Mission Tie Hook

A Forum dedicated to the Suggestion, Creation and Editing of XWA Dynamic Link Library Files

Moderators: Darksaber, General_Trageton, Forceflow, DTM, JeremyaFr

Re: Mission Tie Hook

Mark_Farlander
Ensign
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu May 14, 2020 9:09 am

@Phoenix Leader
There is a thing you did not consider: when you change the sequence of the Flight Groups in a skirmish mission, you automatically also change the Start 1 point of each FG involved.
Skirmishes are not like missions: the starting position of each craft is calculated taking into account the "Starting distance" setting and the sequence of the Flight Groups.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Mark_Farlander
Ensign
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu May 14, 2020 9:17 am

However, the Starting distance can be increased or decreased to counterbalance the effect while taking into account that fighters are much faster than capital ships.
Each skirmish must be evaluated for the "collateral effects" when changing the sequence of the Flight Groups.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Phoenix Leader
Ensign
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Fri May 15, 2020 2:10 am

I have a question for the author of the Mission Tie Hook (Jeremy): would it be possible to have a version of this hook allowing for Global Unit replacement on a per flight group basis?
This would allow to have squadron numbers for all fighter flight groups, not just for player's flight group.

The downside of editing the "Temp.txt" file to assign each flight group to a distinct Global Unit (and not GU=0) would be that you also have squadron numbers for capital ships.
I mean ISDII Corrupter 1, L/CRS Liberty 1 and so on.
The solution would be to make an exclusion for craft categories restricted to have # Craft Per Wave: 1 and Number of Waves: 1 (starships and stations).

Phoenix Leader
Ensign
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Fri May 15, 2020 2:24 am

I realize that "excluding" 2 craft categories from part of the hook functionalities might be tricky, so I do not demand for it.
I would be more than pleased if "To replace the flight group global unit" were available with the next version of this hook.