TFTC Project: An update and a preview trailer

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

Re: TFTC Project: An update and a preview trailer

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:38 pm

Beautiful! BTW, the GUN and MIS cockpits have support for DC now and we'll be releasing them soon ;)

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:53 pm

Thanks! Once again I must thank ilios for providing us with these amazing backgrounds!
blue_max wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:38 pm
BTW, the GUN and MIS cockpits have support for DC now and we'll be releasing them soon ;)
I'm very much looking forward to integrating them in :D

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:19 am

Continues to look amazing, keep it up!

axeil55
Cadet 4th Class

Post by axeil55 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:54 am

Still looking great! I'm excited to hopefully check this out once Squadrons starts to get a bit stale.

Ender910
Recruit

Post by Ender910 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:47 pm

Most impressive. I can't tell you how many years I've dreamed of playing the TIE Fighter campaign in coop with friends. Though I recognize that's probably not exactly in your design scope, I could absolutely see this being perfectly fun as-is in coop (or at least on missions where you have wing-mates already flown by AI).

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:16 pm

Another video to check out, this time the very final mission in TIE Fighter, B13M8! :D

https://youtu.be/rqrZCiY9H2k

I'm also happy to report that the entire Original campaign from Battles 1 to 13 are now in a 100% playable and completable state.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:18 pm

Awesome!!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

eddyfurax
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by eddyfurax » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:39 pm

Wonderfull thank you soo much too make this dream true with original music, scenes, new background! I am very impatient too test it. We waiting for a real conversion from soo long time! I played with waylon files but the balancing was not always good. Thank you it is a very nice time with all new things !

labc133
Cadet 1st Class

Post by labc133 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:29 pm

Fantastic work!

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:50 pm

Great work Angel, please clean the background graphics from unnecessary elements (moving objects that are static in the graphics).
Really nice backdrop.
Thank you.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:51 am

korekwerner wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:50 pm
please clean the background graphics from unnecessary elements (moving objects that are static in the graphics).
Sorry, I'm a little lost what you mean by this ?

korekwerner
Cadet 1st Class

Post by korekwerner » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:28 am

I mean meteor shower.

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:11 am

Hi Angel,

Can you share a video that start when you run the game until gameplay ?

I like to see what are the steps to access to TFTC ...

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:22 am

Well once its released, you'd access it like you would the normal XWA campaign which is through the campaign/battle room. I'm using the Combat Simulator for ease of access to each mission in my videos as everything is unlocked.

This older video shows how I currently access it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1XT8nmgBQU

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:24 pm

AngeI wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:22 am
Well once its released, you'd access it like you would the normal XWA campaign which is through the campaign/battle room. I'm using the Combat Simulator for ease of access to each mission in my videos as everything is unlocked.

This older video shows how I currently access it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1XT8nmgBQU
Well done !! I see you have replace many things to match Tie Fighter style.

Only for my curiosity: the original Tie Fighter cutscenes are incompatible with XWA ? Probably for this reason you have added other custom contents ...

eddyfurax
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by eddyfurax » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:02 pm

I know it is possible too include cutscenes from original Tie fighter. It was it in original TieFighter total conversion (Always avalaible on http://www.maxgames.it/xwc/ but not compatible with last changes of Xwa). But have you find a solution for include custscenes from Imperial Spy ? It could be very good too include it with the tatoo (perhaps we can see tatoo in crew quarter by exemple).

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:43 pm

marcop000 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:24 pm

Well done !! I see you have replace many things to match Tie Fighter style.

Only for my curiosity: the original Tie Fighter cutscenes are incompatible with XWA ? Probably for this reason you have added other custom contents ...
All the original main cutscenes will be included and should trigger at the appropriate points in the campaign :)
eddyfurax wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:02 pm
But have you find a solution for include custscenes from Imperial Spy ? It could be very good too include it with the tatoo (perhaps we can see tatoo in crew quarter by exemple).
This would be doable but trickier because they were dependent on your rank as you played the game. As it stands, XWA doesn't' have the facility that TF had for this secret ranking system or the arm ranks either. The secret order missions were also hidden or optional bonus missions, but in TFTC we've made them visible primary objectives with the tag [SO] in front of them because the secret order will always show up on a win debrief assuming you completed his task. We could still include the cutscenes of your promotions through the ranks and just have them trigger at certain points as a compromise.

XDragon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by XDragon » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:15 pm

I'm so impressed you managed to do the whole game. I can not wait to give it a shot!
Founder of Z3R0 (Zero Command)
https://xdragon2688.wixsite.com/z3ro/

eddyfurax
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by eddyfurax » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:22 pm

This would be doable but trickier because they were dependent on your rank as you played the game. As it stands, XWA doesn't' have the facility that TF had for this secret ranking system or the arm ranks either. The secret order missions were also hidden or optional bonus missions, but in TFTC we've made them visible primary objectives with the tag [SO] in front of them because the secret order will always show up on a win debrief assuming you completed his task. We could still include the cutscenes of your promotions through the ranks and just have them trigger at certain points as a compromise.
[/quote]

I think yes it was better if you can reintroduce imperial secret order cutscenes by default in the current of the battles.

But it will be more better if they can come with secondary objectives won like in orginal!
Maybe it is possible too introduce a condition score or objectives too start the launch of cutscenes.
I believe it is possible for devs no? We have consition too add medals or things in crew quarters by exemple. Can a devs answer it ?
Last edited by eddyfurax on Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:27 pm

To my knowledge cutscenes can only be triggered before or after a mission, not during and can't be triggered by any particular goal in a mission. Secondary objectives do not show up as visible in the goal list until you complete them and they are not required for mission completion. The Win debrief is linear, its either you win or you don't. TF in this regard is more flexible because you had both the Officer and the Secret Order you could interact with separately and behave differently based on the goals you completed. If we want to include the SO stuff as part of the storyline in XWA, then it makes best sense contextually speaking to make them primary objectives you must complete otherwise if you ignore it and he still says "well done on doing your assignment", it makes little sense.

eddyfurax
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by eddyfurax » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Custcenes/animation after mission launch when you receive a medals. Medals are give when you have a condition of points. We can imagine same things for second objectives win. Or if it not possible we can calculate a mean how many points you win with secondary objectives and start animation when the score is reached. What do you think ? After i think we can only use one animation too medals received...? and animation and cutsenes are different i know. But i am sure it is possible and not soo hard too accomplish

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:50 pm

You could perhaps hijack the Kalidor Crescent progression. Those cutscenes play based on accumulated bonus score. Isn't that the same mechanic as secret order progression?

The mission debrief would be tougher. Theoretically, you might be able to manipulate the email system based on completed/failed objectives, but the email system doesn't play audio.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:54 pm

I'll look into it then :)

All I know is right now, this is the current method of triggering a cutscene: XWAFolder/Frontres/Cutscene/Cutscene.txt. In this file it will look something like this:

// This file is for the cutscenes
// name of bitmap. Assumed already loaded.
// Description of the scene
// mission number that it plays on
// 0 = before of 1 = after the debriefing.
// * - separator.
battle4
cut4
!CUT_DESC_BATTLE4!Zaarin demonstrates the TIE Advanced
battle5a
cut5
!CUT_DESC_BATTLE5A!Vader informs The Emperor of Harkovs location

Battle 4 plays after the end of mission number 29 (which is defined in Mission.lst in XWAFolder/Missions) while Battle5a plays before the start of mission number defined as 32 (in this case B5M3).

eddyfurax
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by eddyfurax » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:56 pm

Thank you keiranhalcyon7 too come in the conversation. It is a good track Kalidor Croissant and messagerie. The conditions exists in XWA i am sure it is not soo hard for a developpers too find a way.

eddyfurax
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by eddyfurax » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:58 pm

AngeI wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:54 pm
I'll look into it then :)

All I know is right now, this is the current method of triggering a cutscene: XWAFolder/Frontres/Cutscene/Cutscene.txt. In this file it will look something like this:

// This file is for the cutscenes
// name of bitmap. Assumed already loaded.
// Description of the scene
// mission number that it plays on
// 0 = before of 1 = after the debriefing.
// * - separator.
battle4
cut4
!CUT_DESC_BATTLE4!Zaarin demonstrates the TIE Advanced
battle5a
cut5
!CUT_DESC_BATTLE5A!Vader informs The Emperor of Harkovs location

Battle 4 plays after the end of mission number 29 (which is defined in Mission.lst in XWAFolder/Missions) while Battle5a plays before the start of mission number defined as 32 (in this case B5M3).
It is the operation systems for cutscenes. But you have small animation for medals too in XWA

Thank you more Angel too considered this small requets