Light Calamari Cruiser...bug ?

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Light Calamari Cruiser...bug ?

Weasel
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Weasel » Wed Feb 06, 2002 10:00 pm

This may only be the games wonderful AI, but I am having probs with craft landing on the Light Cal. Its sorta like with the VSD, the ships will just circle around the hanger and not land. The old TG Light Cal doesn`t seem to have this "bug"...

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Feb 06, 2002 10:09 pm

Hmmm..... did Andy forget to add a AI Hangar Harpoint??<P>No he added it, but I just checked the TG version and there isn't a AI hangar hardpoint on it, weird!<p>[This message has been edited by Darksaber (edited 06 February 2002).]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

pimangalaxy
Ensign

Post by pimangalaxy » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:43 am

did XWAU resize it or something. maybe thats the prob.<P>------------------<BR>I'm Confused!<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/pimangalaxy" TARGET=_blank>DemonLair Official Website</A>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Sag your pants!<BR>I'm Confused!<BR>Be More Mature!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/pimangalaxy" TARGET=_blank>DemonLair Official Website</A>

Admiral Andy
XWAU Member

Post by Admiral Andy » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:41 pm

No. It's the same size as the standard Light Cal.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:23 pm

Hm, maybe because the original TG wasn't intended as a mothership they didn't add a hangar hardpoint. Makes sense, though it still doesn't explain the XWAU problem.<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeeper/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!<p>[This message has been edited by General Edor Crespin (edited 07 February 2002).]
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:43 pm

If I remember correctly, only <B> (2) </B> Calamari cruisers, the Calamarwinged.opt and the Calamarinew.opt were slated only to be able to have AI ships go in automatically (hangar hardpoints), unless you switch them for a certain mission you want to use it for (Lt. Calamari cruiser), then switch it back...after you are finished with that mission, just a thought... Image<P>Sincerely, rogue518<P><p>[This message has been edited by rogue518 (edited 07 February 2002).]
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Weasel
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Weasel » Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:12 pm

um I'm not sure what you said there Rogue..<P>I have a mission where a CRL is boarded and captured. To play up the boarding operation two shuttles, one with troopers and one with a bridge crew to pilot the captured ship land on the CRL. This mission works fine with the TG CRL. The two shuttles fly directly to the hanger, close wings and land...but now they just circle and circle and most of the time will eventually crash into the CRL. I know nothing about opting, but just watching what happens during the mission, with the TG opt the shuttles apporach from the bottem of the CRL and enter the hanger under the "overlap" but with the XWAUP they "wave off" at the last second and pull up to avoid the CRL. Its as if the opening is blocked or something....<p>[This message has been edited by Weasel (edited 07 February 2002).]

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:44 pm

Check JM's website regarding Opts placement (capital ships) I think he explains it better that I could.... All I know is that there are only 2 slots for capital ships for you to fly in normally the calamariwinged.opt and the calamarinew.opt cruisers. that if you want to see the hangar normally (not disstorted). But as far as other ships i'm not sure... you probably want to send Admiral Andy an e-mail.<P><BR>Sincerely, rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:45 pm

I think, rogue518, that that is if you wish to use to fly from/into a hangar, in your fighter. If you wish to do that you must do what you stated. But Weasel is having trouble getting the AI shuttles to fly into the XWAUP CRL even though it worked fine before with the TG ones.<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeeper/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:49 pm

Check JM's website regarding Opts placement (capital ships) I think he explains it better that I could.... All I know is that there are only 2 slots for capital ships for you to fly in normally the calamariwinged.opt and the calamarinew.opt cruisers. that if you want to see the hangar normally (not disstorted). But as far as other ships i'm not sure... you probably want to send Admiral Andy an e-mail. Remember the case with the <B> Dreadnaught? </B> that was the same scenerio..... before JM fixed it. Send Admiral Andy an e-mail.... that's is the only advice I can give you, and yeah Crespin, that is what Weasel's problem is ,I mis-understood... thanks. <P><BR>Sincerely, rogue518<P><p>[This message has been edited by rogue518 (edited 07 February 2002).]

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:04 pm

Rogue it has nothing to do with the hangars or which slot it's place in.<P>The AI hangar hardpoint theoretically controls where the AI craft land, if a AI craft such as a squad of fighters or a shuttle is ordered to land after or during the battle it will land in the hangar and disappear into the starship where the AI hangar hardpoint is placed.<P>If the starship does not have this hardpoint the AI fighters or shuttle fly around in circles and eventually crash or be destoryed, making the mission in which your flying void, as the goals can not be completed.<P>But this has me stumped!<P>Weasle have you tried setting the AI hangar hardpoint to none using MXvTED?<P>If not try it, if this works, then the Light Cal may not need the hardpoint as previously thought.<P>Or, in your mission are the shuttles or what ever set to fly around in way-point?<P>And that you haven't set the goal for the shuttles to land.<P>I'm not mission builder so I'm not sure about this!<P>------------------<BR>Good Things Came To Those Who Waited
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:20 pm

Thanks Darksaber.... like I said, I mis-understood. It just reminds me now, of the problem we had with the Dreadnaught before JM fixed it...<P>Sincerely, rogue518

Weasel
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Weasel » Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:24 pm

Thanks Darksaber, that worked perfectly. They flew to the hanger, closed wings and landed. Just perfect! Image <P>I went into MXvTED and opened up the opt and went through the meshes and found "39: (AI Hanger)" and set it to none just as you said Image<P>To answer your other quesitons, nope no way-points are set. I just have them set to launch when the CRL is disabled with orders to "fly home",with home being set as the CRL. A stormtrooper trans does the actual capture operation. While they land, heh I wanted to try to make it seem realistic.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Weasel (edited 08 February 2002).]

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:38 pm

Since I'm at work I just made a copy of this, and will check my setting also.. ( minus the gibburish I spilled out... Image )<P>Sincerely, rogue518

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:39 pm

Ok then, well this hardpoint thing on the Light Cal needs to be tested, if found that the craft land ok with the hardpoint disabled then Andy will need to make the change to it and update it.<P>More tests will need to be done, to find whether this is required or not.
- John Lydgate

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:52 pm

It's probably something funny in the EXE. I think if TG didn't, or did do it then you need to copy them.<P>------------------<BR>We must stand together,<BR>Or we will fall!
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.