TFTC Project: An update and a preview trailer

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

Re: TFTC Project: An update and a preview trailer

ArrowLoop
Galactic Empire

Post by ArrowLoop » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:13 pm

I didn't realize that the Interdictor in B13M8 was named the Corvus. In your reimagined version is the Interdictor going to be renamed considering in the canon the name Corvus belongs to Inferno Squad's Raider II-Class Corvette?

It also might be cool if in the reimagined missions to see any Imperial Operated CR90 Corvettes swapped out for Raider-Class Corvettes and any Imperial CR92a Modified Corvettes swapped out for the Raider II-Class Corvette. I don't recall if models for those ships ever existed on X-Wing Station or anywhere else but it would be awesome to see those swapped out.

I think I saw in one of the reimagined missions that both Venator-Class and Acclamator-Class ships were swapped in. I know in canon that both the Empire and Rebels used some of the same ships that we mostly associate with the Rebellion, but it just seems to fit better if the two factions have unique ships for the most part where it doesn't really affect the story.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:41 pm

blue_max wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:38 pm
Beautiful! BTW, the GUN and MIS cockpits have support for DC now and we'll be releasing them soon ;)
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:57 pm

ArrowLoop wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:13 pm
I didn't realize that the Interdictor in B13M8 was named the Corvus. In your reimagined version is the Interdictor going to be renamed considering in the canon the name Corvus belongs to Inferno Squad's Raider II-Class Corvette?

It also might be cool if in the reimagined missions to see any Imperial Operated CR90 Corvettes swapped out for Raider-Class Corvettes and any Imperial CR92a Modified Corvettes swapped out for the Raider II-Class Corvette. I don't recall if models for those ships ever existed on X-Wing Station or anywhere else but it would be awesome to see those swapped out.

I think I saw in one of the reimagined missions that both Venator-Class and Acclamator-Class ships were swapped in. I know in canon that both the Empire and Rebels used some of the same ships that we mostly associate with the Rebellion, but it just seems to fit better if the two factions have unique ships for the most part where it doesn't really affect the story.

Tie Fighter is Legends universe. Why would he change the names of the ships just because some canon is called

@AngelI , what is the status of the Reimaged Campaign? i am busy promoting your project on the german EU sites and will be Tie Fighter here for the german community definitely Lets Play, just wondering if i will play through the original campaign first and then the Reimaged campaign afterwardsCorvus?

You know that in Legends canon alone the rebels used Imperial ships such as the Acclamator or the occasional Venator
Last edited by Avarice1987 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:00 pm

Agreed, keep the game in Legends

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:22 am

TIE Fighter will be sticking to a Legends timeline. I'm not aware of any models for the Raider class corvettes. So far as Clone War era ships go, I've only used the Acclamator and a CIS Destroyer in Battle 2 Reimagined where the Ripoblus and Dimok forces use them as well as Y-W/Bs to which I explain their navies aquired them. I've used the Arquitens a few times too as well in other Battles. I have not used Venators yet, I'm saving them for the Zaarin campaign next year I think. There's a much bigger conflict to be had there with more forces involved :)
Avarice1987 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:57 pm
@AngelI , what is the status of the Reimaged Campaign? i am busy promoting your project on the german EU sites and will be Tie Fighter here for the german community definitely Lets Play, just wondering if i will play through the original campaign first and then the Reimaged campaign afterwards?
Haven't quite decided what will be the default install yet, Reimagined or Original. I'd like to think Reimagined but then people might be upset and others will not read the installer and wonder where the Original campaign is, but either way, the installer will offer you one or the other and hopefully an easy way to swap them out when you decide to change. As for its status, there are a handful of missions that need finishing up design wise and a lot of VO work to record then its Beta testing time. The initial release will contain Battles 1-8 Reimagined. For the last two months I've been focusing exclusively on getting the Original campaign ready to go and that's mostly there now. Work has slowed considerably since the birth of my daughter a few weeks ago though! :D

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:35 am

AngeI wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:22 am
TIE Fighter will be sticking to a Legends timeline. I'm not aware of any models for the Raider class corvettes. So far as Clone War era ships go, I've only used the Acclamator and a CIS Destroyer in Battle 2 Reimagined where the Ripoblus and Dimok forces use them as well as Y-W/Bs to which I explain their navies aquired them. I've used the Arquitens a few times too as well in other Battles. I have not used Venators yet, I'm saving them for the Zaarin campaign next year I think. There's a much bigger conflict to be had there with more forces involved :)
Avarice1987 wrote:
@AngelI , what is the status of the Reimaged Campaign? i am busy promoting your project on the german EU sites and will be Tie Fighter here for the german community definitely Lets Play, just wondering if i will play through the original campaign first and then the Reimaged campaign afterwards?
Haven't quite decided what will be the default install yet, Reimagined or Original. I'd like to think Reimagined but then people might be upset and others will not read the installer and wonder where the Original campaign is, but either way, the installer will offer you one or the other and hopefully an easy way to swap them out when you decide to change. As for its status, there are a handful of missions that need finishing up design wise and a lot of VO work to record then its Beta testing time. The initial release will contain Battles 1-8 Reimagined. For the last two months I've been focusing exclusively on getting the Original campaign ready to go and that's mostly there now. Work has slowed considerably since the birth of my daughter a few weeks ago though! :D

My congratulations to the newcomer, just one more question, will it be the normal Tie Fightr background music? There used to be a reorchestra project, but I don't know how far it was pursued. But the old MIDI files have some charm, pure nostalgia.

I'm looking forward to the campaigns, the old TIE Fighter TC unfortunately had a few bugs

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:37 am

Oh, I'm already curious about the bigger battles, I have already noticed 1-2 things in the trailer, where many more ships jump out of hyperspace than in the original

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 am

Yes I aim to have much larger scale battles going on, as much as I can without huge FPS drops. We are currently using the collectors edition of the TIE Fighter soundtrack (not the '98 one), but we are also working on getting a more modern version done. There are existing versions out there, but both are incomplete and one of which we were denied permission to use, so we're doing it ourselves. Again you will have the option on install whether you want the original soundtrack or the newer one.

XDragon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by XDragon » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Hey Angel,

Driftwood has a Raider OPT if you're interested in swapping out the Modified corvettes for it.

https://sites.google.com/view/rebel-spe ... authuser=0
Founder of Z3R0 (Zero Command)
https://xdragon2688.wixsite.com/z3ro/

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:16 pm

Thanks I'll look into that, though I'd rather just add it to an unused shipslot than replace the M/CRV :)

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:13 pm

agreed

ArrowLoop
Galactic Empire

Post by ArrowLoop » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:27 pm

Avarice1987 wrote:
Tie Fighter is Legends universe. Why would he change the names of the ships just because some canon is called
Yep, I know that Tie Fighter is part of Legends. Since the missions are being reimagined there is no reason why the team couldn't make it fit into the Disney's Continuity if they wanted to. I was just wondering if there was any intention of doing that more so for some of the more obvious things like duplicate names for different ships like the Corvus.
XDragon wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:26 pm
Hey Angel,

Driftwood has a Raider OPT if you're interested in swapping out the Modified corvettes for it.

https://sites.google.com/view/rebel-spe ... authuser=0
Beat me to it, I was about to link this thread: https://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewt ... ider+Class

XDragon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by XDragon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:26 pm

Im still using the old Ultimate craft pack so there were a lot of ships to replace with some of Driftwood's and DTM's stuff. but yes, it does exist! I think there's also a Gladiator OPT too if you're so inclined

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:56 pm

XDragon wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:26 pm
Im still using the old Ultimate craft pack so there were a lot of ships to replace with some of Driftwood's and DTM's stuff. but yes, it does exist! I think there's also a Gladiator OPT too if you're so inclined
The Gladiator will make an appearance as I added it some time ago :)

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:46 pm

eddyfurax wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:56 pm
Thank you keiranhalcyon7 too come in the conversation. It is a good track Kalidor Croissant and messagerie. The conditions exists in XWA i am sure it is not soo hard for a developpers too find a way.
I'm pleased to report that, thanks again to JeremyFr, we can now trigger cutscenes based on total points so once you cross a threshold, we can trigger a Secret Order cutscene! :D

eddyfurax
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by eddyfurax » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:11 pm

Yes!!!! Thank you to You Angel and JeremyFr (a french compatriote) !! It is a very good news. We can have the cutscenes from secret order Wonderfull ; ) I am soo happy. And I’m not unhappy with myself too have a little insist for this result and perhaps give the way of solution ! I know it will be a little hard too calculate the scores. Can you do it? Not too long? And newt it will be cool too see the tatoo in Quarter squadron. But just the cinamtic already it was very good !!

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:31 am

That is awesome! Curious though about who denied you permission to use music (from your post on Oct 15).

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:45 am

eddyfurax wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:11 pm
Yes!!!! Thank you to You Angel and JeremyFr (a french compatriote) !! It is a very good news. We can have the cutscenes from secret order Wonderfull ; ) I am soo happy. And I’m not unhappy with myself too have a little insist for this result and perhaps give the way of solution ! I know it will be a little hard too calculate the scores. Can you do it? Not too long? And newt it will be cool too see the tatoo in Quarter squadron. But just the cinamtic already it was very good !!
No worries! I'm not sure about the arm tatoo in the pilot quarters, but we need to think about how the scores will be done for progression to trigger the cutscenes.
Griffin wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:31 am
That is awesome! Curious though about who denied you permission to use music (from your post on Oct 15).
Laserschwert. He wants to keep his soundtrack for the possible future TFVM, as I understand it he's on the XWVM project. Its fine, we got someone doing a fine job on the soundtrack as we speak, I hope to showcase this in a few days ;)

XDragon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by XDragon » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:21 pm

Well now that I know you're going to use the Gladiator and Raiders...I'm even more excited hah

BobDoleStillAlive
Recruit

Post by BobDoleStillAlive » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:06 pm

Ohh my lord, this is my dreams coming true. I absolutely loved tie fighter back in the 90s. Do you guys take donations just curious? Id love to help support the work towards this and future title conversions

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:57 pm

XDragon wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:21 pm
Well now that I know you're going to use the Gladiator and Raiders...I'm even more excited hah
I've not commited to using the Raiders yet, I'm not sure on how many potential ship slots we have left open, lets see
BobDoleStillAlive wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:06 pm
Ohh my lord, this is my dreams coming true. I absolutely loved tie fighter back in the 90s. Do you guys take donations just curious? Id love to help support the work towards this and future title conversions
As much as we'd like to, we cannot accept donations due to the vastly increased risk of getting into legal trouble with Disney/EA. The threat of a Cease & Desist is always present as all mods, regardless of the game, live and die on the largesse of the companies and IPs they protect. As such, I don't want to give Disney/EA any extra incentives or excuses to shut us down as they have done with two other remake attempts so far (KOTOR and Rogue Squadron) - though those cases were remakes in modern game engines. Most Star Wars mods for other games tend to go on without trouble and I hope the same will be true for us.

ArrowLoop
Galactic Empire

Post by ArrowLoop » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:45 am

AngeI wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:45 am
Laserschwert. He wants to keep his soundtrack for the possible future TFVM, as I understand it he's on the XWVM project. Its fine, we got someone doing a fine job on the soundtrack as we speak, I hope to showcase this in a few days ;)
I was going to suggest contacting Samuel Kim Music, his Star Wars soundtracks are pretty fantastic and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be interested in updating the Tie Fighter score: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ZZWOJEG2Qo

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:01 pm

Its ok, our new guy is doing a great job and I will soon be posting a video showcasing it :)

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:42 pm

Did I say a few days? I meant today. Behold the largest battle of the Reimagined Campaign, a new low orbit backdrop and an inhouse remastered TIE soundtrack thanks to a new TFTC member! :D

https://youtu.be/NKCC0_AXK1c

Trevor
Lieutenant JG

Post by Trevor » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:16 pm

Looks awesome.
Do you think it would be better if the "chatty" radio chatter was removed/changed?
i.e. "this is 2, I'm taking fire!" is fine, but "Yeehahhh" is not very "professional" for the Imperials.

Trev