Publicity?

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Publicity?

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Mon Oct 22, 2001 9:36 pm

I have a question that I think is "marginally" relevant: Whatever happened to all the publicity that this project was trying to get? Wasn't Nob or someone supposed to be in charge of that? Has anyone tried to get the word of this out to groups/magazines/gaming sites that would bring people to download? I remember seeing a review way back in the day on some gaming website before the RFP was released but nothing since then. I think with all the excellent and amazing work that's been done here that at least this project would deserve a sidebar or footnote in PC Gamer!<P>Anybody know anything that's been tried?
Am I supposed to put something witty here?

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:57 pm

Well, we did try, and at first we did get some attention, though never that much. I donT' knwo why, but it didn't work out.<BR>Nowadays XWA is simply too old to get mcuh attention I guess...<P>------------------<BR>Murphy was an optimist!<BR><B>I</B> am a pessimist!<BR>Webmaster of the <A HREF="http://www.xwaupgrade.com" TARGET=_blank>X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project</A>
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Tue Oct 23, 2001 5:17 pm

Lacasfarts need to pull their finger out and bring out a completely new game in the X-Wing series, this time one that has been developed to take advantage of the latest computer technology. They have held more than 1 poll asking what peoples favourite series is, and X-Wing wins every time. So what do they do? Re-packade X-Wing and Tie Fighter using the XvT engine. FOOLS!!!<P>------------------<BR>Star Trekkin' across the universe, <BR>Only goin' forward because we can't find reverse!!
End of line...

aiel
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by aiel » Tue Oct 23, 2001 7:29 pm

I just emailed them AGAIN about XWA about a week ago after I noticed that one of the writers mentioned he was playing XWA (had finished up to bacta convoy mission) in the December issue. Maybe...

General Taskeen
Ensign

Post by General Taskeen » Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:26 pm

Hopefully LucasArts will realize what a big mistake they did by not noticing this project and what is left of the XWA community.<P>------------------<BR>I'll do virtually anything to ensure that the Alliance topples the Empire.
Jg26[Gj37]/|Taskeen<BR><A HREF="http://bf1942.battleforeurope.com" TARGET=_blank>BFE</A>

dugg
Galactic Empire

Post by dugg » Wed Oct 24, 2001 6:07 pm

PC GAMER UK goes on a bit about XWA from time to time, maybe I could e-mail about this. They do have a section on internet mods and stuff. And to be serious the XWAU quality suppasses even professional work. Believe me! Image<BR>
Dlya Slavi Bolshyevestskoy Empyeree!

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Thu Oct 25, 2001 4:02 am

Does anybody out there then have any sort of new or try-it-again ideas that we could try to use to get publications and new people interested in this project?<P>I mean by all accounts this game is a classic - being the last in the X-Wing Series and all and people all over still play classic games (like Doom and JK). Why wouldn't it be possible to get some sites/groups/magazines to mention this project just in passing?<P>Hell, I'd even do it myself if I knew what to do other than stuffing PC Gamer's email box with info and pictures and stuff. I'm open to any new ideas if y'all wanna put them out.
Am I supposed to put something witty here?

Kane
Ensign

Post by Kane » Thu Oct 25, 2001 9:25 pm

In a PC Gamer mag recently there was a top 50 list of games of all time.<BR>Severaly Lucas Arts games were on there including the Dark Forces Series and Monkey Island Series. Guess which one was the highest up? You guessed it The X-wing series was 16th in PC gamers list. Not bad really.<P>------------------<BR>I still say it looks like a duck. - Guybrush Threepwood
I still say it looks like a duck. - Guybrush Threepwood