itp & online gaming

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

itp & online gaming

Amon_Ra
Recruit

Post by Amon_Ra » Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:53 pm

Hi!... I installed the itp (upgrades available for the TIEs) and it causes communications problems during online games. Is this a known issue?. I'm using the correct resolution for the patch i have, but i don't understand why this is happening.<P>thanks for your help.

Admiral Alistair
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Admiral Alistair » Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:05 pm

unless everybody in the game has the same exact patches as you installed there will indeed be problems, mainly due to new models having different hitzones than the original TG models. I do believe this is in the FAQ though with slightly different wording...<P>[EDIT] Read <A HREF="http://www.xwaupgrade.com/faq.htm#3c" TARGET=_blank>THIS</A> Image[/EDIT]<p>[This message has been edited by Admiral Alistair (edited 12 February 2002).]
Admiral Alistair

TheOneNamedViper
Cadet 1st Class

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:06 pm

AFAIK, you have to make sure that the guy you're playing against has the same upgrades as you have, or you're asking for errors. If both of you have the same upgrades installed, I wouldn't know what the problem is.
Now playing: Empire Earth 2 and Edge of Chaos.<BR>Coming up: XWA yet again...

Amon_Ra
Recruit

Post by Amon_Ra » Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:13 pm

having the same patch version means that all players must use the same resolution too?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:45 pm

you emailed me but, you have your answer now Image
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:22 pm

The EXE data and models USED has to be identical.<P>------------------<BR>We must stand together,<BR>Or we will fall!
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.