[Solved] tutorial mission : how to come back to the base ?

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] tutorial mission : how to come back to the base ?

Dan de Belgique
Recruit

Post by Dan de Belgique » Wed May 11, 2022 9:16 pm

Due to the fact I'm not a native English speaker and due to the fact it is not possible to pause the game AND to read slowly the messages sent on the left part of the cocpit, I don't understand how to abord (or end) the mission by coming back to the base. Could you help me ?
Also : I am quickly destroyed when they are more than one ennemy vessels : is there a trick to fight against multiple ennemies ? Or tactical helps for beginners ?
Thanks to all helpers.
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

JMP3
Recruit

Post by JMP3 » Sun May 15, 2022 3:00 am

To head back into a hangar, you want to fly near it until a prompt at the top of the screen shows up. It'll say "Press space to activate tractor beam and enter hanger". By default, you press the spacebar to enter the hangar. To simply pause the game without opening the escape button, you can press Alt+P

As for fighting multiple craft, you could try setting the Sabra and Otana's turrets to "defensive fire" by pressing X. The turrets will fire automatically on fighters in range. In missions where you fly the Sabra, any fighters above you will be targeted. If you want to focus solely on evading enemies, you can transfer your laser power to the engines as the gunner's turret doesn't use that energy.