Laser hit effects

This is the XWA Upgrade section! In here you'll find some of the most talented XWA creators and editors on the net! Discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Laser hit effects

siva80
Recruit

Post by siva80 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:38 pm

I finally got around to installing xwaupgrade and the game looks incredible, I can't even imagine how much work it took to get to this point. But there's one thing that bothers me... there doesn't seem to be any visual feedback or effect when you score a hit on a target with your lasers. Is this intentional, or did I install something incorrectly? Seems like a pretty major oversight if it is intentional, my weapons just feel like they lack impact, for lack of a better word.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:10 pm

I finally got around to installing xwaupgrade and the game looks incredible, I can't eIf I understand you correctly, then you are missing e.g. the flashing on the hull of a ship when the lights hit shields?

blue_max
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:40 pm

I believe laser hit effects can be toggled using the in-game menu. You've probably got yours off. Press Esc and look in the Video Options (sorry, I don't have the game handy at the moment to check where).