What we've done:
- The Classic Campaign missions are all in a playable state, with full audio and only need beta testing to work out any remaining bugs or issues.
- New team member James has come on board as our main audio guy. He has cleaned up all the original VOs from the classics, so you can hear the dulcet tones of Guy Siner in their full glory.
- James has also recomposed the soundtrack from their original MIDI files to something far more glorious sounding for the modern era which is nearing completion. In addition, he has cleaned up and remastered the original soundtrack which is emulating the Roland SC-55 using a Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth. You can hear an earlier alpha version of the modern soundtrack from this video: https://youtu.be/NKCC0_AXK1c
- James has also remastered the cutscene audio and again with a modern update to the soundtrack.
- New wingmen voices have been implemented, replacing all of the Rebel ones. We've also implemented a new tactical officer VO using a droid-like voice (This is the voice that tells you your mission critical craft is under attack and whatnot).
- Around half the VOs needed for the Reimagined campaign have been recorded, but still much work to do and then they need to be implemented.
- Some updates to the UI have been done so there are fewer legacy images from the XWA campaign floating around.
- We are also working on getting TFTC ready to integrate with the upcoming XWAU 2.0 release. This will include a new installer thats been developed which will allow you to easily configure the game for whatever mod you want to play. This will ensure you can easily change settings within TFTC and allow you to swap between playing the Classic or Reimagined campaigns with minimal fuss.
What we still need to do:
- The Reimagined campaign still needs several missions finishing up design wise. They are all in a playable state from Battles 1 to 8 (Battles 9-13 will come next year in a DLC patch). However most need serious balance work to ensure they all work ok on all difficulty levels. Currently they are only balanced on Hard difficulty. This will by far take the longest time to accomplish as it requires an enormous amount of testing.
- We hope to have a closed Beta test to help with the above and Classic campaign balancing/bug finding in the next few weeks. A post will be made requesting applications from anyone interested and we will pick from there.
- We have to work out a consistent points scoring system for goals which will relate to when Secret Order cutscenes are triggered. This is where you get promoted up through the Secret Order as the game progresses.
- Several starships still need weapon balancing overhauls from Bman. This will have a knock on impact on mission balancing in some cases.
- Other gameplay aspects still need some tweaking related to laser and warhead behaviour.
- Updated tutorial missions for new players using existing TF training missions as a basis.
- As mentioned above, a fair amount of Reimagined VO work still needs to be done and integrated into the game after being properly cleaned up and balanced by James.
- Lots of bug fixing and other minor tweaks, changes or additions yet to be discovered