Effects (Bloom, SSAO, SSDO) and VR/TrackIR Installers

Here you can find help for how to best run and setup your XWA VR experience.

Re: Effects (Bloom, SSAO, SSDO) and VR/TrackIR Installers

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:46 pm

I see. Will do. Re-editing maps a/t/m. Thanks Blue.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:31 am

I play with the BETA of Blue Max effects. I like the new target image in HUD as a hologram.

One question concerns the effect mod of Blue, in the 1.1.3 version I could choose between ROTJ and Disney style for the hyperspace jumps. Why? I have installed everything as indicated from the order, with the patch ect. I just noticed that this feature is currently not available, is it currently under revision?

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:29 am

Avarice1987 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:31 am
One question concerns the effect mod of Blue, in the 1.1.3 version I could choose between ROTJ and Disney style for the hyperspace jumps. Why? I have installed everything as indicated from the order, with the patch ect. I just noticed that this feature is currently not available, is it currently under revision?
The difference between ROTJ and Disney-style hyperspace jumps is just the spark that appears in the distance and becomes the hyperspace tunnel. I intended to add a few more differences, but then I wandered off to do other stuff. Because of this small difference, we thought it wasn't worth another setting in the installer.

However, you can still activate ROTJ style by opening Hyperspace.cfg and setting:

disney_style = 0