Effects (Bloom, SSAO, SSDO) and VR/TrackIR Installers

Here you can find help for how to best run and setup your XWA VR experience.

Re: Effects (Bloom, SSAO, SSDO) and VR/TrackIR Installers

blue_max
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:42 pm

nuttyapprentice wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:11 am
Found one issue with stuttering during battles, fps comes to a crawl when you hit a craft with your laser, turned off the hit effect option in the settings and that fixed it,. You dont seem to miss much now except a strange red glow when laser impacted. Maybe useful info for someone else..
I've noticed this as well sometimes, thanks for sharing. You disabled it using the XWAUP installer, right?

MichelangeloS
Recruit

Post by MichelangeloS » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:43 am

I didn't had those performance issues, or didn't realized about it.
What I did noted is that in the "Effects by Blue Max's Version 2020-08-06 " version some small explosions are all around the ship, I installed the previous version to fix that.
Also I added full voice control with VoiceAttack and HCS VoicePacks, fixed the aspect ratio.
I cannot set a way to see the mirrored view like in full screen to use the entire screen space, but here is the better version I have so far:

https://youtu.be/85ui6Asny5w

blue_max
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:48 pm

MichelangeloS wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:43 am
I cannot set a way to see the mirrored view like in full screen to use the entire screen space, but here is the better version I have so far:
At the moment it probably won't be possible to cover the full desktop with the mirror window because the aspect ratio on the per-eye SteamVR resolution is probably different from your desktop aspect ratio. If you're really interested in that, I can consider modifying how the code behaves in this area to cover the whole screen though.

BTW, I'm curious about how you fixed the aspect ratio. Would you mind sharing your SteamVR per-eye, in-game, and desktop resolutions as well as the final aspect ratio setting you used to fix the image in the mirror window?

m0rgg
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by m0rgg » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:25 am

What I would suggest blue_max is to just crop the top and bottom of the SteamVR buffer to achieve the monitor real aspect.

nuttyapprentice
Recruit

Post by nuttyapprentice » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:18 pm

blue_max wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:42 pm
nuttyapprentice wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:11 am
Found one issue with stuttering during battles, fps comes to a crawl when you hit a craft with your laser, turned off the hit effect option in the settings and that fixed it,. You dont seem to miss much now except a strange red glow when laser impacted. Maybe useful info for someone else..
I've noticed this as well sometimes, thanks for sharing. You disabled it using the XWAUP installer, right?
No, just in the in-game settings, the effect was instantly noticeable. Great work on the latest 1.1.4 release by the way!

Luke_Skywalker
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Luke_Skywalker » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:42 pm

Wow, almost a month with no new posts. D:

So about that TrackIR business not closing properly... If you start and quit without launching a mission, it takes a second or two but the camera exits game mode like it should. However, if you launch a mission and quit, it remains stuck. I dunno if that changes anything or not- I just wanted to clarify after realizing this.
When 900 years old you reach, look as good, you will not. Hmm?" -Yoda