the Interdictor

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

the Interdictor

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:58 pm

As Flavid has given his blessing to update his Interdictor I thought about opening up a discussion about it and giving ideas on what it could look like I'm in favour or making it look like it's cannon version something like this: Image
Last edited by Blazingfirestorm on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:35 pm

As of now it's not even confirmed that the Interdictor seen in Rebels is actually the same ship as the Immobilizer 418 model seen in XWA or rather a protoype vessel. The Rebels Interdictor is more than twice the Legends Immobilizer's size, which will pretty screw up the game balance. I've had my share of those moments, no thank you!

To be perfectly honest, I am not a huge fan of the Rebels model.
I am even less a fan of being pressured into doing something. And after 2 PMs from you and now this thread, I am slightly getting that feeling.

You are free to discuss about it, of course. Just don't expect me to comply with it. If and when I consider working on a remake, I will the necessary research and determine the best way of interpreting, adopting, changing or mixing designs. I may or may not consider what is being discussed here. In the end it will ultimately be my decision.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:29 pm

Huh. I thought the Interdictor in Rebels was an Immobilizer, but after checking Wookieepedia right now, it’s not. The Immobilizer 418 exists in the Disney Canon and has been featured in several books, and it’s the same size (600 meters long) as the Legends Immobilizer. The Interdictor in Rebels, on the other hand, is almost twice as long (1129 meters) and is referred to as the Interdictor-class.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:56 pm

Huh...I didn't know that I always assumed that they where the same ship I mean Vince is right in the show the ship is a prototype so I wouldn't be surprise that it had variants.