Dark Saber website is dead...or is it?:)

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Dark Saber website is dead...or is it?:)

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:25 am

Hi ppl i found out that oldou Dark Saber website is dead plas dead project ic still alive as things still can be download from it but.
WARING!!!
It will get in conflict with Mega patch or update 3 so dont use it:)
If the ppl who are making new ships can exstract something from the website and work with the ship file...perhaps it culd be relised in next update of Mega patch.
I found the conflight as i tested it out and i found this.
1.Ship cockpit is not showing.
2.Ship is fairing duel lasers repitedly.
3.Ship is not mowing up or down etc.
4.You can se it cockpit in hangar outside hangar but not inside cockpit(as i alredy seyed)
3.Model is perfectly shown in hangar when out of cockpit and probobly in flight:)
Here is the website:)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://web.archive.org/web/20200512093 ... iance.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sey...lec use the ships from this Dead website bay using this website caled WayBackMachine and se if new project can be salvaged from it and applied to XWAUP Mega Patch.
Yes i nou Dark Saber and Mega Patch from XWAUP dont play nice but did you ever here about cloning etc that will exstract thing saperate them from Dark Saber complitly and inplanted in XWAUP Mega Patch as it need to be completly seperated 100% in order for Ships or station to be worked up in XWAUP Mega Patch in order for new ships to be reliced in Mega Pach.
Be noted that not a single treace of Dark saber files etc must be neutralised 100% so it dont get conflight with XWAUP Mega patch as it mas be free:)
Simpl what i am implaying here is something like Heart inplant from a person to person or a PC program that have luncher that only work in win 32 and not win 64 as a program need to be created to run 32 programs instalation as 64 bit(this is only an exampol)
Hope i helped out in the name of XWAUP Mega Patch future of new stations or ships:)
P.S If you gona sey that still nothing will work about all i sugested i am shore you can luck at the pictures from the site and make craft or station etc from scrach and apply it to XWAUP Mega Patch future update relice:)
Comeon if extracting is problem i am 100% shore that pictures are not the problem and you can work from them instead.One way or another(depend what way is working) new ships,stations can emerge from this:)

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:10 pm

The DSUCP is no longer being maintained and it will not be supported by the XWAU. This is outside of the scope of what we are doing.
With the new installer it is possible to create new ship sets that play nice with the XWAU. (The upcoming TFTC for example will make use of the XWAU while also adding their own ships) But someone other than the team here will need to do that. We have plenty still left to do. Not only are there still new models needed for a couple of ships there are also other enhancements that we are working on plus a lot of the older XWAU models need another update pass to get them up to the current level of quality that we aim for.
So do not expect anything to come out of the XWAU in regards of additional ship packs right now. If you want this done I highly suggest you look at the new installer and try to figure out how to do this yourself. I am sure plenty of other members would love to get a new expanded crafts pack. Be advised though that you cannot simply take anything from the DSUCP and distribute it. You will need the permission for each ship from each modeller, unfortunately many are no longer available and this will be a big issue. (Which is one of the reasons why we don't feel like working on this)

So I understand your wish, but I am afraid that this is not happening.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:59 pm

@Forceflow
Yeah...i tought so...but...You culd use this DS ships pictures and luck at them in the future when the new ships will come available and you can simply make them in a program that is used to create new ships:)Sins DS thing will never happen acording to you i wish the some of DS ships come out of it in XWAU as new ship models.
Exampol ship ''Tie Phantom rebel asoult 2''
To end this i will ask one more small thing.
In game folders i can faind OPT files but i dont nou where or hau to create SHP files to use in ''MXvTED_4.2 in order to add ships to ship slots as i dont nou hau to add ships to sloths if there is no requared SHP files as OPT files i nou i put in FlightModels:)
P.S i have this slots occupied and dont want to be overwritten if the new craft apear in the future:)
The folowing slots are occupied:
184,188,189 and 192

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:12 am

Unfortunately, DS is not part of the XWAU team anymore, and I don't think he would wish the XWAU team to make a shipset using his work....and anyway, it's just bad for for modders to use other works without permission, and the XWAU team have enough ethics to NOT do that
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:50 am

@Rookie_One1
Well ok then then if all you sey is corect(and it is) then ships must not be taked without permission but... can XWAU make there own Tie Phantom that is not from DS conected and permission conected but maded totaly from XWAU Team as they maked other ships alredy something like that.I am gesing the permissio is the thing and ship is not.So to get me understand corectly i ment XWAU to make that fighter from scrach like it was like this.When DS got saperated from XWAU the XWAU besicaly make improvement and continue the project.So make this fighter be maded from scrach bay XWAU and not related to DS as what was for DS stay as DS and permision still standing and i am not asking like i want somebody to steal somebody project no....that is apsolutly out of the question.If XWAU is continuing building ships in the future let this fighter be one of them:)
P.S I am sorry if this bother you at all but i ''DONT WANT'' ship to apear stolen etc i mented it to be made bay XWAU as new ship project and anithing you think i am thinking like wanting them to take a ship that dont belong to them''NOU I AM DEFENETLY NOT'':)

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:08 am

Paladinspat wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:50 am
@Rookie_One1
Well ok then then if all you sey is corect(and it is) then ships must not be taked without permission but... can XWAU make there own Tie Phantom that is not from DS conected and permission conected but maded totaly from XWAU Team as they maked other ships alredy something like that.I am gesing the permissio is the thing and ship is not.So to get me understand corectly i ment XWAU to make that fighter from scrach like it was like this.When DS got saperated from XWAU the XWAU besicaly make improvement and continue the project.So make this fighter be maded from scrach bay XWAU and not related to DS as what was for DS stay as DS and permision still standing and i am not asking like i want somebody to steal somebody project no....that is apsolutly out of the question.If XWAU is continuing building ships in the future let this fighter be one of them:)
P.S I am sorry if this bother you at all but i ''DONT WANT'' ship to apear stolen etc i mented it to be made bay XWAU as new ship project and anithing you think i am thinking like wanting them to take a ship that dont belong to them''NOU I AM DEFENETLY NOT'':)
As I said before: the XWAU does not plan to add any more new ships to the project. We have enough to do as it is. Right now we need to finish all the still missing models and then give the older models a new pass. That alone will easily be keeping us occupied for a couple of years. So if you really want the Tie Phantom that badly I highly suggest to pick up your choice of modelling software and just start working on it.

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:29 am

A question: in xwa there are many hints pointing to the fact that the Star Viper should have been in game save being cutted away in the rush for publish the game, like the other ingame function for trains (to be unbuilt ans rebuilt in missions), and multiplay in a transport with player x piloting and gunners y and z in turrets... xwaup intend to address those cutted contents?

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:01 pm

There was a plan to add the Star Viper but there was never much interest in anyone actually doing it. So as of right now it has been cut from the scope. If someone ever does make a good enough model that might change since it was supposed to be in the game.
As for the other things, no plans currently exist to address any of those.