The X-Wing Outpost is online!

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

The X-Wing Outpost is online!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:39 pm

XW Outpost Logo.png

https://www.xwingoutpost.com/

The X-Wing Outpost is now in orbit!!

Welcome to the new relaunch of The X-Wing Outpost from Ace Antilles! It's been a long time coming but it's finally back online!
There's still a lot of sections unfinished but if I didn't release what I have done then I may never get it sorted! So have patience.
I will be gradually adding to the sections when I can and real life permits me.

Here is a rundown on the sections you can find on The X-Wing Outpost:
Battle of Endor Update: One of my original mods is undergoing a 2020 revamp with better quality.
Downloads: I've added downloads for some of the major and most useful XWA tools and editors.
Missions: These are my old hosted Missions but I've also added some cool Skirmish files to use.
Sounds: I will be hosting some great Sound upgrades to use to make your game sound better.
Starships: This will be for any Opt files. I hope to add some of the older but still great ships in the future.
Upgrades: Crew Rooms, Video upgrades and other great tweaks to the game can be found here.

​XW Series: I will add a few nice bits to this section as I can find them but the majority will be for XWA.
Downloads: I will have general other Star Wars or fun downloads in the future.
Forum: You can visit my forum area on the XWA Upgrade site for news or sneak peeks.

Websites have changed a lot in over 10 years! It's taken time to rebuild it so I hope you like what I have done.
I'm working on 2 brand new major updates for XW Alliance which I will hope to be releasing asap. One very soon.

If you remember my site from the good old days, then welcome back. If you're a new visitor, greetings! Tell your friends. Enjoy.​
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:39 pm

New Update.png

Some brand new stuff is available now.

XWA HD Cutscenes Created by Marcop000
Marco was very kind to let me host his video upgrades. He has upscaled the existing XWA movies to widescreen and improved them to a higher quality.
You can also choose to download the Italian language versions too.

XWA Movie Crawl v1.0 Created by Angel, with Evil Mark and Ace Antilles.
The XWA Movie Crawl replaces the Intro_Final cutscene video in the game with a new HD version. It adds the classic A long time ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away to the video and a brand new HD title crawl.
I asked Angel if he could take an idea and video from Evil Mark and he improved it and merged it all into a great video.

Missions
Put up 2 of the old missions I hosted before. Hopefully they still play ok.

Skirmish Files.
With so many old websites vanishing I wanted to try and get cool old stuff back into users hands.
So I've hosted nearly 300 Skirmish files created years ago for people to have fun with.

XWA Downloads
I've hosted or linked to some of the big XWA editor files.

I've still got so much more to do but as previously said it's taken 6 months to get to this stage :D
I wanted to start slow and see how it went. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:01 pm

:2thumbs:

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:04 pm

Great to see you back! I will go and add your site to my links section on my website. Always loved the Evacuate Echo Base mission you made too. Sharp looking site too, congrats!
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles
https://www.freewebs.com/redleaderxwa/

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:33 pm

Red_Leader wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:04 pm
Great to see you back! I will go and add your site to my links section on my website. Always loved the Evacuate Echo Base mission you made too. Sharp looking site too, congrats!
Thanks. I always planned an update to that mission but I doubt I will get around to it.
Not even played it myself in over 10 years

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:36 pm

New Update.png

I've updated my website! A brand new project I've been working on for a long time is finally released.
https://www.xwingoutpost.com/

XWA Movie Crawl v1.1: I've updated the XWA Movie Crawl installer. It was conflicting with the XWA HD Cutscenes version as it is MP4 and the other AVI. The game played the AVI first. So now it will backup and delete the AVI version when installed. So you can decide which version you want to use.

XWA Interface Update: The XWA Interface Update upgrades the look of most of the menu screens found in the Flight Simulator room and others. It replaces nearly all the interface images stored in the Frontend2.dat file. Many of them look a little dated so I thought it would be fun to update them with brand new images featuring craft made by the XWAU. See the dedicated Forum topic for more details about this.

InterfaceUpdate.png

X-Wing Outpost Update: Read the news page for a teaser on my next update.

I want to wish everyone who visits and still enjoys these Star Wars games a very Happy New Year! :silvester_up: