Problems with LightCalCruiser

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Problems with LightCalCruiser

NetMan008
Recruit

Post by NetMan008 » Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:33 pm

Hello everyone!<BR>My name is Netman and I am glad to be part of the XWAUP Forums. I am having troubles with the new LightCalCruiser. The cruiser itself is covered with blank, white textures and the mission's backdrop appears as a blank white square. This only occurs in missions where the LightCruiser is involved, and does not occur when the lame TG OPT is used. I am sorry if this post belongs on another board, but I figured that since it directly relates to the XWAUP, I should post it here<P>Thank you for any help!<BR>NetMan
XWAUP Forums

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:42 pm

1. Welcome to the XWAU!!<BR>2. I think that you need Hardware rendering to view most of the new craft, including the MC40. If you are using software rendering. then that is probably your problem. If not, the I don't know.<P>------------------<BR>Star Trekkin' across the universe, <BR>Only goin' forward because we can't find reverse!!
End of line...

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:43 pm

You need to have Hardware Mode and not Software Mode. Almost all XWAU craft need Hardware Mode, I believe.<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeeper/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

NetMan008
Recruit

Post by NetMan008 » Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:01 pm

I use a ATI RAGE LT PRO AGP accelerator at 640x480. My Windows screen resolution is at 1152x864. I am sorry for not being as specific as possible earlier.
XWAUP Forums

Ypoknons
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Ypoknons » Wed Feb 13, 2002 12:58 pm

Now that's a card I haven't seen for some time. Image By the time XWAU came out, I had switched to TNT2. Anyways, Crespin is right. Just go into the options menu, go into graphical options, and enable hardware mode. That should fix the problem. <BR>If it doesn't, is the MC40 the only XWAU craft in your game? If not, do any another craft have that problem? And also, the routine check: You do have the latest XWA version, don't you? Image
Webmaster of <A HREF="http://www.optreview.iwarp.com" TARGET=_blank>OPT Review.com</A> . Also staff member here.