The X-Wing Outpost is online!

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

The X-Wing Outpost is online!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:39 pm

XW Outpost Logo.png

https://www.xwingoutpost.com/

The X-Wing Outpost is now in orbit!!

Welcome to the new relaunch of The X-Wing Outpost from Ace Antilles! It's been a long time coming but it's finally back online!
There's still a lot of sections unfinished but if I didn't release what I have done then I may never get it sorted! So have patience.
I will be gradually adding to the sections when I can and real life permits me.

Here is a rundown on the sections you can find on The X-Wing Outpost:
Battle of Endor Update: One of my original mods is undergoing a 2020 revamp with better quality.
Downloads: I've added downloads for some of the major and most useful XWA tools and editors.
Missions: These are my old hosted Missions but I've also added some cool Skirmish files to use.
Sounds: I will be hosting some great Sound upgrades to use to make your game sound better.
Starships: This will be for any Opt files. I hope to add some of the older but still great ships in the future.
Upgrades: Crew Rooms, Video upgrades and other great tweaks to the game can be found here.

​XW Series: I will add a few nice bits to this section as I can find them but the majority will be for XWA.
Downloads: I will have general other Star Wars or fun downloads in the future.
Forum: You can visit my forum area on the XWA Upgrade site for news or sneak peeks.

Websites have changed a lot in over 10 years! It's taken time to rebuild it so I hope you like what I have done.
I'm working on 2 brand new major updates for XW Alliance which I will hope to be releasing asap. One very soon.

If you remember my site from the good old days, then welcome back. If you're a new visitor, greetings! Tell your friends. Enjoy.​
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:39 pm

New Update.png

Some brand new stuff is available now.

XWA HD Cutscenes Created by Marcop000
Marco was very kind to let me host his video upgrades. He has upscaled the existing XWA movies to widescreen and improved them to a higher quality.
You can also choose to download the Italian language versions too.

XWA Movie Crawl v1.0 Created by Angel, with Evil Mark and Ace Antilles.
The XWA Movie Crawl replaces the Intro_Final cutscene video in the game with a new HD version. It adds the classic A long time ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away to the video and a brand new HD title crawl.
I asked Angel if he could take an idea and video from Evil Mark and he improved it and merged it all into a great video.

Missions
Put up 2 of the old missions I hosted before. Hopefully they still play ok.

Skirmish Files.
With so many old websites vanishing I wanted to try and get cool old stuff back into users hands.
So I've hosted nearly 300 Skirmish files created years ago for people to have fun with.

XWA Downloads
I've hosted or linked to some of the big XWA editor files.

I've still got so much more to do but as previously said it's taken 6 months to get to this stage :D
I wanted to start slow and see how it went. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:01 pm

:2thumbs:

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:04 pm

Great to see you back! I will go and add your site to my links section on my website. Always loved the Evacuate Echo Base mission you made too. Sharp looking site too, congrats!
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles
https://www.freewebs.com/redleaderxwa/

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:33 pm

Red_Leader wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:04 pm
Great to see you back! I will go and add your site to my links section on my website. Always loved the Evacuate Echo Base mission you made too. Sharp looking site too, congrats!
Thanks. I always planned an update to that mission but I doubt I will get around to it.
Not even played it myself in over 10 years

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:36 pm

New Update.png

I've updated my website! A brand new project I've been working on for a long time is finally released.
https://www.xwingoutpost.com/

XWA Movie Crawl v1.1: I've updated the XWA Movie Crawl installer. It was conflicting with the XWA HD Cutscenes version as it is MP4 and the other AVI. The game played the AVI first. So now it will backup and delete the AVI version when installed. So you can decide which version you want to use.

XWA Interface Update: The XWA Interface Update upgrades the look of most of the menu screens found in the Flight Simulator room and others. It replaces nearly all the interface images stored in the Frontend2.dat file. Many of them look a little dated so I thought it would be fun to update them with brand new images featuring craft made by the XWAU. See the dedicated Forum topic for more details about this.

InterfaceUpdate.png

X-Wing Outpost Update: Read the news page for a teaser on my next update.

I want to wish everyone who visits and still enjoys these Star Wars games a very Happy New Year! :silvester_up:

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:51 am

Hi everybody! I hope you've been enjoying my new Interface. Here's a quick update about my site and projects.
Obviously 2020 was not the year people wanted and my time has been divided between a lot of areas.
The majority of my time has been spent making the XWAU Update 2 and future releases which obviously benefits us all.

I've just finished prepping a new release I hope to put up soon. It's a brand new Opt I'm hosting for a great creator. :)
I also want to get a few old classics back online that aren't available anywhere now. It takes some time to try and make them 2021 ready.

The Battle of Endor is still coming but I've been distracted. I did finish off one of the Endor missions but since then the briefing has changed so I will need to remake some of it. The videos are ready and the sounds mostly but I need to do a few changes.

One of the large areas I've been working on slowly for the last year is a new Sound Upgrade for the game!
It's needed a lot of work and tuning to make things work in the limits of the game but it's in the final testing stages.
Every time I think I have an area finished I find something even better to add to it :lachtot:
I've got some interesting ideas to enhance the Campaign story more and there's other cool stuff I can't talk about right now :D

So I'm sorry that there's still a lot of blank areas but I hope that many will start filling up soon. MTFBWY!

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:15 am

Host all my shiz I've uploaded previously/that's been updated since too would ya? P&TY.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:38 pm

Driftwood wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:15 am
Host all my shiz I've uploaded previously/that's been updated since too would ya? P&TY.
You'll have to PM me a list lol I've got more plans for the site then time.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:48 am

Hey everyone! Just wanted to leave a message as I know it's been quiet on updates on my site.
Right now I'm going through a sad life changing issue with my family. So my time creating or doing stuff has been very limited.

More than that though I've been concentrating on working with the XWAU Team on the next big update.
Some of it will have impact on things like the Battle of Endor and also other ship releases.
The idea is to make things more compatible and simpler with releasing mods hopefully.
So when that is a bit further along it will help to make other new or old Opts slot into XWAU 2020 easier.

I hope to bring some cool stuff to everyone in the future. In the meantime I hope you all checked out my Sound Upgrade pack and enjoyed it.
May the Force be with you. Always :)

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:39 pm

I'm sorry mate, I wish you all the strength to face what life throws at you in these times. Take all the time you need!!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

theonegalen
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by theonegalen » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:03 am

Ace, you've given so much to this project over the years, you certainly deserve a break! When it comes to family issues vs. videogames, family wins every time. Thanks for all you've done.

JinKazama16
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by JinKazama16 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:24 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:39 pm
New Update.png

XWA HD Cutscenes Created by Marcop000
Marco was very kind to let me host his video upgrades. He has upscaled the existing XWA movies to widescreen and improved them to a higher quality.
You can also choose to download the Italian language versions too.
Hi Ace,

Regarding the HD Cutscenes i notice its on Stereo. and the vanilla one is on Surround
or because .avi doesn't support surround?
Han Solo: She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:30 pm

JinKazama16 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:24 pm
Hi Ace,
Regarding the HD Cutscenes i notice its on Stereo. and the vanilla one is on Surround
or because .avi doesn't support surround?
@marcop000 would know about that more.
I don't know if the surround sound could have been imported or not. Often we have to compromise in places.

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:36 pm

Avi files container support surround file. Before upscaling the cutscenes I have used a tool that convert snm to avi:

https://github.com/JeremyAnsel/XwaSnmConverter

after the conversion the audio is stereo.

This tool is not made by me and I don't known how is possible change the channel numbers.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:28 pm

I know a guy, who knows a guy. ;)
Might be something possible to do but not in the near future

JinKazama16
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by JinKazama16 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:06 pm

marcop000 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:36 pm
Avi files container support surround file. Before upscaling the cutscenes I have used a tool that convert snm to avi:

This tool is not made by me and I don't known how is possible change the channel numbers.
Oh i See i'm thinking about doing some editing for it :D
like splitting the audio on vanilla videos and merging it on HD
Han Solo: She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:08 pm

Yes, but without a tool that convert snm to mutichannel audio is not possible.

The best way is modifing the source code of this tool on github.

Today (and not only today) I have worked 10 hours for my job and I don't have time to do it, and sunday and saturday I need to study for microsoft certification (and not for my decision).

Another solution (the best probably) is contact the developer of this source code, but for what I know he is busy and not still active like in past.

If someone else can do it will be a very good news.

JinKazama16 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:06 pm
marcop000 wrote:

JinKazama16
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by JinKazama16 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:59 am

marcop000 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:08 pm
Yes, but without a tool that convert snm to mutichannel audio is not possible.

The best way is modifing the source code of this tool on github.

Today (and not only today) I have worked 10 hours for my job and I don't have time to do it, and sunday and saturday I need to study for microsoft certification (and not for my decision).

Another solution (the best probably) is contact the developer of this source code, but for what I know he is busy and not still active like in past.

If someone else can do it will be a very good news.

JinKazama16 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:06 pm
marcop000 wrote:

I've tried using Filmforth saying cannot convert the file but if i tried to scale the vanilla video from .mp4 but its pixelated :D i'll try another tool Adobe Premiere Maybe

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:54 am

This upscale was made by using topaz video enhance ai that use Neural AI.

Acually there other alternatives but the final result is not always good.

However the problem is not the upscale that in this case is more or less good, but the audio that not depend by the upscale tool.

In short if I were in your place, I will search a way to convert snm to another format that keep the audio in multichannel.

And then replace the audio on the upscaled avi.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:18 pm

X-Wing Outpost Update: New updated release online NOW!
Check out the news page or the very next post in this Forum.

Sorry it's been a while since I updated my site. When I've had some free time I've been busy working on XWA Upgrade projects too.
Some you will see very very soon!

​I still have many things I want to do with the site but a lot of them depend on future updates to the XWA Upgrade.
So I am spending a lot of my time on that. The idea is to make things more custom friendly and that will help.
I'll try and add more stuff when I can.
I want to wish everyone a great Thanksgiving or Black Friday and let's hope we get a white Christmas!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:59 am

News Update

Greetings Pilots! Long time no see. I'm sorry for a lack of updates, so I thought I would give a quick explanation.
The last year or so has been very difficult for me. I lost a close family member, I've just moved house and other areas have taken more importance. So my personal projects have had to take a backseat. I restarted this website during Lockdown and I knew that free time would be hard once it ended. I have more ideas than I have time for.

The good news is I have been doing a lot of work for XWA Upgrade. When the next Mega Patch is released that will allow much more freedom to add custom craft and mods easier hopefully. So rather than release things twice the focus has been to make XWAU the best it can be.

Saying that, I will be having a new release on this site very soon!!
I am working with DTM to release an updated version of one of his classic fighters but with new modern extras.
It will have all the recent features that the XWAU supports including a cool Dynamic Cockpit!

So watch this space for that soon. I leave you by saying that the next XWAU release is looking amazing! ;-)

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:59 am

I'm looking so much forward to that!
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:23 pm

yeah me too.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:09 am

Just a quick FYI for everyone.
It's been brought up that the A-wing and Naboo Fighter on the site cause problems when used together.
They use different exe slots but they are set to the same LST area.

I'm looking at ways to sort that out but when the 2023 version is finally done it will help make some modding easier.
The plan is to update or re-release files as needed anyway.
So if you have any issues you might want to use the MXVTED or XWA Workspace methods to install 2 ships at once for now.

I have so many ideas that I would like to do for my website but life has not been good to me at times of late.
Also so many cool things going on and other great games, so it's kinda distracting :lachtot:
Still lots of work continues by myself and the team to make XWAU amazing. So things progress. :D

Thank you to all the people who have checked out my site and looked at the things I have made so far, and the few I host.
Maybe when we've made XWAU almost perfect I can get back to some mods ;)