[B5M7] Battle 5 - Mission 7: Destroy Hurrim Base

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B5M7] Battle 5 - Mission 7: Destroy Hurrim Base

Mrowaksu
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Mrowaksu » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi all,

I am just writing to report problem with Battle 5 mission 7

There is a number of issue with this mission:

1. FRG Jericho will not depart even if ATR Storm Unit 1 and 2 complete their missions. It simply does not jump to Order: Hyper to Region #1 Repro rate 8/10
2. Drednaught Longshot has orders to attack: any Team but Rebel only if 20? 2. Which means it tends to attack PLT/1 Hurrim Base - which needs to be boarded first.
3. Same issue with X-Wing Red 1 and X-Wing Blue 1
4. ISD Corrupter comes out too close to PLT/1 Hurrim Base and even though it has orders to attack rebels it tends to 'sprey over' its fire onto PLT/1. Which leads to its pre-mateure destruction and mission failure.

I toyed with editor and made the following changes to mission myself, which I suggest:
1. On FRG Jericho: Replaced Order 2 with Hyper to Region #1. Then I modified Its jump to order 2 condition to (100% of PLT Hurrim base must be boarded) AND (100% of SHU Lendros must be boarded). Now the order to retreat works every time. Also added prevent: ATR Storm Unit 1 and 2 must be destroyed.
2. Changed orders of Blue smuggler allies so they attack only Imps now.
3. Changed orders of X-Wing flight groups so they do not attack Hurrim Base

Controversial changes that p[revent accidental kill of objective but add challenge
4. Changed spawning point of ISD Corrputer - to be farther away, so its fire cannot initially reach PLT5 in first 2-3 minutes
5, Added more Tie bombers and tie interceptors for challenge4 and to counter-balance Corrupter spawning farther away.
6. Changed Smuggler blue goup Arrival condition - they arrive 25 seconds after first Tie bomber appears on the battlefield (previously it was soon after ISD arrived, which does not allow for the tension).
7. Changed Order of TIE flight-groups to attack Blue Smuggle craft as well. Previously they ignored Blue Smuggler so they were too easy targets for Blue AI.

Here's file for feedback:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Forceflow on Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title Adjusted

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:09 am

There was a similar thread about this mission a while ago in the editing section. It's one of those were I'm not entirely sure TG knew what they were doing, as it's an absolute nightmare in terms of mission design. When I fixed this mission for the next patch, I had to essentially redo all the conditions and orders on every ship from scratch.

I'll have a look at your version though, maybe some changes are more elegant than mine.

Mrowaksu
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Mrowaksu » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:30 am

Hehe, I don't think they are too 'elegant' - I learned the editor as I went so there may be better solutions to the mentioned problems a more experience map designer such as yourself would use. However, of all changes I made in this mission I would keep change:

1. On FRG Jericho: Replaced Order 2 with Hyper to Region #1. Then I modified Its jump to order 2 condition to (100% of PLT Hurrim base must be boarded) AND (100% of SHU Lendros must be boarded). Now the order to retreat works every time. Also added prevent: ATR Storm Unit 1 and 2 must be destroyed.

I tested it multiple times on two computers and it worked. There is nothing more annoying than not being able to complete a lengthy and fairly challenging mission because A.I. decided not to follow script and derp around the battlefield instead.

RevanNaut
Recruit

Post by RevanNaut » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:54 am

Oh jeez, I must've spent an hour on this mission trying to succeed only for scripting bugs to doom me.

Thanks for the mission fix, hopefully things go smoother on this next run :)

SJM12
Recruit

Post by SJM12 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:04 pm

For me, this mission crashes every time the Corruptor is destroyed.