TIE Advanced x1 missing Warhead Launchers

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

TIE Advanced x1 missing Warhead Launchers

EpicN
Recruit

Post by EpicN » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:59 pm

Stars Kids released a video on YouTube yesterday showing off the TIE Advanced x1 in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQaYS1FnsI8

I noticed in the video there were enough fighters to set up a skirmish mission, however in the video the TIE Advanced x1 was launching missiles at the corvette and when I set up the TIE Advanced x1 I noticed it had no missile launchers. So then I went to Wookieepedia to look if the TIE Advanced x1 had missile launchers in legends and it did... :/ You guys might want to fix that.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:12 pm

I've removed the post and file you uploaded, please, you might be a member, but your defiantly not part of the team!

So please don't assume that if something wants modifying that you go ahead and do it yourself!

When the Tie Advanced x1 was first made there wasn't anything like Wikipedia, there was hardly any images of the fighter, and no fan-made cartoons, so it was made using the below design from a this book
guideegvv.jpg
tieadvancedx1b.jpg
tieadvancedx1a.jpg
No where in this book does it mention Missiles or Missile Clusters, the new image doesn't even mention any launchers, plus in Star Wars: A New Hope do you ever see the Tie Advanced x1 fire missiles, if Vader had missiles don't you think he would have used them in the trench against Luke? Sorry No Missiles Luke won!

If you wish to edit the craft for your own use please do so, but please if you wish to make it public please ask the Author for permission, and I'm afraid that would be me!

Since I made the T/AX1 before some geeks thought of Wikipedia and again thought it a good idea to add some missiles launchers to the T/AX1, I'm afraid the craft will remain as it is (without Missiles).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station