Briefing Asteroids

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Briefing Asteroids

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:25 pm

"Asteroid Fields" aren't showing up in the briefing for me. I've tried a clean install of XWAU to make sure that wasn't it. They show up when I make/edit the briefing in YOGEME, but then not once I'm in game. I'm not sure if they would show up in vanilla, but I couldn't find any missions where there were any in the briefings (I didn't do an exhaustive search, just a few missions I remember asteroids in). Is this a known "issue"? I can get around it by using warhead and laser asteroids as well as the asteroid hangar, but those with an astute eye will know.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:21 pm

the_stag wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:25 pm
"Asteroid Fields" aren't showing up in the briefing for me. I've tried a clean install of XWAU to make sure that wasn't it. They show up when I make/edit the briefing in YOGEME, but then not once I'm in game. I'm not sure if they would show up in vanilla, but I couldn't find any missions where there were any in the briefings (I didn't do an exhaustive search, just a few missions I remember asteroids in). Is this a known "issue"? I can get around it by using warhead and laser asteroids as well as the asteroid hangar, but those with an astute eye will know.
I don't remember Asteroids ever being in briefings. If you can please post the name of a relevant mission then it can be looked into.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:58 am

If you've downloaded the BoP conversion I made, mission 12 for the rebels has asteroids in the briefing, but they don't actually appear in game. Other than that, those icons aren't used in vanilla, so I don't know if that's of any help or not.