[HELP] Strange Joystick Problems

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[HELP] Strange Joystick Problems

Samas990
Recruit

Post by Samas990 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:46 pm

Alliance Version - STEAM
OS - Windows 11
XWAU Installs - The full Patch 5.0
Latest Hooks? - Yup

Ok. Here's a new one. Haven't found this specific issue yet.

I have a Logitech X56 (a newish & currently supported joystick).

For over a year, I used both with no problems. Then I unplug them once and suddenly, the Joystick Configurator thinks they has no axis and no buttons (See attached). When I play the game, I just spin around in a downward spiral, like I am doing a constant Wotan weave

Here is the clinker; the pair works everywhere else. They works in the Logitech configurator; works in the Windows Game Controller Setup; They worked Sunday in Elite Dangerous.

The joystick configurator even sees that it exists by name and has assigned it an index number. Any thoughts on this? So far, I've done the usual "unplug it all" schtick; as well as cleaned out the registry and did full re-installs of XWAU, Alliance, and the joysticks and their software.

I suppose I could try to learn how to use vJoy (which just confuses my middle-aged self), but I shouldn't have to. It was working fine.

Thanks all in advance for putting any thought to this. Much love for all you guys do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Calmputer
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Calmputer » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:22 pm

I'm not too sure how useful this post will be, but...

I have a Logitech x52 Pro.. and every time I plug it in, I have to run the Logitech's own joystick software and 'save' the configuration to the stick... it will then work flawlessly until I unplug it.

If I plug the things in and don't run logitech's software, I get problems similar to yours (only difference is I can use the axes, but not the buttons).

Samas990
Recruit

Post by Samas990 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:46 am

Calmputer wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:22 pm
I have a Logitech x52 Pro.. and every time I plug it in, I have to run the Logitech's own joystick software and 'save' the configuration to the stick... it will then work flawlessly until I unplug it.
Bummer. Thanks for the great suggestion, but unfortunately, this did not solve my problem. I gave this a try but it didn't seem to fix the problem. the Joystick configurator still reads the joystick as have zero axes and no buttons.

syncopic
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by syncopic » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:59 pm

Hi @Samas990 mas990,

have you tried newest Hook_Joystick_ff.dll and additional files from XWA Hook Setup (Download area) ?
I had probs with my CH HOTAS and using of the newest version solved all problems.
You can find the files in the folder "Hooks" \ "Hook_Joystick_ff". Just copy all files to your XWAU installation folder and check with Joystick Configurator.
It´s not a bug - it´s the user.