU the resolution problem started to happen.
In the hangar where you have breafing room etc the resolution is not weadscrean like it was when i instaled darksaber ultimate craft pack.The hangar where you have teachrom it is in square like in old square old monitors and cant widescrean it.On the mission in flight it is widescrean np(just wasnt shore is it because darksaber ultimate craft pack or it is bay instaling XWAU mega patch?)
Also the musich is lopy and stuck (dont nou if ic the game or mega patch as i cant tell)
If aniy devs of it nou what cause the problem or hau to fix it please let me nou:)

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue May 18, 2021 10:27 pm

Open Babu Frik's Configurator from the launcher to change Aspect Ration resolution.

Set Rudder Enabled to No in the game options. That might stop the spinning and fix the keyboard.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Wed May 19, 2021 6:20 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 10:27 pm
Open Babu Frik's Configurator from the launcher to change Aspect Ration resolution.

Set Rudder Enabled to No in the game options. That might stop the spinning and fix the keyboard.
Hi i noulonger have the mega patch instaled from XWAU but in the future i give it a tray and i am gona turn it off.
And sorry that Darksaber ultimate craft pack is a dead project and that mega trainer from XWAU is better project etc but i like the dead project beter as there are more cool sheep enabled dont get me wrong:)
And ty for help like i seyed i will duit when i get it reinstaled:)

Llama
Recruit

Post by Llama » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:46 am

I am having the same problem: I need "Use POV as regular buttons" checked or else I get endless spinning. But when I do this to solve the problem, every keypress rotates my camera view in the cockpit. Did you ever get a solution?

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:12 pm

As I said in the other post...I do have this issue as well. I'm trying to test the game disabling the hooks by removing them and see what happens.

Update: I renamed hook_joystick_ff.dll to hook_joystick_ff.dl_ so as to disable said hook and game seems to be working as normal once more.
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

CMDR/LC Alejandro Araujo/Alpha/Wing I/ISDII Hammer/BGI

Llama
Recruit

Post by Llama » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:21 am

HI Haakan,

Well, it renaming hook_joystick_ff.dll doesn't completely solve my problem.

When I rename the file, the game ignores my rudder controls, which are set to control Yaw. Instead, it assigns my joystick axis 0, which is set to Roll in the Configurator, to Yaw. Pitch remains unaffected.

It does solve the "tapping a key pitches the camera up a degree or two" problem.

So close, yet so far...

AstroNomad
Recruit

Post by AstroNomad » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:51 pm

Same issue with this solution: yes renaming the hook dll solves the keyboard presses rotating POV problem, but this disables the joystick configuration (in fact the main menu then reverts back to only having the ingame keypress options).

is there perhaps an old hook_joystick_ff.dll available we might try? I seem to remember my equipment working the last time I tried to play this game, but it's been awhile and I never got around to it. But I was so stoked now! hope the version gets playable again.