B4M6 - Mission 6: Protect Imperial Computer (ISD don't dock)

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

B4M6 - Mission 6: Protect Imperial Computer (ISD don't dock)

Ronin
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Ronin » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:33 pm

Hi all,

ISD don't dock on Razor on Battle 4 Mission 6.

How to fix this?

(Latest XWAU Patch installed)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:51 am

Has this happened multiple times? I flew the mission some time ago and it worked, so it could just have been a fluke if it doesn't happen all the time...
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Calmputer
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Calmputer » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:51 am

Is that Star Destroyer shooting at you?
I remember being able to observe the docking without it shooting a single shot at me.

If so, did you attack it? maybe that's why?

Ronin
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Ronin » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:47 pm

Forceflow wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:51 am
Has this happened multiple times? I flew the mission some time ago and it worked, so it could just have been a fluke if it doesn't happen all the time...
Yes, pictures are from fourth time. I have also tried with X-wing and B-wing.

Ronin
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Ronin » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:48 pm

Calmputer wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:51 am
Is that Star Destroyer shooting at you?
I remember being able to observe the docking without it shooting a single shot at me.

If so, did you attack it? maybe that's why?
Tried with shooting and without shooting.

Hyberon
Recruit

Post by Hyberon » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:49 pm

I encountered this same bug on 5.5. Played it twice, and both times the Avenger failed to complete the docking order which breaks the mission. I tried destroying the Avenger, and this triggers a radio message telling you to protect the escape pod, but no escape pod ever appears.

Hyberon
Recruit

Post by Hyberon » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:07 am

It's possible this has to do with monitor refresh rate. The game tends to freeze up or slow to a crawl when you're returning to hangar if you play the game at anything higher than 60hz (launching from the hangar is fine for some reason). This can be somewhat circumvented by switching camera views, though.

I tried the mission a third time at 60hz (I normally play at 144hz), and this time the Avenger did finish docking with the Razor. I feel it still took longer than it should have, though... the Avenger seemed to freeze during docking and then move forward a little in brief spurts. By the time it had docked, all enemy fighters had already been destroyed and me and the rest of the squadron were just sitting around, waiting.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:43 pm

Yes there are hangar issues and hz minor bugs. Particularly in VR. The hangar is locked to 60fps to try and stop issues but this is being looked at.

That docking is a bit of a pain. Unless someone has a fix then we can try and look into it for the future release
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:11 pm

I also noticed, it docks, but very slowly

CrimsonEminence
Recruit

Post by CrimsonEminence » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:20 am

I've found a relatively reliable way to bring the Avenger to dock with the Razor, but it's a bit cheesy and you need Medium Difficulty or lower. (afaik the Avenger shoots at you at Hard Difficulty even without you making the first hit)

When you have dealt with the TIEs, the Avenger usually sits in "docking with Razor - 0.16" (or similar) in its action display and doesn't move.

What i did just out of interest was to fly very close to the Razor and the Star Destroyer hangar (don't attack the Avenger) and passing by it again and again. Also flying next to the Razor and giving it a little bit of throttle.
EDIT: Also tested again right now with success: You can also wait next to the Star Destroyers hangar+Razor and you see the Avenger moving suddenly.

This suddenly made the Avenger move bit for bit and the docking action countdown was going down step by step - eventually the next part of the mission triggered and the game showed that the Star Destroyer has docked with the Razor.

So in case you get stuck here and you survive the TIEs, there is a chance this might be a workaround for now.

Additional info - i tried running my monitor at 60 Hz, 165 Hz, framelock at 60 Hz, nothing helped. Funny enough this cheese did for some weird reason.
FWIW i also used this balancing modification for the mission (it doesn't alter anything for the Razor part though):
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12942&p=174460&hilit=b4m6#p174460

I hope this could help you folks.

Cheers!

Rogerborg
Recruit

Post by Rogerborg » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:01 am

Ahoy. I can confirm that this problem and workaround is still extant with XWAU2020 / XWAU2020update_v5.0 / XWAU2020fixpack_v5.6.2

The Avenger gets to 0.18 then no closer. Attack it, don't attack it, finish off all the gunboats and TIEs first or not, it makes no difference.

The only method I could find to get it complete the docking was @CrimsonEminence's suggestion to fly very close to the Razor, which jumps the Avenger forwards 0.1 / 0.2 per pass.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:54 am

Rogerborg wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:01 am
Ahoy. I can confirm that this problem and workaround is still extant with XWAU2020 / XWAU2020update_v5.0 / XWAU2020fixpack_v5.6.2

The Avenger gets to 0.18 then no closer. Attack it, don't attack it, finish off all the gunboats and TIEs first or not, it makes no difference.

The only method I could find to get it complete the docking was @CrimsonEminence's suggestion to fly very close to the Razor, which jumps the Avenger forwards 0.1 / 0.2 per pass.
There seems to be issues with the docking which we believe is due to FPS being higher than the original.

@LPhoenix will be on this mission soon. Maybe we can find a better solution.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost