New Release: Imperial Star Destroyer II v2

All the XWAU recent release news from the project can be found here

New Release: Imperial Star Destroyer II v2

User avatar
Ace Antilles

Admiral (Moderator)
Posts: 4655
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2000 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:30 pm

Imperial Star Destroyer II v2.0. Created by General Trageton with Driftwood and DTM.

This Starship has been a while in the making. It could be one of the most detailed ships to date.
(Yet the VSD2 still wins the biggest Opt file size for now)
Many hands have been hard at work on the Opt. Originally converted from SW Galaxies by Driftwood, DTM tuned it and added cool Flightgroup colours.
Finally General Trageton has come in and done some overhauling to the model and tried to make it very screen accurate where possible.
ISD1.jpg
ISD2.jpg
ISD3.jpg
ISD4.jpg
The previous ISD2 from Matt was a modified version of the v1 but this is a complete remake with HD detailed model and textures.
General Trageton has also made a brand new Hangar too! This is great for custom mission makers and will be seen in the TF Total Conversion in the future.
Hangar1.jpg

Ual002 has been going to town with recent Hook improvements from JeremyaFr on the Hangar map placement.
So because of this you have a fully working Hangar full of Imperial ships and Fighters. With roof rack mounted launching, access ladders, lifts and a detailed fighter rail system.
Hangar2.jpg

This new Starship is available to download NOW!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost
Image

User avatar
Ace Antilles

Admiral (Moderator)
Posts: 4655
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2000 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:30 pm

Hangar3.jpg

The ship comes with four great Flightgroup colours created by DTM.
Default Imperial Clean, 2 Gold: Rebel Alliance, 3 Blue: New Republic, 4 Green: ISD Chimaera
FG1.jpg
Gold.jpg

Also a very special fifth custom option. The Errant Venture!
This includes loads of cool advertising billboard banners all over the hull. Created by The Farseer.
ISD5.jpg
ISD6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost
Image

User avatar
rogue518
Commander
XWAU Member
Posts: 2268
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2000 11:01 pm
Contact:

Post by rogue518 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:09 am

Those ISD's and hangers are gorgeous. Almost want me to be an imperial..... almost. :D

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:11 am

The series is complete! It's gonna be really cool putting all these Star Destroyers in the same map somewhere and examining their differences.

Rookie_One1
Lieutenant Commander
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:01 am

Post by Rookie_One1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Really nice!

You know, there one thing I can think about now :

If there is a update for the ISD1 too in the pipeline, will it have a republic/open circle fleet paint scheme ? (we know that the Imperial class was originally deployed at the end of the clone wars and originally known as the imperator-class....at least in the EU/Legends timeline)
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

User avatar
Ace Antilles

Admiral (Moderator)
Posts: 4655
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2000 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:37 pm

The new Imperial Star Destroyer II v2 is now live on the Download page!

ISD2over.png
ISD6.jpg



Also you can see lots of cool new Screenshots that Forceflow made in the Showcase.
https://www.xwaupgrade.com/index.php?ac ... hots&id=42
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost
Image

User avatar
DarHan
Cadet 1st Class
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by DarHan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Oh hai, Errant Venture!
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Rookie_One1
Lieutenant Commander
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:01 am

Post by Rookie_One1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:57 pm

the only thing missing on the errant venture would be that weird superlaser that Booster acquired from the hutts
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

User avatar
JeremyaFr
Commander
XWAU Member
Posts: 2589
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:52 pm
Contact:

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Good work :2thumbs:

User avatar
WildstarBlue9
Lieutenant
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:01 am

Post by WildstarBlue9 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:18 pm

Rookie_One1 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:29 pm
Really nice!

You know, there one thing I can think about now :

If there is a update for the ISD1 too in the pipeline, will it have a republic/open circle fleet paint scheme ? (we know that the Imperial class was originally deployed at the end of the clone wars and originally known as the imperator-class....at least in the EU/Legends timeline)
I requested the ASD Happy Jack in the 20th anniversary thread as a comment about the Errant Venture ISD2, but the Happy Jack probably makes more sense as an ISD1, after giving it more thought.

Also, it should be noted that, given the fact that it was owned by a private citizen, the Errant Venture only had 10% of an ISD's standard weapon load-out.

EDIT: Believe it or not, I found "Stowaway on Board" on our Discord as part of a ZIP archive. I'll attach the ZIP file (contains RTF file viewable in WordPad, and is largely a CompuServe forum thread) of the POV (for "Point Of View," what we've always called our fan fiction).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wildstar, Red 2 (XO) (Ret.)

Not the Wildstar that authored IMCGen.

Rookie_One1
Lieutenant Commander
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:01 am

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:14 am

WildstarBlue, the thing about the errant venture is that it's weapon load-out often fluctuate, in some case there's reason to believe that even it was less armed that a fully-loaded ISD2, it was still more heavily loaded that supposed to (when Talon Kaarde visited the Errant Venture, it showed only 3 turrets being armed, but all weapons tracking it....which is impossible if they have been removed, so it means that they had to be present, even if not ready to fire).<

Hell, during the mission to Yaga Minor, while it's mentionned that as part of the deal with Iblis that the ship had to be refitted, but there is nothing mentioned about weaponry(and I seriously doubt that Booster would forget about that detail) ....which mean that Booster probably replaced the missing weapons. Don't know if it's with the same type or with black market equivalents though.
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

User avatar
WildstarBlue9
Lieutenant
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:01 am

Post by WildstarBlue9 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:20 am

Rookie_One1 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:14 am
WildstarBlue, the thing about the errant venture is that it's weapon load-out often fluctuate, in some case there's reason to believe that even it was less armed that a fully-loaded ISD2, it was still more heavily loaded that supposed to (when Talon Kaarde visited the Errant Venture, it showed only 3 turrets being armed, but all weapons tracking it....which is impossible if they have been removed, so it means that they had to be present, even if not ready to fire).<

Hell, during the mission to Yaga Minor, while it's mentionned that as part of the deal with Iblis that the ship had to be refitted, but there is nothing mentioned about weaponry(and I seriously doubt that Booster would forget about that detail) ....which mean that Booster probably replaced the missing weapons. Don't know if it's with the same type or with black market equivalents though.
According to the Wookieepedia, Booster Terrik was forced to sell most of the Virulence's weaponry to the New Republic when he took the ship over, but the Errant Venture regained her full arsenal for the raid at Yaga Minor (disputed), and again for the war against the Yuuzhan Vong (or at least a superweapon that could take out a Vong cruiser analog with one shot).
Wildstar, Red 2 (XO) (Ret.)

Not the Wildstar that authored IMCGen.

User avatar
Driftwood

Admiral (Moderator)
Posts: 2075
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:01 pm
Contact:

Post by Driftwood » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:53 am

Lets not overthink the fluff justifications. If there were some reason to fully create a custom stand-alone EV opt, or new ISD Chimera based on new canon information I wouldn't mind doing it but the fact is that there isn't so there is zero reason to get that ambitious at this moment in time.

And frankly the one setting I would forsee being interested in using the EV in besides as a cameo appearance ship would be the NJO period and it would have been upgunned because laws be damned.

I know we'd all like our cake and be able to eat it too, but for now enjoy the blasted frosting.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Post by Avarice1987 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:10 pm

Its looking very nice, but ic an Play with it i think in December, my MB and Graphic Card are Gone in the Middle of July 2020 , RIP my nice PC after 7 Years of good Service.

Im happy to see the New Modell, will you Update the ISD 1 to?

User avatar
Haakan
Cadet 3rd Class
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:36 am

Post by Haakan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:52 am

Yo guys. I'm finding something a bit weird on the hangar of the ISDII. I noticed the imperial landing craft was kinda floating in the air.

Also, I had a mission with an ISD I as the mothership. I see the hangar has now some funny glitches like objects that were supposed to be standing still are moving around.

I took a pic of the hangar with two misplaced objects: a TIE Fighter at the bottom and the landing craft.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Haakan
Cadet 3rd Class
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:36 am

Post by Haakan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:15 am

Update: yea I tried a brand new mission with one ISD I and one SDII where I take off from the ISDI , everything ok. Then I try to enter the ISDII hangar and the TIE Fighter begins turning around. Also I see blue shadows below the objects... I'll uninstall the ISDII and see what happens.

I uninstalled the ISDI. Tested the VSDII and the shipyard and everything is working fine. Tested the ISDI and the hangar is working fine.

I reinstalled the ISDII and the hangar problems begun once more. the TIE Fighter couldn't find where to land so it kept turning around and the landing craft was again floating
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Haakan
Cadet 3rd Class
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:36 am

Post by Haakan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:16 am

Here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Ace Antilles

Admiral (Moderator)
Posts: 4655
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2000 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:51 am

There's a fix for the Landing Craft that I still need to post. Sorry I've been very busy. Will do soon.
The hangar was designed to work with the XWAU. I tested it and it should work with everything but there could be compatibility issues with other mods at this time.

The latest versions of all the hooks were included in the installer. The Hangar Hook for obvious reasons so that should not be necessary.
If you have manually altered any Hook CFG files though you need to input those into the new Hook ini file.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost
Image

User avatar
Vince T

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)
Posts: 12870
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:01 pm
Contact:

Post by Vince T » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:17 am

Edit: Nevermind, you've got this covered :)
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton

My Steam Workshop

User avatar
Ace Antilles

Admiral (Moderator)
Posts: 4655
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2000 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:46 am

Haakan wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:52 am
Yo guys. I'm finding something a bit weird on the hangar of the ISDII. I noticed the imperial landing craft was kinda floating in the air.

Also, I had a mission with an ISD I as the mothership. I see the hangar has now some funny glitches like objects that were supposed to be standing still are moving around.

I took a pic of the hangar with two misplaced objects: a TIE Fighter at the bottom and the landing craft.
Below is a fix for the floating Landing Craft. Please copy the INI to the Flightmodels folder.

Haakan are you running from the XWAU install or some other mod?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost
Image

User avatar
Haakan
Cadet 3rd Class
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:36 am

Post by Haakan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:10 am

Setting PlayerAnimationElevation = 300 seems to solve most things save for the floating transport.

Both ISDI and ISDII are working save for the floating landing craft on the ISDII

Update:

I fixed the floating L/C editing this line on the ini file:

;Floor
61, 1450, -400, -740, -16600, 0

Replaced 0x7FFFFFFF for Z coordinates with -740. All cool now.

Actually I'm running it with a customized DSUCP. I also thought it'd have something to do with this but after a few hours of tinkering and testing the ini files I found out this works for me.

EDIT: @Ace let me check that fix either way.

Also EDIT: @Ace... I'm curious, what fixes this ini? trying to learn here how this works.

User avatar
Ace Antilles

Admiral (Moderator)
Posts: 4655
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2000 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:18 am

Haakan wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:10 am
Setting PlayerAnimationElevation = 300 seems to solve most things save for the floating transport.

Both ISDI and ISDII are working save for the floating landing craft on the ISDII

Update:

I fixed the floating L/C editing this line on the ini file:

;Floor
61, 1450, -400, -740, -16600, 0

Replaced 0x7FFFFFFF for Z coordinates with -740. All cool now.

Actually I'm running it with a customized DSUCP. I also thought it'd have something to do with this but after a few hours of tinkering and testing the ini files I found out this works for me.

EDIT: @Ace let me check that fix either way.

Also EDIT: @Ace... I'm curious, what fixes this ini? trying to learn here how this works.
The INI is confirmed to fix the issue with the Landing Craft as I was aware of it before hand and it's been tested by several people.
Anything else maybe down to your own setup.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost
Image

User avatar
Vince T

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)
Posts: 12870
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:01 pm
Contact:

Post by Vince T » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:26 am

Basically what the updated ini does is adding this entry:

Code: Select all

[Size]
ClosedSFoilsElevation = 140
This entry defines where the Craft's "bottom" is, when s-foils are raised and landing gear is extended. This allows you to use 0x7FFFFFFF (i.e. default floor level) regardless of how a hangar is set up.

If you want to dig deeper into the topic, best follow This Thread by JérémyaFR.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton

My Steam Workshop

User avatar
Haakan
Cadet 3rd Class
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:36 am

Post by Haakan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:22 pm

General_Trageton wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:26 am
Basically what the updated ini does is adding this entry:

Code: Select all

[Size]
ClosedSFoilsElevation = 140
This entry defines where the Craft's "bottom" is, when s-foils are raised and landing gear is extended. This allows you to use 0x7FFFFFFF (i.e. default floor level) regardless of how a hangar is set up.

If you want to dig deeper into the topic, best follow This Thread by JérémyaFR.
Awesome! Thank you General T.!

User avatar
Haakan
Cadet 3rd Class
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:36 am

Post by Haakan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:36 am

update: I tried applying your fix and its messed up again. I tried reverting the changes on the ini files but the behavior doesn't revert... I'm using DSUCP 2.6 uninstalled, reverting to previous state and reinstalled, applied the L/C fix but the fighter still can't find a place to land, keeps wandering around the hangar. I'll be posting this on the bug section.

Post Reply