Beta Testing Signups

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

Beta Testing Signups

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:04 pm

While the mod is not quite ready yet to Beta test, I do want to get some testers ready to go for when it is. As such I'm now opening up signups for a closed Beta test of TFTC. I will be requiring ideally twelve volunteers. Beta testing will be divided into Classic and Reimagined testing. We hope to begin Beta testing probably after Christmas/New Year.

We require:

[*] People who are willing to dedicate the time to fully test the campaign and each mission contained within your assigned testing duties. This may mean repeated testing until something is fixed. DO NOT APPLY if you cannot dedicate the time or the willpower to test. We don't want people to get bored testing and wander off nor do we want people who just want to play for fun. Your job will be to help us make this mod as good as possible so everyone can enjoy it for fun! :)

[*] Ideally people who have had some testing experience but not necessary. Experience with XWA gameplay is not required either but presumably many applying will have some flight sim experience! It will help us gauge different player skill levels if we get both expert and novice pilots :)

[*] Will be required to submit bug reports and be willing to give detailed feedback on the gameplay. Suggestions welcome of course!

[*] Trust is important! We would be trusting you not to distribute the mod to anyone while you Beta test it. This includes posting screenshots or videos without approval from the TFTC team.

[*] Be willing to use Discord to communicate with the team.

If you are interested, please PM me directly with some details about yourself and why you feel you'd be a good tester for us. Thank you! :)

Lawnie
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Lawnie » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:15 pm

This message is not endorsed by the rest of the TFTC Team and is my own thoughts.

Speaking as one of the alpha testers, Angel is firm but fair. Balance across all levels is key and you will be replaying missions over and over again to make sure everything works as it should. It's not a case of enjoying the full campaign and the pretty effects and calling it a day, save that for 1.0! Instead, you'll be given a series of missions to tune-up and inspect repeatedly. This is a work in progress and there will be bugs that we missed during alpha testing, but Angel will clue you in with regards to what to ignore and what to test.

Testing is not the same as playing, but sometimes it can be just as fun.

Happy flying!

kinkj
Cadet 4th Class

Post by kinkj » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:09 pm

I am currently testing X wing classic which is being updated. If you need any more testers, I would be happy to help. I've been following this project on You Tube. If not approved for testing, no worries.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:43 pm

Send me a PM if you wish to apply.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:43 pm

I would like to test, but I have already have enough of my time consumed modding American Truck Simulator, that i'm gonna pass

@kinkj, i'm a bit curious about the X-Wing Classic project :p
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

ArrowLoop
Galactic Empire

Post by ArrowLoop » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:40 pm

Angel posted this on YouTube yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItNym8L_yZg&t=114s

Beta Signup Application's should go to tftcproject@gmail.com per the video.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:56 pm

ArrowLoop wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:40 pm
Angel posted this on YouTube yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItNym8L_yZg&t=114s

Beta Signup Application's should go to tftcproject@gmail.com per the video.
Hey mate I got your e-mail but not your PM in the forums, you sure you sent it to the right Angel? My name has a capital i instead of an L on the end :D

ArrowLoop
Galactic Empire

Post by ArrowLoop » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:07 pm

AngeI wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:56 pm
My name has a capital i instead of an L on the end :D
That would be why! I had just assumed you were busy; I had sent the PM the same day you started this thread. Sorry about that! Thank you for the follow-up.