Making the 2nd death star tunnel run movie accurate?

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Making the 2nd death star tunnel run movie accurate?

Paul_fidelity
Recruit

Post by Paul_fidelity » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:23 am

Hi,

I loved playing X-Wing Alliance back in '99, it's my favourite Star Wars game of all time. The only thing is I could never get behind the last mission as it changes the movies, putting you in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon instead of Lando and Chewie. Plus there is so little space in that tunnel :D !

Thanks to you guys, if we now have the option to make it truer to the movies, can we have the option to pilot either an A-Wing or X-wing?
Maybe you could make it so if you complete the game it unlocks the option of the Millennium Falcon or just have it as a third ship option?

That would be amazing as it would make the game "perfect" in my opinion. Thanks.

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:37 pm

Check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12388

I’ve played these missions and confirm that they work, though the first three might have backdrops issues? I haven’t checked those in a while.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

jmarso
Cadet 1st Class

Post by jmarso » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:10 pm

You can use AlliED or YOGEME to change the Falcon to whatever player-flyable ship you want.

RogueLeader2357
Rebel Alliance

Post by RogueLeader2357 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 pm

jmarso wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:10 pm
You can use AlliED or YOGEME to change the Falcon to whatever player-flyable ship you want.
Where exactly do you enter these codes?
"Rogue Leader, standing by."

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:17 am

Those are no codes.
AlliEd and YOGEME are mission editor tools, you can get them from our download page and use them to change individual missions (at your own risk).
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear