Docking bay models

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Docking bay models

Freelancer_MSE
Lieutenant JG

Post by Freelancer_MSE » Sat May 11, 2002 10:14 pm

These are just rough ideas of the docking bays. I can make them better when they are approved. <P><B>1.</B> <BR> :D<p>[ 12 May 2002: Message edited by: Freelancer_MSE ]
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat; the two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.

Slade
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Slade » Sun May 12, 2002 3:43 pm

i like the secound.
One is born only to die.... LIVE IT UP!

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Mon May 13, 2002 4:09 am

Thanks for doing that model <B>Freelancer_MSE</B>. It is much appreciated. :) I'm going to think about it for awhile and come up with a response including suggested changes. I'm glad we now have something tangible to make changes to and refine. <P><B>Ace</B>, jump in with your suggestions any time too. :)
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Michal
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Michal » Mon May 13, 2002 1:08 pm

The second one is better.
My current project X-Wing Game Series Twitter
My old project X-Wing Series Site, still online

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Tue May 14, 2002 6:54 pm

my suggestion is that you merge the two ideas together. i.e, instead of a dome in the second piccy, use idea one's indent, and keep those square slots aswell, and add some buildings stuff.<BR>But then again, my suggestions don't count for much these days.
Texturing the <B>XWAUP Hyper Bouy</B><P><I>(Its gonna blow your mind)</I>

Gank
XWAU Member

Post by Gank » Tue May 14, 2002 7:59 pm

Heres a pic of the docking bay on Tatooine from the ep2 trailer. Not sure if its Mos Eisley though<BR> Image

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue May 14, 2002 10:59 pm

No 2 is nice but it's not Mos Eisley! There's no dome for a starter.<BR>No 1 is closer but of course needs detail.<P>The picture Gank posted is I believe exactly the same docking bays from Mos Eisley.<BR>I think this is a perfect image to base work of. Also if anyone has a pic of the CGI Falcon blasting out of Mos Eisley then that should be good reference too.<BR>When I have time I'll try to track it down.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue May 14, 2002 11:32 pm

Image <P>Shows the docking bays perfectly!<BR>Not as smart as the EP2 ones but then by this time not much is.<BR>These bays show in a few images from the Special Edition and look to be the real deal.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Freelancer_MSE
Lieutenant JG

Post by Freelancer_MSE » Wed May 15, 2002 6:24 am

So which one should I make, the ones you posted Ace or the ones Gank posted?
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat; the two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.

koollook14
Lieutenant JG

Post by koollook14 » Wed May 15, 2002 6:57 pm

I would believe Ace's one, I guess, cause isn't your project supposed to be during Eps. 4, 5, and 6
Founder, Owner, and Opereator of <A HREF="http://www.thenewfrontier.net/" TARGET=_blank>The New Frontier</A> (Currently down for a re-write)<P>Please visit <A HREF="http://forums.thenewfrontier.net/" TARGET=_blank>my forums</A>.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Sat May 18, 2002 3:03 am

Freelancer, go ahead and make the spaceport from the pic that Ace posted. The shipset is based on the Episode IV movie, so why not model the spaceport after it. You can add a little more detail, but one detail that it crucial is the <B>overhang at ground level inside the hangar.</B> The stormtroopers that fired upon the Falcon were standing underneath the said overhang. <P>Hope this helps. :)<P>[Edit]Oh, and one more thing, please make the hangar floor somewhat higher than the base of the hangar building itself. This will help keep the surface OPT from "bleeding" through at certain angles. When two parallel surfaces are really close together, the XWA engine gets confused as to which surface to show. In other words, sometimes you would see the surface OPT textures "bleeding" through the hangar floor.[/Edit]<p>[ 18 May 2002: Message edited by: Abolisher ]
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Freelancer_MSE
Lieutenant JG

Post by Freelancer_MSE » Sat May 18, 2002 5:59 am

Ok, I'll get to work on it right away. But progress may be a little slower seeing as I got a GameCube and Rogue Leader. I'm not sure though, but is there even a ground in EpIV? Isn't it just sand? I'll just go and check the movie. I'll be finished most likely tommorow.

Hawkeye1
Ensign

Post by Hawkeye1 » Sat May 18, 2002 6:24 am

I'd look for a pic of the actual docking bay the falcon was in, judging from the size of the speeder when compared with those buildings in the pic they aren't big enough for anything larger than a small fighter. I'd say make some of those smaller ones, as well as some of the larger ones like in the other pic from Ep II.
What? LOL! Sigs are for losers!! I wouldn't be caught dead using a sig!