XWAU for Emperor's Hammer

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

XWAU for Emperor's Hammer

andr3
Recruit

Post by andr3 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:19 pm

I am was struggling to decide which thread to posts this in. Since you deal w/ mission balancing I thought this might be the right spot.

The guys and gals at https://www.emperorshammer.org are consider listing XWAU as a supported platform (currently supported flight sims: X-Wing, TIE-Fighter, XvT, XWA, SWS).
Since they do
a) competitions
b) multiplayer
c) have a huge repository of custom missions, sometimes including customized ships
there is the reasonable question of gameplay differences between vanilla XWA and XWAU. Are there any differences between vanilla XWA and XWAU that affect gameplay (e.g. weapons speed, range, or damage, ship hit points, target boxes, maneuverability / turn rates, AI behavior... any things of that kind)?

I had already been chatting w/ Forceflow. They said there were no major differences coming to mind and that the XWAU community is always trying to keep the balance. However, they also asked me to address the whole community here.

2nd question: Is there list of ship slots used?

Thanks in advance!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:25 pm

The only ship slots used "currently" are 28, 151, 152.
The XWAU doesn't add lots of custom ships unless necessary.

I'm working on a list of editing data that can be used for reference.
Also if the ideas I've been working on go well then our 2022 Mega Patch will make things simpler to assign custom items to the game.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

andr3
Recruit

Post by andr3 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Did you guys increase the model size of the SSD? Somebody claimed ~6Km in vanilla and 17.6Km in upgrade.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:09 pm

andr3 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:48 pm
Did you guys increase the model size of the SSD? Somebody claimed ~6Km in vanilla and 17.6Km in upgrade.
Yes, the XWAU SSD is 17.6 km long. That's one of the biggest changes for sure. The Corellion transports were also made bigger, the A-Wing smaller, some other crafts were resized as well. (Basically for everything flyable we tried to make the crafts fit the pilot) If you want to get a feel for the different sizes you can go into the Showcase and check out the videos of the ships. There's a transition between old and new were you can see the differences in size. That will inevitably change some of the game balance for sure. No idea how much of a change this will make.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:09 pm

Vanilla SSD was 8km

We also downsized the ISDs from 2km to 1.6km
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear