Track ir in hangar

Here you can find help for how to best run and setup your XWA VR experience.

Track ir in hangar

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:33 pm

Hello i have track ir working great when flying, but no when i am in hangar, I can move the view with mouse in hangar.
I dont know if is posible make track ir Works in hangar.
Thank you for this great work.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:09 am

I think this was not enabled due to some kind of bug or limitation experienced to date; I am unsure where Blue_Max is with enabling this function at this point however, though it would be nice to have consistency between controller inputs.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:02 am

I would need to take a look at the code again, but from what I remember, the short story is that this is too much effort with very little return in investment. I think I recall the game uses two mouse look functions: one for the hangar and one when flying. So that's why the CockpitLook hook doesn't work in the hangar. For SteamVR 3dof support was added because it's hard to look at menus, the Concourse, etc without it -- and also because you get dizzy very quickly.

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:18 am

no problem man, the job you did its superb, iam thinking studing programing just for this lol,

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 pm

Track IR in the hangar was definitely proposed to Blue Max but there were some existing limitations . A VR solution was found but is a little choppy, which I helped him test.
Image Image Image Image Image