[HELP] When "Use POV as regular buttons" is checked, every keyboard tap rotates my view.

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[HELP] When "Use POV as regular buttons" is checked, every keyboard tap rotates my view.

Llama
Recruit

Post by Llama » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:37 am

So one problem is fixed and it causes another one...

I need to have "Use POV as regular buttons" option on the Joystick Configurator screen checked in order for my fighter to NOT endlessly spin when I start.

The problem now is whenever I tap a key on the keyboard, the view in the cockpit "rotates" a few degrees up with every keypress. No keypress seems to "rotate" the view back.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix it? Thanks.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:13 pm

Hello,
Is Rudder enabled in the in-game menu?

AstroNomad
Recruit

Post by AstroNomad » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:40 pm

Same issue as the OP above.

farbinator
Recruit

Post by farbinator » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:20 am

Greetings! A bit of a thread resurrection but I wanted to add my solution to this problem as I was encountering the same issue. What finally worked for me was in the Joystick configurator, I un-assigned all of the POV hat commands (0, None, No Function) then I could uncheck the "Use POV Hat as Buttons" and have the rudder enabled in the in game menu. Not having the POV hat assigned on my joystick is not a deal breaker as I use a gaming keypad for that function. No endless cockpit spinning, no view up on every keypress, and I have my rudder.