Hi @Morlock ,Morlock wrote: ↑Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:35 amThank you! Do I install the entire effects pack or just replace the files mentioned in the first post (ddraw.dll and Hook_CockpitLook.dll)? I am not a VR user and am particularly interested in getting my GPU more involved.
Also, with "effects installer", do you mean the XWA Hooks setup?
My apologies, but the instructions are not very transparent to me.
i would do following:
1. Install XWA (i´ve used GOG Version)
2. Install XWAUpdate 2020
3. Install Megapatch 5
4. Install the DDraw-Speedup (explained in thread 1)
5. Use Babu Frik´s Configurator from Launcher to make your settings
Only if you have issues with your joystick / Hotas:
6. Get newest Hook-Joystick_ff.dll with "XWA Hooks Setup" (Download section)
Please update ONLY the Hook_Joystick_ff and NOT all of the hooks !
(you can find the files within the "hooks" folder - copy all files of the "Hook_Joystick_ff" folder to your installation folder)
7. Check with Joystick Configurator, if your Joystick is set correctly
After this you have a stable version to play on a WIndows 10 system with "GPU speed up".
Another tipp: I made a copy of the original installation folder of the GOG-version and installed XWAU there, so i have a "clean" version for upgrade if needed - maybe for XWAU 2022 ... 2024 ...
May the force be with you !