XWAU Mega Patch Update 3!

All the XWAU recent release news from the project can be found here

Re: XWAU Mega Patch Update 3!

JustCallMePaige
Cadet 4th Class

Post by JustCallMePaige » Sun May 09, 2021 7:12 pm

JustCallMePaige wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:08 pm
Also, I was trying out XWA Piloteer; is it possible to re-name the FongFong profile in order to have player profile without playing the campaign all over again?
nevermind, I just created a new profile and skipped all missions. It worked very nice and without having to edit the FongFong profile which was broken appearently

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Sun May 09, 2021 9:15 pm

Awesome! The MCs definitely needed an update, glad to have a new platform, the container looks better, the Assault Frigate looks way better, and the asteroids look 500% better! Nice to have an updated UI, the mission changes will be appreciated, all the bug fixes and hook changes are great. Very nice stuff, guys!

PunkFriday
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by PunkFriday » Tue May 11, 2021 8:39 pm

Awesome!

Demis_Russos
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Demis_Russos » Tue May 18, 2021 1:10 pm

Forceflow wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:43 am
Demis_Russos wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 am
I looked at the Config file and confirmed the last pilot as the one I was using. However when I start the game, it takes me all the way back to the start. I think it has scrubbed my pilot.
This is really strange since the installer itself does not touch the pilot file.
Did you check if the pilot-file is still in the directory of your installation? Are there maybe two files with the same name but only a different extension and might your old pilot-file be in the backup folder of the XWAU installation? Last thing I could think of would be do you maybe have two XWA installations and the link now points to the wrong one?
The pilot name was still in the directory of my installation but in-game I was right back at the beginning. There was no PLT file in the Backup folder. I don't believe I have multiple installations of the game on my system.

I have started playing from the beginning and it seems to be working fine. I'm actually enjoying replaying the missions with the updated visuals so I'll continue on with it for now. I might make regular backups of my PLT file in future just in case.

Charger116
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Charger116 » Tue May 18, 2021 8:59 pm

I just installed the pack and had a little play about in the simulator. Full flights of squadrons, capital ships, asteroids... WOW! It's absolutely amazing the job the team have done. It can't be understated how impressive the work you all do is and it's a testament to your dedication and the love we all have for this game that it still feels fresh to this day.

The improvements definitely pack their punch though. First time my game has EVER (from memory at least) crashed... and a noticeable hit on the FPS. Worth it for how beautiful it looks though :D

smm2303
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by smm2303 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:57 pm

Any news of New Update with New Opts?

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:32 pm

smm2303 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:57 pm
Any news of New Update with New Opts?
There are a few remodels in progress and a few completely new ones as well that are close to being done. We are working on update 4 and hope to be able to release that soon™.

As always we will not give out any further details. It will be done when it's done. Also with summer now being a thing and the world coming back to some sort of normalcy regarding COVID I do expect things to slow down on our end as well. People will have less time to work on the project and with everybody being cooped up for so long it's natural to want to get away from the PC for a while.
Do keep in mind that we have released more in the last 18 months than ever before, so patience young Padawan. Although if news on the grapevine are correct big things are coming from somewhere else to keep you occupied...
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Talaris
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Talaris » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:07 pm

If I were to have a guess, it’s the TIE Fighter Total Conversion that is soon to release 😊

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:23 am

Talaris wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:07 pm
If I were to have a guess, it’s the TIE Fighter Total Conversion that is soon to release 😊
What is this "Tie Fighter Total Conversion"?...I never heard of it... :löl: