[B0M9] [solved] battle 1 mission 2: starfighter superiority evaluation

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B0M9] [solved] battle 1 mission 2: starfighter superiority evaluation

seeseebee
Recruit

Post by seeseebee » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:28 am

happy new year dudes,

xwau version : 2.02
xw-alliance installation : fresh install

Battle 1 mission 2 (2nd mission after joining the alliance) 'starfighter superiority evaluation':
The problem:
on area 2 onwards, the scenario seems to have started already when i hyper in, only a few fighters left instead, at the last point when i hyper in the fight was already close to ending.

the same thing seemed to happened here in this video, although the dude is running an earlier version of XWAU:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4uKGYu ... C&index=11
u can see the goal achievement straight jumped to 33% once he zoned into the 4 ship element area. and when he reach the last area the fight is already over.

whats supposed to happen as i remember is when u zone into the 4 ship element area, only then the tie fighters starts to deploy. Same as the last area.
this video seems to show the correct chain of event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfKUec- ... s_&index=9
Last edited by seeseebee on Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:24 am

I don't know of an issue with this mission.
I will move it to the Mission Balancing section and ask @Jaeven our mission expert to check :)

This mission is Battle 0: Mission 9 or Joining the Rebellion: Mission 2
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

seeseebee
Recruit

Post by seeseebee » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:56 am

Joining the Rebellion: Mission 2

erm as i said on opening post. i am experiencing what's similar to the first utube link where things got started before i was even there.

the 2nd utube link is what the mission should be like. where events gets triggered after i reach there.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:11 pm

what happens sometimes is that if let your wingman get to damaged they will leave back to region 1 which will trigger the arrive of the VSD and the ties I think the only way to stop this is to take off the wingman abort mission conditions or change the VSD arrival conditions

seeseebee
Recruit

Post by seeseebee » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:54 pm

hmmm... will try spamming wingman with evasive maneuver command to keep his ass safe and see if it helps.. guy just love to go head on with big bunch of enemies and get his ass owned..zz

seeseebee
Recruit

Post by seeseebee » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:19 pm

erm result:
the guy doesnt respond to 'shift+E' .. and i am too busy to go to tab mode to manually command him to go evade. i think the only work around will be to spawn camp the waves as they come out of the hanger.

and yeah it seems to be triggered by the lead dude retreating early. i think this condition should be removed from this mission.

how to you edit these missions? what tools to use?

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:30 pm

I remember experiencing the same issue with my new playthrough. The TIEs were already almost all destroyed when I got to the last zone, and the VSD retreated before I could shoot even one enemy.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:33 pm

well seeseebee there is two mission editors on the downloads page ALLIED is one and YOGME is the second, I use AlLIED because I'm more familiar with it

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:45 pm

and tips I can give for this mission stay away from the Golan platforms and have your wingman attack tie's that are attacking you using the shift A command and then attack the tie's that are going after your wingman that way you can stop them from getting to much damage

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:41 pm

I just played this again and I notice once the level is complete olin garn ship green 1 will just run into the rebel platform and sometimes blow it up causing you to fail the mission
Last edited by Blazingfirestorm on Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:06 pm

Blazingfirestorm wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:41 pm
I just played this again and I notice once the level complete olin garn ship green 1 will just run into the rebel platform and sometimes blow it up causing you to fail the mission
Oh Olin. You just had 1 job.....

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:19 pm

lol

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:33 pm

seeseebee wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:19 pm
erm result:
the guy doesnt respond to 'shift+E' .. and i am too busy to go to tab mode to manually command him to go evade. i think the only work around will be to spawn camp the waves as they come out of the hanger.

and yeah it seems to be triggered by the lead dude retreating early. i think this condition should be removed from this mission.

how to you edit these missions? what tools to use?
These mission parameters are the same as in the original mission
This is a quick experiment edited mission you can try out without editing too deeply yet.

The X-Wings were set to depart when they hit 0% shields. All except Green 1 which is 25% hull.
I've edited the mission so they leave when they hit 75% Hull strength instead.
Now I've not had time to test this in game and it could even be mission breaking. So give it a go.

The other options is to change the VSD which arrives when one XW departs. I've left that alone for now.

EDIT: I've removed my mission for now as I think it's screwed up.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:01 am

I been trying to fix the issue myself and I fix the olin crashing into the platform issue and made VSD arrive when the player leaves region 4 it seems to solve the problem now even if green 1, 3,4 leave back to region 1 it won't trigger it showing up, so try it out
1B0M9W.TIE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:18 am

What is causing Olin to crash?

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:34 am

sorry crash is the wrong word seeing as he's invincible ramming into the platform is better, the reason is because in OG the platform is complexly different model so where it would be flat he wouldn't ram into but the rebel platform is taller so he does

seeseebee
Recruit

Post by seeseebee » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:12 am

tested Blazingfirestorm's version. working well.

IF you happened to use the TAB command to ask green 1 to 'join formation' with you though he would afterwards lag behind and wont follow up with the jump but that only happens if u gave him that command. but the outcome wont be affected anyway. i was giving him this command to avoid him getting too much damage.

have tested the mission without giving him any command and its all working.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:18 am

:D :2thumbs: