December Update

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

December Update

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:05 pm

Festive greetings everyone! Its time for a progress update on TFTC. The work continues at a slower pace due to my RL activities but we are still progressing! We are now also looking to sign up some beta testers. But I'll get to that in a bit. First lets update you on our progress:

What we've done:
  • TFTC has now been integrated into the new XWAU Mega Patch and is taking advantage of the now seamless ability to swap between different versions of XWA with the Palpatine Configurator. Using this, you can simply swap between Classic or Reimagined via this configurator without having to create a separate XWA install!
  • The Classic Campaign has had some testing, bug fixing and further balance tweaks, but is very much fully ready to beta test.
  • The Reimagined Campaign is largely beta-test ready now, but work continues to finish up design and balance testing.
  • A new mission is being added to Reimagined for Battle 6 which has no combat! Think of it as a sort of transition mission for Battles 6 and 7 which will help for storytelling and foreshadowing.
  • The final mission of the main campaign in Reimagined where you rescue the Emperor from Zaarin has been totally redesigned. See the screenshot at the bottom of this post for a sneak peak.
  • A brand new Concourse has been created and designed by ual002! This is not a recreation of the original TF Concourse but rather something unique for this project.
  • The new soundtrack is almost finalised, we've posted some examples on the YouTube channel.
  • Much of the new Reimagined voiceovers have been recorded, work is currently proceeding on cleaning these up and getting them game ready.

What we still need to do:
  • Fixing any few remaining integration issues with the new XWAU Mega Patch.
  • As mentioned, the Reimagined campaign still needs some work done to it, but I believe in the next two-three weeks it will be Beta test ready.
  • New tutorial missions still need to be designed.
  • Final version of the new soundtrack to be implemented.
  • Remaining VO's for Reimagined to be recorded and implemented.
  • Implementing all the cutscenes with the new music soundtrack.
  • A fairly critical bug with Tactical Officer voice spam randomly occurring has been plaguing us since we implemented the new Wingmen voices. We are still investigating if this can be resolved and there is a concern we can't have our new wingmen fully implemented yet, but hopefully we can find the culprit.

How are we doing for time schedule? Well while I'd still like to aim for a late January release, its looking increasing likely this might be February now, but we'll have to see how things progress. We're on the home stretch at this point, once the campaigns are beta ready, its a case of testing, polishing and bug fixing!

Finally, I mentioned Beta testing. I would like to open up signups for Beta testing now so we have testers ready to go when we feel the mod is in Beta. I've made a separate thread for this here with detailed information: https://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 38&t=13145

Hope you all have a great Christmas and here's that sneak peak screenshot of B7M3 Reimagined - Save The Emperor!
Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.05 - 16.09.38.36.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Michal
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Michal » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:00 pm

AngeI wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:05 pm
  • A brand new Concourse has been created and designed by ual002! This is not a recreation of the original TF Concourse but rather something unique for this project.
Cool. Can you post a screenshot of new concourse?
My current project X-Wing Game Series Twitter
My old project X-Wing Series Site, still online

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Michal wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:00 pm
AngeI wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:05 pm
Cool. Can you post a screenshot of new concourse?
For now, no. Its not finalised yet and we might keep it as a mystery until launch ;)

Michal
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Michal » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:58 pm

AngeI wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:38 pm
For now, no. Its not finalised yet and we might keep it as a mystery until launch ;)
Clearly understand.
I'm just curious because I'm the author (together with DS) of the old version from 2004 http://xwing.wz.cz/impxwa.html...
My current project X-Wing Game Series Twitter
My old project X-Wing Series Site, still online

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:17 am

Ahh good to know! We've been using that version since forever I think. JeremyaFr has figured out how to let us move the door locations so it gave us a lot of freedom in designing a new concourse. In addition, we are trying to divest from any DS created materials so there are no future conflicts with him given recent events.

Geoffman72
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Geoffman72 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:44 pm

Thank you for the update! It's looking great! I think I'm looking forward to this much more than any game in recent memory (Squadrons was up there, but it fell short IMO).

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:55 pm

Thank you for this works i never have been so Hypped about a release, waitiiiiing jajajaja.

eddyfurax
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by eddyfurax » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:15 pm

Yes me too i am too Hypped. The wait is so hard. very impatient to test the reimagined Campaign ;)