Holy Crap! This Looks Great!

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Holy Crap! This Looks Great!

Flavid
XWAU Member

Post by Flavid » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:12 am

Hey everybody! It's been a really long time! So I decided to try out Squadrons because it was on sale, and I started thinking about this project and came by to see how it was doing. As the title says, Holy Crap! This is really impressive! :D I've been playing through this for the last couple of weeks when I have some spare time, and they really don't make games like this anymore. If you had told me in in the early 2000s that this would still be going 20 years later I'd be pretty skeptical. It's nice to be proven wrong.

Anyway, I wanted to say congrats to the team members and everybody for keeping this going. Also, if somebody wants to redo the Interdictor, you have my blessing ;)

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:35 pm

Hey Flavid! Great to see you around! Hope you're doing well and staying safe!
Flavid wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:12 am
Also, if somebody wants to redo the Interdictor, you have my blessing ;)
*rubs hands*
That is ... unless you wanna get back in the business yourself .. eh? Eh? *poke* :D
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:38 pm

Hello Flavid!!!.... :shock: Man... it's been years since you were here..... ;) Believe it or not... I still have majority of your opt files in a folder for old times sake. But it is good that you made an appearance, hope you stay around........ :D

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:12 pm

Flavid wrote:
Hey everybody! It's been a really long time! So I decided to try out Squadrons because it was on sale, and I started thinking about this project and came by to see how it was doing. As the title says, Holy Crap! This is really impressive! :D I've been playing through this for the last couple of weeks when I have some spare time, and they really don't make games like this anymore. If you had told me in in the early 2000s that this would still be going 20 years later I'd be pretty skeptical. It's nice to be proven wrong.

Anyway, I wanted to say congrats to the team members and everybody for keeping this going. Also, if somebody wants to redo the Interdictor, you have my blessing ;)
Man, great to see you are still around! How are you doing?
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Flavid
XWAU Member

Post by Flavid » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:19 am

I'm good! Unfortunately I'm too busy with grownup stuff (basement remodel) to get back into opt building, which is why somebody else should take that on :D

dreddnott
Cadet 4th Class

Post by dreddnott » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:16 pm

It really has been a long time. Amazing to see the gang getting back together.
I may make you feel, but I can't make you think.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:35 am

Flavid wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:19 am
I'm good! Unfortunately I'm too busy with grownup stuff (basement remodel) to get back into opt building, which is why somebody else should take that on :D
Hey there Flavid, good to see another old face.

If you fancy flying with some old fogies in Squadrons (like us) head over to Renegadewing.com, some of the old clubs have been resurrected!
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:48 am

Whoa! Hey, Flavid!

tt33
Galactic Empire

Post by tt33 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:54 am

Flavid wrote:
Also, if somebody wants to redo the Interdictor, you have my blessing ;)
I remember your old website from the 90s also had an Enforcer class cruiser available for download. Do you or anyone still have this for download?

donthegreat
Recruit

Post by donthegreat » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:16 pm

Ditto. What an amazing mod. I love you all.

swiv
Recruit

Post by swiv » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Agreed!... Just installed this gem after many yrs, surprised i still had cd..followed all the info to get this running and i'm super impressed, it's like a whole new game. Appreciate all the hard work everyone's put into this.
Always thought this was one of the best SW game/sims out there, but to no avail they never came out with anything else except for maybe the "SW Squadrons" release, tho it lacks the in depth mission campaigns like XWA.....Good job on all the mods/tweaks/gfx nonetheless!
~S~