So long and thanks for all the CRAP

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

So long and thanks for all the CRAP

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:10 pm

The title says it all, thats right I'm outta here<P>Site closure Saturday 8th Feb 2002<P>So get your downloads while you can it will be your last chance.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

jedisponge
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by jedisponge » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:12 pm

i wish you wouldn't go, but see ya and good luck to wherever you wind up dude.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:19 pm

I hate to lose people of your caliber. You're a great modeller and OPTer, for me one of the greatest(truly). A great talent is lost with you!<P>Good luck and my best wishes to you!<P>------------------<BR>General Vince Trageton<BR>UPMF Supreme Commander<BR><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/twilightskies/coruscant/" TARGET=_blank>The Imperial City Project</A><BR><A HREF="http://gamersparadise.zeonhost.com/TBP/Home.htm" TARGET=_blank>The Blue Phantom</A><p>[This message has been edited by General_Trageton (edited 28 January 2002).]
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:20 pm

You've got to be kidding?!?! Well, I'm off to download the entire contents of the site.
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Ice Knight
Ensign

Post by Ice Knight » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:29 pm

Noooo!!!!! you can't!!!! Why Darksaber? WHY? Why are you closing????

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:34 pm

This is a day the I have been dreading since I first came to your website. I always thought to be honest, you had the <B> best </B> website in the entire XWA community a lot of information available here, the <B> BEST </B> opts anywhere!!... will hate to see you go, and I really mean that. I will be following DataDroid's actions as soon as I get home from work. This is a sad day indeed!!!... Image Image Good luck, and thanks for making X-Wing Alliance (which is my favorite game by the way, from people like you and a few others regarding, OPT making) A whole lot better image wise!! Alot better than Totally Games made it.<P>Sincerely, rogue518<P><p>[This message has been edited by rogue518 (edited 28 January 2002).]
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

ACE
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ACE » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:35 pm

You have done more than you needed to for the community and no one can hold you back from your decision I just hope you find another place to show your talent, I am just sad to see you go... I just want to thank you so much for all your great work, as some would say may the force be with you.<P>------------------<BR>Aaron<BR>Deputy Project Leader<BR><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/twilightskies/coruscant" TARGET=_blank>Imperial City Project</A><BR>Co-Founder<BR><A HREF="http://gamersparadise.zeonhost.com" TARGET=_blank>Gamer's Paridise</A><p>[This message has been edited by ACE (edited 28 January 2002).]

Ace Knight 1
Commander

Post by Ace Knight 1 » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:44 pm

You will be missed...you were and still are the man!<BR>Goodbye DS an thank you for keeping this community strong. <I>goes off thinking</I><P>------------------<BR>Ace Knight 1,<P>Mobile<BR>Agile<BR>Hostile<p>[This message has been edited by Ace Knight 1 (edited 28 January 2002).]
Now We've rewritten history.<BR>The one thing that we found out.<BR>The sweet taste of vindication.<BR>Just turns to ashes in your mouth.<P>Where do we go from here?<BR>And should we really care?<BR>The end is finally here,<BR>God have mercy...

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:44 pm

I'm with Trageton. You had the absolute best site and the best-looking starfighter opts I've ever seen. No more need be said..<P>Good luck wherever the road leads you.<P>------------------<BR>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeeper/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR><B>UPDATE 1/22/02:</B> 10 New <A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeepe ... loads.html" TARGET=_blank>Skirmish Pictures</A> Added!<P>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

General Taskeen
Ensign

Post by General Taskeen » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:45 pm

The XWA community is withering away....<P>------------------<BR>I'll do virtually anything to ensure that the Alliance topples the Empire.
Jg26[Gj37]/|Taskeen<BR><A HREF="http://bf1942.battleforeurope.com" TARGET=_blank>BFE</A>

I Play Runescape 2.0
Cadet 1st Class

Post by I Play Runescape 2.0 » Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:22 am

This means the XWAU has lost another member and the best site for OPTs is gone...
Cheeseburgers are tasty.<BR>Cheeseburgers with bacon are divine.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:26 am

We <B>are</B> the future. As long as we remain, the X-Wing: Alliance editing community lives on.<P>------------------<BR>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeeper/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR><B>UPDATE 1/22/02:</B> 10 New <A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeepe ... loads.html" TARGET=_blank>Skirmish Pictures</A> Added!<P>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!

Ace Knight 1
Commander

Post by Ace Knight 1 » Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:33 am

Hey Crespin I wonder were you heard that Image<BR> Image<P>*continues downloading*
Now We've rewritten history.<BR>The one thing that we found out.<BR>The sweet taste of vindication.<BR>Just turns to ashes in your mouth.<P>Where do we go from here?<BR>And should we really care?<BR>The end is finally here,<BR>God have mercy...

JC
XWAU Member

Post by JC » Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:43 am

You are the past.

Ace Knight 1
Commander

Post by Ace Knight 1 » Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:48 am

Who is the past JC?

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Mon Jan 28, 2002 1:09 am

Well, since I haven't contributed anything yet, don't think it's me. Image<P>------------------<BR>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeeper/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR><B>UPDATE 1/22/02:</B> 10 New <A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeepe ... loads.html" TARGET=_blank>Skirmish Pictures</A> Added!<P>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!

Rich C
Lieutenant

Post by Rich C » Mon Jan 28, 2002 1:53 am

Sad to see you go DS, been visiting your site ever since those annoying eyes that followed your mouse pointer around Image<BR>you've done a lot for the community, and taken a lot of flak for your trouble, good luck mate.<P>Rich.
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

GalaxyGun333
Recruit

Post by GalaxyGun333 » Mon Jan 28, 2002 2:35 am

A sad day indeed.... This is the most dreaded time i've ever feared regarding the XWA editing community since I first found your site. It's also the first XWA site I found on the site (well, besides MJT's, but that was down at the time Image) Farewell, and good luck on wherever fate will have you.
"Ingenious! It's a wonder we didn't think of such a weapon sooner."-Cloned Emperor Palpatine, regarding my namesake :)

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Mon Jan 28, 2002 3:26 am

Noooo! You can't leave! I'm not trying to sound selfish, but I liked the site! Please don't go!<BR>I'm really going to miss the new updates, but at least I can get everything up to now.<BR>Oh well.<BR>Goodbye, Darksaber. May the Force be with you.<P>------------------<BR>Virtue<BR>Knowledge<BR>Strength<BR>Draco429
Eclipse

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Mon Jan 28, 2002 4:54 am

Uhhhh, any chance of us getting that new X-Wing before you go? :-)<P>Anyhew you've been one hell of a mainstay to this community. Thanks for making my favorite game a little bit better. Good luck to ya!
Am I supposed to put something witty here?

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Mon Jan 28, 2002 5:19 am

Darksaber, I want to thank you for all that you've done for the community. Your work has given me and others innumerable hours of enhanced fun with XWA. You and all those who contributed to your work kept XWA alive far longer than it would have otherwise been. XWA was a seemingly good game to us when it was first released. But the hope that it could be made even better, better and better yet, kept the game and this community alive for as long as it has. And the game was made better indeed. That's why we're all still here.<P>I was hoping that the community would stay alive long enough to see the completion of the XWAUP. Even with the departure of Darksaber, I maintain hope this will still happen. Hopefully, we can muster the fleet and see it through.<P>Also, I think the final hope for this community, is another game in the X-wing series, with a whole new engine, and a whole new realm of editing oportunities. If LEC doesn't put out for us, or even if they do, let us all turn and look forward to FreeWing.<P>I will continue work on my atmospheric project, Ashgard Campaign, and atmospheric missions as if nothing happened. I am making them for myself anyway, so I will continue to make them available to the community. I hope others will do the same.<P>Like I said ealier, it is so important for anyone who can to step out of their comfort zones, learn to use the utilities that are out there and contribute. No more posting this or that in the forums while waiting for other people to make things for you. Get off your arses and make something happen. If you don't, nothing will happen, and you'll be left holding unfulfilled dreams of what you wanted XWA to be.<P>Maybe Darksaber is burnt out. Maybe others, the few who work so hard to do everything that can be done with XWA, are burning out. It is time for fresh people to rise up and learn the tools of the trade, and become decent creators of add-ons for XWA. Having discovered an exciting new skill, they can work with zeal and fervor for a long time to come. <P>Darksaber, thanks again for everything. You don't have to leave, and most people don't want you to. But if that is your destiny, then follow it. And wherever you go, may the Force be with you.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Abolisher (edited 28 January 2002).]
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:00 am

That was total <B> BS!! </B> Also <B> un-called for!!! </B> Darksaber, just ignore him!! I knew someone would at least try to ruin this, but it ain't working.. <B> dreddnott!!! </B> and <B> Erai Nalkri </B> Image Image<P>At least his <B> craftsmanship </B> of his work, speaks for itself!! Can you say same? Darksaber if it's sounds that I am <B> sucking-up </B> hell, maybe I am, hell I don't know,I'm just pissed at those last remarks, and what has been happening in the XWA community lately. So Darksaber you have to forgive me on this one...<P> <BR>Sincerely, rogue518<P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by rogue518 (edited 28 January 2002).]
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'